Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I tried exactly what you said but the shifting lights never changed on Sidekick still wtf

qZY922f.png

Before I did what you said the power graph was missing completely???

::Edit::

Ok I drove a little and it's working now, but the yellow shift light is coming on too early, during the red lights, do I go higher or lower than 10% to fix?

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what percentage you set, it's just an overall scaling factor.
I think there is no way to improve this, the calculations behind the engine power in-game is rather complex and depends on a no. of factors, many of those CM and/or Sidekick can't access.
So it can only ever be a compromise with Sidekick in this case.

(and also: it can happen that Sidekick provides better shift indication than the in-game shifting lights; IIRC on the SF15-T the shifting lights on the wheel where set too high (well, or the engine power in-game didn't match the real car that well), the result was that you should around the last red LED or 1st/2nd blue LED)

Might be OT, (I use Content Manager) but does anyone know why my Sidekick (SK) app doesnt appear in car even if I have it checked in CM? Been through a couple of CM updates (always on latest) since it disappeared. Initially I also had issues with Map Display and FFBclip not appearing but was able to correct those when I found their .ini files corrupted. Didnt see any .ini for SK.

Might be OT, (I use Content Manager) but does anyone know why my Sidekick (SK) app doesnt appear in car even if I have it checked in CM? Been through a couple of CM updates (always on latest) since it disappeared. Initially I also had issues with Map Display and FFBclip not appearing but was able to correct those when I found their .ini files corrupted. Didnt see any .ini for SK.

I had the exact same issue. (They were still ticked and locked in CM and across multiple pages)

Firstly, I made sure I was on the latest CM release and in my case I did need to update.

Secondly, I reactivated the apps from within the in-game pop-out menu and not CM.

After that everything appeared / worked again and I was able to switch the affected apps on and off again in CM.

Can you activate SK in the app menu while you're in the car?
Nope, it's not showing up there too.

I had the exact same issue. (They were still ticked and locked in CM and across multiple pages)

Firstly, I made sure I was on the latest CM release and in my case I did need to update.

Secondly, I reactivated the apps from within the in-game pop-out menu and not CM.

After that everything appeared / worked again and I was able to switch the affected apps on and off again in CM.
You mean reactivate it in-game with just AC launcher and not using CM? Or in non-VR mode? Because like I mentioned, I don't see SK in the apps pop-out menu.

I added sidekick 1.11.1 to assetto corsa. what appears on the rift is a stip labeled Essentials not Sidekick. It looks nothing like the sidekick or essentials screenshots I have seen. It is ugly too big and has really simple graphics scales for rpm. What have I done wrong?

Hi Topuz.
Thanks for sharing your Sidekick app with us. I have a question regarding ideal tyre pressures and optimum tyre temps on modded car packs. In your release notes you state that the Content Manager could create a .ini file for Sidekick to list those settings. I have tried, but I can't find a way within CM how to do that. I'm currently in a league where we use the RSS GT1 pack, I'm using the Saleen SR7.

Any advice welcomed.
Bjoern

Hi Topuz.
Thanks for sharing your Sidekick app with us. I have a question regarding ideal tyre pressures and optimum tyre temps on modded car packs. In your release notes you state that the Content Manager could create a .ini file for Sidekick to list those settings. I have tried, but I can't find a way within CM how to do that. I'm currently in a league where we use the RSS GT1 pack, I'm using the Saleen SR7.

Any advice welcomed.
Bjoern

It is very simple to do.

Just start a session from within Content Manager with the car you need optimal tire pressure data for Sidekick.

After simply starting the session and going back to CM you will have correct data the next time you start a session.

There is unfortunately no batch function to do this right within CM - you have to take every single car into a session.

Can't for the life of me get the optimal shift lights to work. I use the Ferrari GT2 for testing which has an optimal redline way lower then the max redline but I can't get it working. I deleted the ratios from the sidekick folder and re-tested.

Anyone else having random gibberish being created under gear_ratios? This is the Ferrari GT2 ratio "€]q (G?户 ¬—G?é¹8)#0KG?ê7dˆwK K K K e."

edit: regardless of the gibberish I think I understand the optimal lights a bit better. I'm noticing it changes based on gear especially in a car like the Ferrari GT2 which has you redline it in the first few gears then shifts you earlier in the later gears. I dont know if this effected this mod from working, but I also updated the shaders patch to the latest from v44.

Last edited:
Hey I have a question. When I spectate someone, I lose force feedback and I must leave the race and rejoin. Is there any chance to fix it ?

Hi,
i used the version 1.10.2 without Problems more than a year.
After i installed Windows 10 Pro with Build 1903 new, the Performance ist very bad with sidekick.
The fps falls down from 130 to 70 if i use sidekick. With RaceEssentials is all ok, 130fps.
Then i make a clear installion with 1.11.1 but thats not a solution.
The same problem.
Please, any idea?

Thanks.
It looks loke, the new Build 1903 has a Problem with Window Mode of Games.
If i running AC or rF2 in Windowmode, the performance is also very bad. Only 50-60 fps no more!
Only Fullwindow Rendering is the solution for more than 60 fps.
Maybe a new Mode in Windows with the newest Upgrade.
I'll check the windows runtime libraries today.

Hi there,
When playing in VR i have a setting icon in the top of my screen and I can't seem to remove it.
Is there any way to make this go away without deactivating the app?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%