RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was a complete disaster.
I have apparently forgotten how to drive Sonoma. Couldn't find grip if I stepped out and nailed the car to the tarmac.
I know I'm not going to mix it up with the top dogs, but four seconds off the pace...?
Oy vey..... :O_o:
And just to make it a perfect evening, I got a small tap on Lap 1. Nothing major, but enough to send me into another car that tapped me into the wall, and killed my engine.....*sigh*
Not anybodys fault, just one of those things.
And now if you'll excuse me, I'll go vent my frustrations by kicking the cat.....repeatedly. :D
Image sent to Backmarkers

I placed the bmw z4 on 15th for quali and managed to finish 11th. This trackis very difficult but still it was fun.

I had one incident when I hit the wall and spun. As I was turning the car around I left room on my right for some to pass but they ran right into me. I apologize. I guess the driver thought I would have cleared the racing but there wasn't enough time.

I also tapped someone from behind but it was just a "love" tap and the driver carried on ok. My apologies again.

Other than hitting the wall about three or 4 times, I had some good battles and some time alone to try and improve, also to stay consistant. Only one lap down, not bad.

Congrats to Mr. C and to all that finished the race. Thanks all for showing up to provide a large grid. Thank you @Kenny Paton for hosting. Lets hope for more practice and patients moving forward. Great fun today

Definitely an awesome race, it was freaken intense! Mr C and Oli you two are incredible, awesome speed and consistency, was great fun battling you both. Dropped a bit of time with traffic and then was overly cautious on my out lap (cold tyre phobia), so that's why I dropped way back from you Mr C, but big thanks to Oli for the pit stop blunder which gave me back the time I lost (take note Mr C. :D)

Can't wait for next week, doubtful I will be able to battle at the front but I will give it my best (got practice around the real thing in a Mazda 3 at 60kph the other week, it was amazing to see in person!

Special mention to Lorenzo, thank you for having a self proclaimed shocking race couldn't have done it with out you hahaha

Racing etiquette question, what are the thoughts on letting lap cars know they are being lapped Via team speak? Not sure I'll ever be in that scenario again (today may have been a fluke).

My personal opinion is if I'm getting lapped I definitely don't want to interfere with any lead battles, so a quick "Shawn Jacobs get out of the way I'm about to lap you" is fine by me :)

I was trying as hard as I could to be consistent and not to get in anyone's way which is not easy at Somona :D. Best I could manage was 1:14 - 1:15 and I'm pretty sure it was the 2 hairpins that cost me the most seconds. But what a thrill flying round that devilish track with 20-odd GT3's thundering round with you - we'll have to do it in the Group 5's one day...:):).

Roll on Bathurst

Never driven on a snooker table so i cant really compare :)
I take it your reffering to its smoothness?
I watched a few RL wtcc races at the track on youtube and there was very little suspension travel from what i could see. I use a buttkicker mounted to my seat to mimic bumps, rumble strips and collisions and theres only a few spots in the braking zones where i can feel any noticable effects through my wheel or buttkicker. I recall one of the devs saying the smoothness of a few tracks ingame where due to them being new or repaved.
Anyways i am enjoying this combo, first time driving these with the new update

Racing etiquette question, what are the thoughts on letting lap cars know they are being lapped Via team speak? Not sure I'll ever be in that scenario again (today may have been a fluke).

My personal opinion is if I'm getting lapped I definitely don't want to interfere with any lead battles, so a quick "Shawn Jacobs get out of the way I'm about to lap you" is fine by me :)
Last night when i was screaming "Please...Please...Please" i was getting close to lap someone and was hoping that ,that person will figure it out, at one point one of the lapped cars was fighting me pretty hard to get unlaped probably,was quite scary for me:)).
Found few people that don't use TS sadly so no way of letting them now,but all was good

Sign me up (until friday or so when i can confirm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back