F1 2014 silverstone lap time 1.34.14

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi. Can anyone please put my mind at rest. I have been playing f1 2014 for some time now and feel I am confident in the game. I have tried everything, all settings etc, which from worst to good is about 0.4 difference. For example silverstone dry in a mercedes on ps3 I cannot better 1.34.14. So how is it that on the leader board it is possible to achieve 1.30.10.

Hi. Can anyone please put my mind at rest. I have been playing f1 2014 for some time now and feel I am confident in the game. I have tried everything, all settings etc, which from worst to good is about 0.4 difference. For example silverstone dry in a mercedes on ps3 I cannot better 1.34.14. So how is it that on the leader board it is possible to achieve 1.30.10.

I've noticed that when you pit in Silverstone in F1 2013 and 2014 after a full throttle lap,
your lap time is about a couple of seconds faster, because you cross the finishing line in the pits a lot sooner.. I don't know if they could use that in Time Trial, but it's possible.

Ignore the leaderboards, they are full of cheats and track cutters :)

If anything can be exploited, then a leaderboard is a sure way of bringing out the people who like to exploit.

Totally agree with this, particularly with the cheats who have clearly modded the game, even on consoles. You will consistently see the same names in the top ten. The TT leaderboard for wet is particularly telling. There are some wet times that are impossible in the dry.

I know one guy who proudly admits modding his Xbox 360 games - so much for the TOS and any monitoring of it, no punkbuster type stuff running there!!! I noticed he got Dead Island and hey presto two days later maxed out the XP for that game. With that one he cheated himself out of any satisfaction from meeting challenges; but with racing, the cheats abuse us all and distort our self-assessment and goals for improvement.

Hang on a minute, this seems to mirror life and the rat race a wee bit:) Sh*t generally floats.

Thanks Graham. It's a shame but at least it's put my mind at rest. So how do I know what my target times should be realistically. Many thanks. Gio.

Updated 31.3.15

Using Xbox handcontroller, my TT time at Silverstone in 2014 is 1:36 in the Ferrari, but I haven't pushed for faster in TT which I now only use for circuit learning. I posted 1:30.6 in 2013. I think 1:34 is fairly respectable but could be improved without cheats. I have never cheated, would not know how to and the only web searches I have done on the topic were just to prove to myself cheaters existed.

On Xbox I have noticed a group using the prefix TRL in their user names are very suspect for using cheats. In the 2013 game a certain TRL 2Fast4You has posted 0:58.072 at Silverstone and precisely the same time at Nurburgring and Budapest - 0:58.072. It's very hard to gauge what a non-cheating fast lap time is, but I suspect it will be somewhere between 1:31 and 1:32 in the 2014 game.

A good way to improve on TT is to pick a car to ghost for you, say six/tenths faster than your lap. When you've beaten it, repeat. Ghost cars no longer count as an assist in the Xbox 360 version.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing