Sim And Real Racing Gifts At Christmas?

Better topic would have been: what did you give away for Christmas. There are people that did not celebrate Christmas because they simply do not have the money.
Anyways, keep going on with all expensive stuff you received

I would wish 2021 to be less about preaching and virtue signaling and more about respecting differences of opinion - unless it is about injustice.

I didn’t get anything, but that wasn’t about money. If you don’t like people talking about their toys just move along and make a difference in the real world.

Let that be my final preaching and virtue signaling for 2020.

I wish everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous 2021!

Last edited:
Got nothing Sim related, Being a delivery driver and putting in silly hour's since the first lockdown i was just pleased to have made it to Xmas day without getting this awful Virus and have a few days off! Fortunate to still have a job though, A lot of people have lost theirs :(

Last edited:
4rqolh.jpg

Sweet !! I was thinking of getting them too !! Feedback are welcome
Compared to the default G27 pedals they're significantly better. Obviously these are just first impressions, but the heavier weighting of all of the pedals seems to make it easier to hold a throttle position or manage wheel lock with the brakes. And of course it's force-based, not position-based, and highly adjustable. I'd say they're worth it at $200, and a no-brainer at $150. The brakes aren't hydraulic, but they feel stiff yet progressive like real hydro brakes, and you can adjust them to be super-stiff if you want.

I got the Fanatec MPM (magnetic paddle modual) for my older "not supported" Universal HUB, a quick plug swap and it works just fine. Very happy with these compared to the magnetic mod i had been running for years.

A little annoyed with Fanatec for trying to make them incompatible with older hardware when it is still only two wires but they run it through a 6 pin :O_o:

Merry Crimbo all! I got this, its a graphics tablet from my brother, never used one of these before so i immediately thought, Car Skins! But I don't have a modern version of Photoshop, i've got aan ancient one somewhere on disk.

I hav'nt made a skin since the days of rfactor (original). So I'll need to re-teach myself to do that, plus I can't afford Photoshop, any advice on alternatives or skining in general?
133265684_1312196262481273_7072656691280648328_n.jpg

Merry Crimbo all! I got this, its a graphics tablet from my brother, never used one of these before so i immediately thought, Car Skins! But I don't have a modern version of Photoshop, i've got aan ancient one somewhere on disk.

I hav'nt made a skin since the days of rfactor (original). So I'll need to re-teach myself to do that, plus I can't afford Photoshop, any advice on alternatives or skining in general?
View attachment 430471
I use the free programs GIMP (https://www.gimp.org/) and Paint.NET (https://www.getpaint.net/); combined, they're just as good as Photoshop, especially with community plugins. Also, except for base graphics, I can't see how a graphics tablet would help with skinning, since most of the time I'm just placing logos and drawing lines.

I made myself two gifts.
One came already before Christmas. It was the SWE 29 Wheel Add-On for the G29 by Extreme Simracing.
The second gift was ordered with the money, which I received at Christmas: the inverted Pedals Addon for the G29, also made by Extreme Simracing. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing