F1 2010 Silverstone

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Cripes it's a difficult track. fast sweeping corners, lots of left then right turns, and right then left turns.

I'd say next to Bahrain it has to be the most difficult course. Perhaps singapore is there too.

Am I alone in thinking this?

Could be but i learned to drive round Silverstone too just practice a few laps, tho i miss some braking points on both tracks but yeah im playing with a controller on Hard settings so you gotta give me credit the hardest corners on silverstone are the 2 hairpins before the long straight which leads to the chicanes before start finish

Cripes it's a difficult track. fast sweeping corners, lots of left then right turns, and right then left turns.

I'd say next to Bahrain it has to be the most difficult course. Perhaps singapore is there too.

Am I alone in thinking this?
in my view Silverstone is relatively medium difficulty to drive but hard to win (drive well).
It did take me a while to learn Bahrain but once you have it sorted its easy.
Give us more comments after you have raced Singapore- Marina Bay and Monaco. In my view these are tracks that take 200 laps practice to drive well and as Paul suggests below a mistake will usually mean damage.
Are left then right and right then left turns unusual?

Sorry but to me Silverstone is very easy for me, get the setup right and you can be consistantly fast. I have raced on Silverstone since F1 97 so i know it really well, Bahrain i knew till F1 2010 and after 2 to 3 laps i knew the braking points for the track changes that was made. I would say Monaco is much harder to learn, not because its tight but because you can't afford to make mistakes and on Monaco mistakes are so easy to make. For me the new tracks are the challanging ones because all the other's i have raced on in previous F1 games so i know them very well.

But when i first started playing F1 97 it was Monaco i found the more challanging of the intire race calander, and even now it is challanging. You have to consantrat 110% at all times and a little lose of consantration can resault in a mistake which could cost you a place or two or worse put you out of the race.

I kinda get the Silverstone issue, it is a bit trick to keep a good flow round the track, I think it's hard to remember that it is faster than you think it is. But I wouldn't say it's the hardest. It's got to be Marina Bay, for me, mix of the night, very slow corners and some fast areas, makes it tricky for me. Spa and Monaco can give you the best satisfaction when you get a good lap together, also Silverstone.

I just finished Silverstone in my career and found that I was slower than normal for some reason, I couldn't put m finger on it. I'm in a Williams and I had Kovalainen pull away from me and a Toro Rosso up my bum for half the race. Got me really frustrated. There are much worse tracks on the calendar, but I think Silverstone is difficult to drive fast consistently.

Silverstone is an interesting track. If you have good concentration you can nail the Maggots, Becketts and Chapel corners which helps you set up the rest of the lap. But if you flub these corners, it can make for a difficult lap. I find every track has one or more "gotcha" corners. Last week people were talking about Monza being an easy track. But as someone rightfully pointed out, yes Monza is not a difficult track, but it is a hard track to nail the perfect lap on and Silverstone is similar. It's not hard, but it is not easy to nail the perfect lap. You really need to concentrate. But concentration applies to all tracks. I only do 100% length races and 97 to 98% of the time I can drive clean without a big mistake. But I have yet to drive a race without some sort of mistake and it just solidified how good the real drivers are. Many (not all) of them can drive the entire race without making a large mistake ... complete with the physical g-forces ... something we do not have to deal with.

The left hand exit of chapel at the entry of hanger straight sucks in this game. Way to tight and easy to run wide. Still not sure if i like the new arena section although abbey is a pretty decent corner. Done a trackday here last year and Abbey is definataly an eye opener.. nearly trashed my prelude there!! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%