Significant stutter, frame drop when finishing a lap

Hello! While troubleshooting some GPU driver related issues I have made a fresh installation of W10 ver. 2004. In Assetto Corsa when finishing a timed lap I get a huge stutter, frame drop, precisely when crossing the start-finish line with a timed lap. It does not happen in the first outlap but in every subsequent timed lap. I have tried installing on SSD, HDD, different GPU drivers, nothing helped so far. Any ideas? Anybody experienced something like this?

I also have the feeling I am getting less FPS than before. At race starts with 24 cars I am hovering around 60 FPS now, often dropping slightly below.

Specs.:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Sapphire RX 5700 XT
2x8 GB DDR4 RAM @ 2933 MHz
Corsair RM650X

Very likely due to python apps. A lot of them have events triggered by crossing s/f line. Don't need to be onscreen, just enabled, although onscreen ones probably do worse.
This is a new lead, thanks. When I get home the first thing I will do is disable python apps in CM, test it and check back. The introduction of many new mods coincides with my Windows reinstall and the appearance of these problems. IIRC two new python apps have been installed as well, CamTool and an overlay for a mod car (Formula E). Both are enabled in CM but not "active" on the screen.

I really hope this will be it, it's been so frustrating troubleshooting for so long and not finding a solution.

This is a new lead, thanks. When I get home the first thing I will do is disable python apps in CM, test it and check back. The introduction of many new mods coincides with my Windows reinstall and the appearance of these problems.

Same thing has been happening to me I only have sidekick, F1 2000 & F1 2004 Hud for replays, and crew chief I will check if only having one python app enabled while doing a lap before and after the finish line might help I thought it was crazy when this first started happening. I have downloaded quite a lot of new mods including some decent and excellent quality cars and tracks but not many apps just crew chief as well and I'm not sure if that's also the issue. Let me know if you find out as well I would appreciate it. :)

@Stereo @NOBEVKEV Gentlemen, it was CamTool. The reason why I struggled, decided to RMA the GPU and waited for it a month to come back with no issues found (I thought the lost framerate was the result of the prior issues with my GPU). Thanks Stereo for the accurate advice!

No skipping at start/finish, previous testing scenario went from around 60 to around 90-100 FPS.
Nice! I can't imagine why CamTool should have anything triggered by crossing the s/f line though.

Given the general impact it has (you aren't the first to be bitten), it sounds as though it ought to have a rather stronger health warning. I just checked the app page and it seems to imply that only replays are affected.

I’ve had similar issues with stutters at the start/finish. I do think that the replays can play a part since it sets a marker at the beginning of a lap. Based on advice in another thread - I turned down the quality/frequency of the replay recording and it went away.

I also had a jerk of the wheel from Sim Commander 4 (for AccuForce wheels) at the same point from Sim Commander recording telemetry for FFB tuning - which also records/resets at the beginning/end of each lap. It was a one two punch that was really unpleasant :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back