Sim And Real Racing Gifts At Christmas?

I have to admit, when I first learned of the buttkicker, I thought it seemed pretty ridiculous...but I have heard enough people raving about it that I've changed my opinion. It's supposed to really add to the experience. I'd like to try one someday, you'll have to let us know what you think of it!
I've had one for several yrs and it's hands down 1 of of the most immersive products I've owned.
Once you've used it, it's hard to race without it.
To me the equivalent to racing without it would be using a non ffb wheel again :)

We just moved to a new house in a new town and the sim room needs some decoration. At least that's what one of our daughters must have been thinking. She gave me this one. Also another good 'stay inside' activity for this strange 2020 year ending. And I treated myself with the new R3E content.

1609102916534.png

Last edited:
Having been laid off since April and my wife being laid off for the second time due to covid and another lock down.

I've been forced to watch my bank account of late, plus sim racing gear in general is getting too damn expensive!
I was looking at upgrading to a next gen VR headset, DD wheel, pedals and a new Nvidia 3000 card....when I did the math it worked out to be more than the used 2007 Subaru WRX I purchased for $5000 in October.....and to be honest I've had an absolute blast ripping around on the local logging trails :)

I choose to let my iracing subscription expire come Feb to save a little money...shame as it was my go to title, but just haven't had the time to jump online in the past few months to justify the cost.
So I took some of that money and purchased 5000 VRP for Raceroom to grab the new content and give me my racing fix till things get back to somewhat normal again.

BTW I am slightly jealous of some of the products people got in this thread :)

So impressed with the Oculus Quest 2 VR Goggles we got the kids for christmas, i ordered myself the works on Boxing Day.

P.S. To all those VR fanboi's in the past that i've possibly clashed with. I do apologise, it is as good as it's talked up to be. Yet to sim-race in a pair but i am looking forward to it with much anticipation. :thumbsup:

Nothing for me, as this hobby is getting too expensive, indeed.

But got myself this badboy last monday. Should arrive by the end of January hopefully.

Gomez makes an amazing wheel; that's the wheel I'd like to save up for one day.

So impressed with the Oculus Quest 2 VR Goggles we got the kids for christmas, i ordered myself the works on Boxing Day.

P.S. To all those VR fanboi's in the past that i've possibly clashed with. I do apologise, it is as good as it's talked up to be. Yet to sim-race in a pair but i am looking forward to it with much anticipation. :thumbsup:
Your life is about to change forever. :p

Got myself an APM 2 weeks before christmas as a gift to myself. Now the opportunity to replace my 970 with an used 1080ti has arose and will eat up my special bonus x)

Got some money from mom&dad and bought myself a pair of new gloves. Sparco Arrow black/yellow (karting version because no need for fire resistance). Until now I've used the Sparco sim gloves, but these slowly fell apart after a few months of usage.

Last edited:
Gomez makes an amazing wheel; that's the wheel I'd like to save up for one day.

I hope they expand their wheel line as this looks solid and really high end, not just like a carbonplate with some apem buttons and a random wheel to choose from. Definitely would buy more from them.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing