Alright when was that again.....?

The race was ok , but is anyone else completely tired of David Croft's incessant SHOUTING over the slightest little thing? Is there any chance we might get a new commentator any time soon?

I am so fed up with it, I had to turn the volume down, and could hardly hear the cars. But unfortunately, I could still hear him shouting.

I don't know how Martin puts up with it if he's standing next to him for the entire race.

thanks for this, the starting page picture of his 2003? 2004? car gives me a big flashback to the good old days of F1C 99-02 when I was working on the ETCC mods back in the day. I think we had some contact to the drivers & even our studios logo on one of the cars for a couple of races (can't remember which one...) - Andy also gave some input if I remember correctly. good guy.

Points even for Haas, you don't see that often. Congrats to Riccardo, and congrats to Cyril on his new tattoo. :roflmao:

Another spin by Vettel - was not really surprised when it happened.

Bad luck Bottas again. Unluckiest driver on the grid.

Magnussen great start and then dropped down the order.

Voting is now open for the RaceDepartment Eifel Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

This weekend we returned to the Nürburgring for round seven of the 2020 Formula One calendar.

Our first visit to the Eifel mountains since 2013 saw collisions, mechanical failures, a safety car and action aplenty. The midfield battle heated up once more, setting us up for an exciting fight for third in the constructors' championship, with just six races remaining. Hopefully you enjoyed F1's return to the Nürburgring, and can now vote for your RaceDepartment Driver of the Day.

There are some good candidates for this weekend's Driver of the Day title. We saw some good racing, impressive landmarks being achieved, as well as a solid drive from Nico Hülkenberg, despite the German not having had the chance to practice before racing in place of the unwell Lance Stroll.

Let us know who you thought stood out today, and get some discussion going about the race.

Cover.jpg

Attachments

• Nurburgring.jpg
    Nurburgring.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Points even for Haas, you don't see that often.
Problem is that basically everyone above them in the standings scored more. But yeah, a rare sight.
Another spin by Vettel - was not really surprised when it happened.
Neither was I, but I didnt even care if he got going again or not. So depressing to watch.

On a lighter note; impressive by Hulkenberg to get as far up the order as he did with basically no practice.

So, who hit the kill switch on Bottas' car?

OK conspiracy theory I'll admit, but as I saw Bottas leap into the lead with a good margin and given that Hamilton was about to equal Schumacher's record in terms of wins, I thought "Hmmm, mechanical failure for Bottas then" and then boom, Bottas DNF with mechanical failure.

It's bullshit I know, but even so this kind of thing does seem to happen a bit too often for comfort in F1 - all in my most humble opinion that is.

Anyway, the Hulk for DotD - honestly which other driver today would deserve that reverence?

Last edited:
I wasn’t born on Guernsey but moved here back in 2004 so have become used to spotting Andy and his wife doing the shopping and enjoying a coffee in St. Peter Port. Haha, but I also really enjoyed a talk he did in aid of a charity a few years back where he described just how tough it was for him to break through into motorsport.

Like a lot of drivers he wanted to get to F1 but the money ran out. If I remember after dominating the Renault spider cup he was offered a paid drive (his first one) with BMW and the rest as they say is history.

Certainly a very gifted driver and has done huge amounts for charities on Guernsey as well.

History has repeated itself though with his Son. Started in single seaters but the budgets were huge so he’s moved across into sports cars and GT racing, and doing very well. I remember Andy talking about million pound plus budgets some drivers were bringing with them into even the very junior categories. Most of which were from very wealthy families, etc.

Definitely up there in my view with our British F1 hero’s as well.

So, who hit the kill switch on Bottas' car?

OK conspiracy theory I'll admit, but as I saw Bottas leap into the lead with a good margin and given that Hamilton was about to equal Schumacher's record in terms of wins, I thought "Hmmm, mechanical failure for Bottas then" and then boom, Bottas DNF with mechanical failure.

It's bullshit I know, but even so this kind of thing does seem to happen a bit too often for comfort in F1 - all in my most humble opinion that is.

Anyway, the Hulk for DotD - honestly which other driver today would deserve that reverence?
So you thought about that before Bottas' engine failed and then BOOM? Telepathic? Then it is you :) :) :)

Jokes aside. I think this was a great race with a lot of action.

Excellent interview Paul :thumbsup: always nice to hear from one of the real pros on their take on reality vs. sim and his stories about some of the other legends using sims were great. Seems like a genuinely nice guy...hope you can get some more interviews like this from other IRL drivers, especially in today's climate with the world spotlight still somewhat on this hobby of ours.

To not steal any thunder from the video (so check it out tomorrow for more detail), but he basically said it's getting a lot closer overall but of course it's missing the G-forces/feeling in the seat which he is more accustomed to vs. cues in the steering wheel. This is from him using high end hardware (DD wheel, high end load cell pedals, no motion or transducers) and driving mostly in RF2.
For me i was intrigued when he talked about the oversteer state compare to real. Sim racing seems from what i took from that video a little over senstitive to oversteer, and hence his son was overcompensating this fact and was upsetting the car in doing so....

however great video!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%