Silly Question

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Jeremy Chambers, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Jeremy Chambers

Jeremy Chambers

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Guys,

I know that this may be a silly question, but I have to ask. I am running a 1990 mod and I am trying to run 26 drivers on the Phoenix track. It seems to take forever to load though. I hit the Esc key and then it loads fairly quickly. I realize this is getting it to skip the rest of the loading process. the question I have is, is this a result of not enough RAM or would it be the video memory that does this?

I know that I need to upgrade, but I have some extra RAM kicking around from an older computer...

2. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,324
    Sounds like there's an error message that you're skipping. Next time it freezes, switch tasks and see if there is an error pop up.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Jeremy Chambers

Jeremy Chambers

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes there was an error message. It read "gMotor2 error" "Error loading mesh file MCLLIGHT.GMT to memory. Do you think this is a RAM issue or a video card issue? Or is this just that I need to reinstall the mod...

4. BlkJello

BlkJello

Ratings:
    +22
    Thats an error with the mod...not your hardware. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon

Ratings:
    +5,852
    Try to find the line in the scn and delete it. Dont know what this gmt does but you can try.

6. Jeremy Chambers

Jeremy Chambers

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it is a car actually. Gerhard Berger's McLaren to be specific. I tried loading it again and then drove down the pits looking in each stall. Sure enough Gerhard's car was a grey lump. I will tinker with the scn file to see what can be done. Otherwise I will try a 1991 mod instead...