F1 2010 Silverstone - Maggots Becketts Chapel - Strategy

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm good at Silverstone but , in the Maggots Becketts Chapel i have really difficulty , can you please give me a strategy , i do full throttle in Maggots , brake in beckettes , full trottle in Chapel then brake before the straight. And , i go in the Grass or i cut the turn and get sanctionned ..

Sorry for my english . Please help me.

Too get fast there you need high front wing imo, I use 11/1 and with that setting I can drive full speed through Maggots and when you come to Beckets downshift to 3rd or 4th gear and then about 80% throttle through last corner. Thats how I drive there but there is maybe more ways to drive there.

This section should feel a lot more natural in 2011 with the new suspension model. Looking at preview events the general consensus is that weight shift is a lot more noticeable, as is the way the outside tyres 'dig in' and carry the majority of the load through these extreme G sections. In 2010 this section feels very 'floaty' to me, and without having seen IRL onboard laps it can be hard to feel the best line through the complex, when in reality there is only one fast line and it's dictated by weight transfer limitations.

In my view this complex is interesting because you have a series of bends with a fast entry and fast exit.
Because your exit speed onto the straight will influence your lap time signifiacntly you really must prioritise the exit onto the straight and work backwards from there with your line.
Fast entry, get your line tidied up in the middle and manage your speed to allow a nice slightly late right hand apex and early throttle.
If you are in a mess in the last bend and mess up the entry into the straight it is expensive. 5 mph loss in th emiddle of the complex is fine if it helps you set up the exit. 5 mph loss on exit will impact you the whole straight.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%