Sim Commander freezing

I’m running an Accuforce V2 using Sim Commander software to create the the FFB profile for Assetto Corsa (Content Manager launcher). I have the feel fairly well dialed in. Double click the icon on main page to start the CM session using that profile.

All is well until about 3/4 through short (8 lap) quick races. Then the FFB just seems to let go. The odd thing is that the Wheel steers fine, all buttons are functional as well. But the FFB, although not gone completely, is very, very faint compared to the settings I start with. It’s almost like it reverts back to the settings in Content Manager alone, with information no longer being sent from the SC software (I am fairly confident this is what’s happening).

Each time this has happened I finish race, quit out of Content Manager, and when I try to quit Sim Commander, it hangs and eventually needs to be force quit (with the report being sent to Microsoft).

Just wondering if any Accuforce owners out there have ever had this happen? It’s become fairly regular for me. About to submit a ticket over on their site - but based on the great help I’ve gotten here for all things sim - figured I’d give it a shot.

I had this same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I put together a new rig and had it running fine for 2 weeks then I decided to clean up the wires and loom them together and what you are describing happened to me. I would unplug the controller box and then turn it back on, note you might have to restart your computer a few times after this because it takes a couple restarts I noticed to recognize the box again and still it would happen.

The problem was solved by not running the harness near the other cables and also keeping the harness that goes between the box and the steering wheel separate too. Undo the accuforce and the usb cable to controller from any loom or zip tied together. Make sure to unplug the usb cable from the computer to the controller, turn the power off to the controller for a solid minute then turn plug usb back on and power controller back up. Restart computer a couple of times and hopefully you are good to go.

Upvote 0
I had this same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I put together a new rig and had it running fine for 2 weeks then I decided to clean up the wires and loom them together and what you are describing happened to me. I would unplug the controller box and then turn it back on, note you might have to restart your computer a few times after this because it takes a couple restarts I noticed to recognize the box again and still it would happen.

The problem was solved by not running the harness near the other cables and also keeping the harness that goes between the box and the steering wheel separate too. Undo the accuforce and the usb cable to controller from any loom or zip tied together. Make sure to unplug the usb cable from the computer to the controller, turn the power off to the controller for a solid minute then turn plug usb back on and power controller back up. Restart computer a couple of times and hopefully you are good to go.

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear, you determined that it was some type of EMI or similar? I’ve got the wheel to the box harness on its own. But the USB cables from wheel and pedals, and the monitor displayport cable are running together to the computer.

I could try separating those and see if it eliminates interference.

I had 2 successful quick races with the AI right after posting this. No issues at all. Seems random. Which I guess makes EMI a good culprit.

Upvote 0
Having cables from different devices crossing paths should not pose much of an issue but, running them parallel in close proximity can certainly cause EMI issues.

Upvote 0
Having cables from different devices crossing paths should not pose much of an issue but, running them parallel in close proximity can certainly cause EMI issues.

I’ve definitely dealt with my share of EMI gremlins before. Always when you think you have a good, clean setup - comes back and bites you in the....

It’s definitely worth a shot to see if I can eliminate the issue. I don’t have many runs to the computer, and not far to go - so should be a fairly easy test.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years