DiRT Rally silver and matte black effects

• Thread starter Deleted member 236927
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 236927

• Deleted member 236927

Hi, need a little help. I'm not a photoshop expert and I'm creating a livery but don't know how to apply silver and matte finish effects. appreciate if anyone can help. please see image.
thanks

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 231
Hi.
I got your message through my website, but I will try to explain here, what you need to do, to achieve silver and matte effects.

To achieve these effects, you have to edit specocc.tga file. As you will notice, this file is in grayscale. Everything what is WHITE, will be glossy. Everything what is BLACK will be matte.

You are trying to achieve silver and black matte effects.

SILVER:
For silver you need to use a gray colour. So all parts of your livery, which are gray, have to be WHITE or LIGHT GRAY in specocc.tga file. You will have to find your proper gray intensity to achieve desired silver colour.

BLACK MATTE:
Same as above, but this time all parts of your livery, which you want to be matte, need to be black in specocc.tga file.

Probably you will have to make a few attempts to find out your desired effect.

And do not forget to save your specocc.tga file with a right settings. You will find it on my website (Tutorial).

http://dirt-lounge.***********/dirt/tutorial

Sorry for my English, but I hope you understand everything.

Cheers ,
Goozys

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 236927

sorry for late reply. thank you for your support. I have not finished my livery yet because of this. I'll start again. thank you so much

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%