PC1 Sim Discussion Monday - PCARS 1

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS c.jpg
Monday morning blues? No worries, let's talk Project CARS 1!

Next up for the 'Sim Discussion Monday' feature of articles is the very first release from Slightly Mad Studios - Project CARS 1.

Now the intention of these articles is to talk about a particular sim with like minded individuals, discuss how to get the most from the game in terms of performance and satisfaction, share you wheel or game settings, discuss particular likes and dislikes and generally just chat about anything and everything related to the title.

I appreciate discussion about PCARS can often get a little... tasty, so I ask you to please don't get into a silly flame war or throw around trolling comments. We are (mostly) adults here, let us remember that before we type and keep up the generally good behaviour we display in the various comments sections throughout the site.

With Project CARS 2 on its way in a couple of weeks, this should be a nice opportunity to have a look back at the first game after the benefit of time and experience has helped shape our opinions.

Mondays boring? Nope, Mondays be like...

Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 1 .jpg

The last post was probably the last time I drove Project Cars. I was wanting more street cars in rF2, more responsive physics in AC and something cheaper than iRacing. PC2 feels off and seems not as clear in vr lately.
So I decided to reinstalled Project Cars. And I have to say I'm impressed. Very clear in vr and the physics are nowhere near as bad as I have read in this thread. Maybe these big video cards of today helps and the new v2.5 wheel helps? Along with turning FFB to a 100 and adjusting it down in each car. PC1 really has a lot of FFB setting which I'm starting to rap my head around.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing