1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Silhouette Series @ Knutstorp - Thur 26Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 6, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 26-10-17
  1. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +749
    YES !! :p:roflmao::laugh::whistling:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +699
    Live stream from my cockpit will be here:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,420
    (I will likely attempt streaming again as well as R3E streaming went fairly well for me on Tuesday, unlike AMS this whole week, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that you should definitely watch Georg's stream instead :) )

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    Of course and remember if he's back seat driving
    giphy_(8).gif

• Haha Haha x 4
  5. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +464
    Martin I shall watch them both for sure ..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,420
  7. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +935
    I was looking forward to joining this event but unfortunately I have broken my brake pedal. Something went crunch inside and can't be bothered the look as the pedals are absolute:poop: anyway. I was practicing for this event at the time, yesterday. And I have no spare so I've ordered some new ones. I just had the right amount of money in my PayPal account for CSL elite pedals LC. :) with £1.28 to spare. And the missus knows nothing.:):) If anybody else is using these pedals, would you be so kind to share your opinion on them.:thumbsup: I've heard they are very good for the price. So I'm looking forward to getting them and setting them up.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  8. Christoph Müller

Christoph Müller
    Premium

Ratings:
    +325
    great racing guys! :D
    that was great fun:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Real-House

Real-House

Ratings:
    +38
    It was a nice track/car combo! Sorry about the terrible start at the second race. Accidentally started in neatral....

• Like Like x 3
  10. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    Good race guys
    Glad it's over :D

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    Nice racing guys and gal, congrats to the podiums with some close racing it was good to see how clean it all was.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +331
    Great fun I think, even though my old body is wasted now
    can hardly get out off the rig. :laugh:
    First race ok , second I don´t know what went wrong
    almost every thing as it seems. Did some rally cross
    a couple off times sorry about that:(:mad::(.
    See you Sunday if not before . As always a Big thank you to all Admins
    and Congrats to all podium Alliens:cool:.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Abbie

Abbie
    Turn 3 Motorsport Graphical Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    What. An. Event.

This has lured me back for future events (when I can steal the rig off @Joseph Wright :cautious:)

Summary:

Practiced for 3 hours with Joe to get used to the car and track. Very difficult combo but after working together we got a setup that suited my driving style.
    20171026214843_1.jpg
    Unfortunately everyone had boost in qualifying so my lap was not as good as in practice and therefore I started race one from 7th. After a hard fought start I was able to retain my 7th position, which I held all the way to the end, only picking up one position (to P6) when a car spun out in front of me.
    20171026214950_1.jpg
    For race 2, it was a hectic start. The car directly in front of my didnt pull away so I had to swing left, collected by an unsuspecting driver, but we both kept on going.
    20171026215216_1.jpg
    After pulling into P5, I ran side by side for half the lap in a battle for P4, which I was victorious in through the final corner.
    20171026215307_1.jpg
    20171026215310_1.jpg
    After getting into P4, the driver in front made a minor error a few laps down the line which promoted me to P3. After keeping on the tail of the leaders, I had a minor slide out of the final turn which dropped me from contention. 20171026215409_1.jpg But a P3 in my first outing. I'm over the moon about that (turns out it took Joe 3 months to get a podium and he raced daily every week :roflmao:)
    20171026215233_1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,420
    What a beautiful disaster for me. In race 1, I forgot the golden rule of car setup and changed it right before the race according to what Steve mentioned. Yeah, not the best idea. I couldn't make the car turn at all, and it got even worse as the tyres started to go. Suffered throughout the race.

Race 2 was not much better - me being my usual bright spark I am, I didn't have my previous setup saved, so I tried to approximate something close to what I remembered. It drove marginally better and definitely was more willing to turn, but still didn't help me much. About halfway through the race, I started to intentionally make the car slide through the corners to get at least some kind of fun out of the race, and I kinda did, but it didn't really help my times either.

Oh well. Thanks for the race, everyone! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +749
    Sorry @Martin Fiala , my setup worked fine for me, but please remember it's a setup for an old bloke like me ;)
    Gotta say cracking races tonight, podium for both races :thumbsup:
    And a big shout for @Abbie, brilliant driving well done :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,420
    @Steve Le Gallez LOL, you have nothing to be sorry about, that's all on me :) But it's interesting, your setups usually work for me fairly well (which is why I decided to go with the settings you suggested), but this time not really :) It obviously worked for you ;) Then again, it might have not been the setup at all in my case, I was driving pretty bad tonight anyway (yeah, what else is new).

And on the more positive side, at least no crashes tonight. Seems kinda rare lately.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +802
    Forgot to wear the gloves in R1, só it just didnt go right...
    Not so on R2, gloves on and drastic setup changes, cambers on Max, rear and front. What a difference. Managed to hold to P4:cool: almost to the final turn. A stupid mistake took to the lawn and P9, but boy, it was FUN. Great battles all the way.
    Congrats to the podium and Thanks everyone for this great moments of racing :thumbsup:
    Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  18. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    I even said just before the race last minute changes are not a good idea:whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,044
    Well, I'm very happy to hear that you all seemed to enjoy the racing last night, good stuff! Anyone going to post a recording this time? ;)