Sim Discussion Monday - Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Discussion Monday - Assetto Corsa.jpg

In today’s edition of ‘Sim Discussion Monday’ we talk about all things Assetto Corsa!

Love it or loathe it Assetto Corsa has quickly become one of the most popular racing simulations of the modern sim racing landscape. Bathed in exotic licences the likes of Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini all pitched together on laserscanned tracks, with high quality graphics and physics and a vibrant modding scene, Assetto Corsa from Kunos Simulazioni has very quickly picked up the mantle once held so tightly by Image Space Incorporated and the venerable rFactor platform.

However despite the popularity of the software Assetto Corsa still lacks many of the features considered essential in a modern racing title (think day / night transition, weather and driver swops), leaving many to feel the sim is so close to the top of the mountain, yet just falling short as it scales the summit.

Now in its third year of development, let’s use this article as an opportunity to discuss the game, share tips on optimising the experience on screen and through the wheel, highlight some great content and basically just talk about anything and everything Assetto Corsa!

Mondays be like...

Sim Discussion Monday - Assetto Corsa 2.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Assetto Corsa 3.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Assetto Corsa 4.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Assetto Corsa 5.jpg

• Deleted member 113561

it gets better at every message (or edit).. please don't stop :D
Okay, lets continue
I heard from a kunos employee that Assetto Corsa 2 was cancelled, because your mother company wasn't happy at all about the console launch and your rants. True?
Your engine isn't capable of doing night in a correct way. True?
You don't wanna do rain because it would be too much work. True?
(/s)

Okay, lets continue
I heard from a kunos employee that Assetto Corsa 2 was cancelled, because your mother company wasn't happy at all about the console launch and your rants. True?
Your engine isn't capable of doing night in a correct way. True?
You don't wanna do rain because it would be too much work. True?
(/s)

it's all true.. especially the last one.

mod-edit: cleaned up but hope the sarcasm can still be read

Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow don't like it when not new technology is used - I want to see progress and improvments.
Would it help if Kunos name their stuff differently and the way other studios do it?

For example: U.R.T.M 2.0 (ultra realistic tyre model)
Powered By iNSANE-Engine 3.5
R.E.A.L Tarmac 5.0
And so on...

I could be wrong but I think all sims have pretty similar way of doing things despite those fancy names.

• Deleted member 113561

Would it help if Kunos name their stuff differently and the way other studios do it?

For example: U.R.T.M 2.0 (ultra realistic tyre model)
Powered By iNSANE-Engine 3.5
R.E.A.L Tarmac 5.0
And so on...

I could be wrong but I think all sims have pretty similar way of doing things despite those fancy names.
I think it would help if there is more info about what exactly and how much is simulated.
This goes for all sims.

Going onto Assetto Corsa website, I couldn't find specific info in a fast way. They mostly use marketing sentences "Feel the effects of the four independently moving aero flaps on the Pagani Huayra and the brutal power of the hybrid systems in the McLaren P1." - very informative.

mod-edit: cleaned up

I understand that you have this fantasy where you are the guy that "says as it is".. but really, that's not really the case.. sorry, you're just not.
Such a guy would never accept other facts, opinions, etc. I'm obviously not that guy. You're just mad at me and don't wanna see what I'm writing - by attempting to discredit me - because it doesnt represent your sim in a good way.

I think you still need a lot of lesson how to deal with other opinions, especially as you represent a company

That happens when you're around only fanboys and just blend out criticsm

not really.. it actually happens because I try to avoid spending too much time with morons.

I understand that you have this fantasy where you are the guy who "says it as it is" and everybody else is a dumb fanboy.. but really, that's not really the case.. sorry, you're just not, all you are doing is writing bullshit after bullshit since you came to this thread.. deal with it, it's not my fault, it's not the "fanboys" fault.. you are doing it to yourself.

Last edited:
You're just mad at me and don't wanna see what I'm writing - by attempting to discredit me - because it doesnt represent your sim in a good way.

1) I am not mad.. I am actually pretty amused
2) It doesn't really matter what you say because we've already established that you don't know stuff thus your opinion is totally worthless.

and I guess this is the time when I stop writing.. field is yours junior.. do your worst, I am sure you will.

They mostly use marketing sentences "Feel the effects of the four independently moving aero flaps on the Pagani Huayra and the brutal power of the hybrid systems in the McLaren P1."

Mate, its all there in the game.

Just open up the Aero app and see what the wing flaps are doing, when they're doing it and what effect they have. Its all really easy to see.

Same with the hybrid systems, open the physics app or telemetry app, you can see exactly how much energy you have used, when and how much torque is being deployed etc.

• Deleted member 113561

Mate, its all there in the game.

Just open up the Aero app and see what the wing flaps are doing, when they're doing it and what effect they have. Its all really easy to see.

Same with the hybrid systems, open the physics app or telemetry app, you can see exactly how much energy you have used, when and how much torque is being deployed etc.
Thats not what I meant.
I want to know how it is simulated beneath it, in the code. What exactly are the features in it. How often does the physics calculation occur, etc. Okay sure the average consumer of racing games (especially consoles) is not interested in that. But a lot of simracers are.

That's why you insult me all the time
You have been doing exactly the same thing. The only difference is that you are the first one to report people's posts when it suits you, but you continue to misbehave yourself while accusing others of doing so.

Both of you really need to stop and we need to maximize the moderation in this thread. Will clean up the personal insults.

If you can't discuss without insulting, don't discuss at all as it will lead to nothing.

I think @neuer31 got his 15 minutes of fame already. We can just ignore the diarrhea he's been writing. Clearly he's trying to just get people mad.

@kunos Is there any sort of development or discussion for MP improvements related to transmission tools like replays? Do you think it is something possible or is there other blockers that could potentially make it hard to implement with the current software.

@kunos Is there any sort of development or discussion for MP improvements related to transmission tools like replays? Do you think it is something possible or is there other blockers that could potentially make it hard to implement with the current software.

there's no active development in that area at the moment.
Next update will focus on add some features requested by modders in oder to increase the "simulation value" :p .. but there will be no major changes in the game core.

There is nothing in the current software creating particular blocks other than raw manpower.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back