F1 2010 Silverstone in a Virgin

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Impossible!

Now, I've generally struggled at Silverstone no matter which game I've played it on, but I'm just doing terrible in F1 2010. I fought hard just to get a high 1:39, which is still over a second off pace of 23rd, and this is in the pre-determined Practice sessions, in the race, I will likely be about 4 seconds of the slowest pace.

I just can't seem to find a rhythm or a good line around this track. I suffer severe understeer no matter which setup pre-set I play with.

I can't carry speed through Copse, at all.

I'm always getting rear ended into Stowe, as I just can't seem to take it at the speed the AI can without catching heavy understeer and sliding off track.

I'm inconsistent through Maggots, Becketts and Chapel. Sometimes I can get through them clean (but not very fast), and sometimes I'll just understeer off track if I try to keep pace with the AI.

Any tips on how to take the turns around silverstone? Braking will prevent the understeer, but I'm losing way to much time and speed while doing this. Light braking and trying to get the aero to do the rest, is just causing massive understeer.

I'm tempted to download a setup, even if it just improves my lap times by a second or two, then at least I can keep up with the back pack.

Are you using manual or automatic gears? What difficulty setting, driving aids, fuel/tyre sim on or off? those are important factors, having manual gears on that track is probably the most important factor, as you will need to be in the right gear at the right time to fight off the understeer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back