Sim And Real Racing Gifts At Christmas?

My wife completely surprised me with the Driver61 racing class. I realize that good people differ on the efficacy of such things, but I desperately need some help. I'm excited to have some structured instruction.

What was amazing was that I didn't even prompt her for that.
That's awesome!
I gifted my fiancé a driver training. We replaced the old c class I got from my grandpa with a Skoda fabia and now that it's "her car too", I really want her to know how to catch a slide etc.

She wasn't happy.. :roflmao:

She also got a necklace and perfume as I knew she wouldn't like the training idea haha.

But imo every single driver out there should do such a training by law. I think at least half of all accidents could be avoided if people knew the limits of their car and also how to stay in control.

Reactions: BP
That's awesome!
I gifted my fiancé a driver training. We replaced the old c class I got from my grandpa with a Skoda fabia and now that it's "her car too", I really want her to know how to catch a slide etc.

She wasn't happy.. :roflmao:

She also got a necklace and perfume as I knew she wouldn't like the training idea haha.

But imo every single driver out there should do such a training by law. I think at least half of all accidents could be avoided if people knew the limits of their car and also how to stay in control.
I agree. However, to be more specific, this is the iRacing sim class.

My regular driver was recently totaled (not my fault and everyone is fine), and I replaced it with a NC Miata. So it is good for me to acquire some more skills as well.

I agree. However, to be more specific, this is the iRacing sim class.

My regular driver was recently totaled (not my fault and everyone is fine), and I replaced it with a NC Miata. So it is good for me to acquire some more skills as well.
Yeah I thought you meant the simracing class. Just took it for a hook to tell about my not-happy partner haha.

Sorry for your totaled car! Hope all is well and you good fair money for it!

Yeah I thought you meant the simracing class. Just took it for a hook to tell about my not-happy partner haha.

Sorry for your totaled car! Hope all is well and you good fair money for it!
I'm happy with what I got for it. It was my daily commuter, but now I don't commute much anymore and I don't see myself having to drive to work much in the foreseeable future. So I decided that it was time for something more fun. My wife was fine with it as long as she gets to drive it sometimes.

I've had it for a little over a week and I'm absolutely loving it. And it's economical too! I save on brake pads by not having to use the brakes so much when I go around corners now ;) :roflmao:

Not strictly racing related, but i gifted myself a RTX 3070 card to replace my old 1070. Wife got me a nice knife (a sturdy Benchmade Sibert Bushcrafter), making it a great present to feed my other hobby.

Better topic would have been: what did you give away for Christmas. There are people that did not celebrate Christmas because they simply do not have the money.
Anyways, keep going on with all expensive stuff you received

I find it hilarious that your profile pic is an expensive car and then try to make people feel guilty for getting/buying something on Christmas. Either you own one and you're a hypocrite, or admire/covet them from afar and you're still a hypocrite. Also, one does not need gifts or money to celebrate Christmas, the reason is in the name...and at the very least it's a time to spend with loved ones whether you're religious or not, rich or not. Stop assuming because we got things means we give nothing back to anyone. Get off your high horse please.

Last edited:
1609238248030.png

From my Wife! :inlove:

I received the gloves I ordered from my Christmas Amazon gift card. Wow. Game changer.

I ordered the Sparco Arrow K gloves. I was nervous about the size since I ordered small based on the hand measurement procedure. I have never had a pair of gloves fit so well and feel so good on the wheel.

Definitely recommend these gloves. I also have a pair of Sparco Hypergrip sim racing gloves. No comparison. The Arrow gloves are in a completely different class.

Tangentially related to the sublime Singer Porsche 911 mod for Asetto Corsa hosted here on RD . . .

My brother sent me this tome which arrived today:

I have never been a 911 fan, but Singers are quickly becoming a fast obsession!

Merry Crimbo all! I got this, its a graphics tablet from my brother, never used one of these before so i immediately thought, Car Skins! But I don't have a modern version of Photoshop, i've got aan ancient one somewhere on disk.

I hav'nt made a skin since the days of rfactor (original). So I'll need to re-teach myself to do that, plus I can't afford Photoshop, any advice on alternatives or skining in general?
View attachment 430471

Have a look at Affinity Photo. I've heard it's a good alternative to Photoshop. You can download a free trial to get you going.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back