Silverstone Secures New F1 Deal for British Grand Prix

Old vs new silverstone. My favourite topic! For me the old silverstone was a track that had couple of nice corners and couple of annoying corners. Worst issue with the old track where the two bad chicanes. Vale wasn't that bad because it had a decent exit corner following it in club. But it was still a chicane. The farm/abbey was just horrible chicane. The best part of the old track was the priory/brooklands which was lost when they changed the track. But you still have copse, maggots, beckets and stowe. The new abbey/farm is pretty cool corner and imho the village/loop/aintree has really nice flow despite its slow speed. Fun corner to rotate the car from one corner to the next. It sure sucks in f1 cars but so does any slow corner with less than 120kph speed. If I had to drive some version of the silverstone the 1994-2009 versions are probably the worst of them all. The pre 1987 and the after 2009 are both nice tracks but even then the modern silverstone is best of them all because it has no chicanes and has some nice corners.

Maybe not as good as the old layout, but still one of the best race tracks.
Hard to pick a winner - obvious to say Mercedes but maybe Ferrari will, as it is a high speed circuit. Doubtful that Red Bull will be in with a shout tomorrow.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 242 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%