AC Sierra RS500 @ Riverside - Wednesday 16 Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a big wing group N one of these, could not get it insured, struggled to keep it on the road, drank fuel at an amazing rate, rusted away like hell, spent more
time fixing it as I did driving it.
An absolutely fantastic car, really regret selling it, should have kept it. A once in a lifetime car, even had
aero foils built into its wheels to cool the brakes.:)

Why did I sell it:rolleyes:

I had the cosworth, spent a small fortune on her, mint condition ..she was stolen and wrecked, broke my heart.

I wish I could do this race with you guys, this is one of my all time favorite tracks. I used to live not far from it in So Cal.☹. Maybe sometime you will use it again on a Saturday or Sunday, and put some old car combo's together?

I wish I could do this race with you guys, this is one of my all time favorite tracks. I used to live not far from it in So Cal.☹. Maybe sometime you will use it again on a Saturday or Sunday, and put some old car combo's together?

Sadly I doubt that will happen, I host RF2 on a Saturday and Joel hosts AC on a Sunday ...Unless Joel puts a Sunday event up, using this track, but I believe he is into the modern stuff.

I had the cosworth, spent a small fortune on her, mint condition ..she was stolen and wrecked, broke my heart.

That why I could not insure it, the company I was with
said most of the twenty or so Cosworth they had on their books were all stolen, that’s also why they would not even insure me third party fire fire and theft. I even said forget the theft bit, still no go. I cannot remember
now how I got around it all. :)

That why I could not insure it, the company I was with
said most of the twenty or so Cosworth they had on their books were all stolen, that’s also why they would not even insure me third party fire fire and theft. I even said forget the theft bit, still no go. I cannot remember
now how I got around it all. :)
I saw a documentary made by the most famous 3 guys that have a show for cars and they pinpoint this exact issue
P.s. didn't know if i am allowed to advertise them, so didn't say it directly. I am sure you all know those 3.
P.p.s. I have time to race tonight, so put me on the grid

I saw a documentary made by the most famous 3 guys that have a show for cars and they pinpoint this exact issue
P.s. didn't know if i am allowed to advertise them, so didn't say it directly. I am sure you all know those 3.
P.p.s. I have time to race tonight, so put me on the grid
Yeah. sorry. P.P.P.S. disregard the last pps. I can't make it. something changed again and I can't reach in time

This car was iconic in my youth! Never drove it in real life or in AC but I'd love to try it. I also don't know the track and I haven't got time to practice. I will start at the back of the field and learn as I go. A setup would be nice, though.
Please sign me up.

This car was iconic in my youth! Never drove it in real life or in AC but I'd love to try it. I also don't know the track and I haven't got time to practice. I will start at the back of the field and learn as I go. A setup would be nice, though.
Please sign me up.

Agree a setup would be nice, I have tinkered with the default setup to no avail ...welcome aboard m8 ..It does not matter eh, like me you will be onboard for the FUN :thumbsup:

Please sign me up.
Hiya Han, driving standard setup is like trying to ride a Bucking Bronco whilst drinking a hot coffee... it's going to hurt:cautious:.

The setup I've used is slightly less difficult and still very hard to keep it steady on the brakes, attached below if you're feeling brave, my setups aren't too clever:p. I've gone softer with rear anti-roll bar than this (2000 I think) and you might want to experiment with tyres/gearing as always. Have fun:)

Attachments

• Riverside jp v3 low 45s.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 109
Hiya Han, driving standard setup is like trying to ride a Bucking Bronco whilst drinking a hot coffee... it's going to hurt:cautious:.

The setup I've used is slightly less difficult and still very hard to keep it steady on the brakes, attached below if you're feeling brave, my setups aren't too clever:p. I've gone softer with rear anti-roll bar than this (2000 I think) and you might want to experiment with tyres/gearing as always. Have fun:)
Thank you very much, John.

sign me up please

I had a quick practice and here's my setup if anyone wants to try it.

My setup is a lot stiffer than yours @Medilloni I also have a bit more toe and camber. I tried going soft with the suspension and the car became a lot sloppier and it was hard to catch slides. I then went the other way and stiffened everything up and the car handles much better (at least for me YMMV). It's kind of the opposite of what you'd expect from a race car, generally softening up a race car helps with understeer but not in this case.

Also is the second race reverse grid?

Attachments

• riverside RD modified.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 112
Last edited:
sign me up please

My setup is a lot stiffer than yours @Medilloni I also have a bit more toe and camber. I tried going soft with the suspension and the car became a lot sloppier and it was hard to catch slides. I then went the other way and stiffened everything up and the car handles much better (at least for me YMMV). It's kind of the opposite of what you'd expect from a race car, generally softening up a race car helps with understeer but not in this case.
Thanks Jason, will try it asap - hope it's better than mine, have only done 5 clean laps:laugh:

EDIT: Have you got the setup as a .ini file, I can't open .sp - tried saving as .ini but only tyre pressures showed up:O_o:

@
sign me up please

Also is the second race reverse grid?

Yes reverse grid, second race top 5 ...thanks for the setup I will certainly give it a run. I was using a modified version of Johns ..changed spring settings and ARB to lose some of the oversteer ..but it made a great base ..welcome aboard m8 :thumbsup:

Here you go, sorry about that. This is the first time I have tried to post a setup - looks like I grabbed the wrong file. Hopefully, this one works.

If not you could do it manually...

[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=4

[TYRES]
VALUE=0
[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=20

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=21

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=20

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=21

[FUEL]
VALUE=43

[TURBO]
VALUE=10

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-34

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=102

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-34

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=102

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-23

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=140

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-23

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=140

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=3000

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=6100

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=3800

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=6700

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=3000

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=6100

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=3800

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=6700

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=2000

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=4100

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=2500

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=4700

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=2000

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=4100

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=2500

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=4700

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=68

[ENGINE_LIMITER]
VALUE=100

[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=70000

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=15000

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=107

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=0

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=107

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=0

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=67

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=0

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=67

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=0

[CAR]
MODEL=ford_sierra_cosworth_rs500_btcc

Attachments

• riverside RD modified.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 95
Well,, the best way to summarize this race is: Another Han bites the dust.:(
Man, I looked more like a ballerina than a race driver.
But it was a lot of fun. Great combo, @Craig Dunkley but a bit to difficult for me to do without decent practice. Just no talent. Congrats to the podium and thanks to Craig for organising and to Ken Bell for participating so that we could have a few battles together in the back of the field:thumbsup:.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back