Sim Coaching Discount | Driver61 Sim Pure Pace Masterclass

Addressing the elephant in the room here and I fully expect a ban, but do people genuinely pay for this stuff? It seems... kind of pathetic, no?

I got started with sims in the early 2000's, back when there was zero attempt at making this stuff accessible to the general public. Turning the driving line on was more than enough to get me up to speed and when I raced in leagues under my dad's name, I generally didn't make an arse of myself and most people didn't even know I was only 12 or 13. I really didn't think it was all that difficult.

With YouTube being so huge nowadays, anyone can sit down for 10-20 minutes during a lunchbreak and watch onboard laps of any car at any track, not to mention the countless videos on racecraft, theory, etc. This stuff is all free, by the way.

It kind of blows my mind that people would take things a step further and feel the need to pay for private coaching. Like, if you seriously can't figure out the concept of driving in a circle with the abundance of material already available, that you need to pay someone to be your friend on Teamspeak for an hour to hold your hand around the circuit, this might not be the hobby for you.

Especially since professional drivers are on record saying driver coaching is basically a giant scam and consists of being told "brake later, accelerate earlier."
I don't know the answer but I have witnessed a driver who was being coached and his pace greatly improved in short space of time so in this case it must have worked. He was already pretty quick (so did know the concept of driving around in circle already) and now he is a race potential winner for sure.

Instructor was Darren Burke Performance Driver Coach. He supports the Caterhamracer.com league. I am not linked to him I just competed in their last season and saw this guy improve rapidly.

I defo not an expert but even myself (and other experienced members) has passed on some of my decades of sim racing experience to members of my Discord and they have improved and I have open their eyes to certain things.

You never stop learning

Last edited:
Especially since professional drivers are on record saying driver coaching is basically a giant scam and consists of being told "brake later, accelerate earlier."
If that's what you think to which the coaching amounts, you are woefully misinformed. I wonder how many professional drivers of any note say coaching is a scam. Only bitter and twisted ones, I suspect.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back