Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
If what I'm experiencing is working as intended, then I guess that means tyre wear info in Sidekick is completely useless (at least with some tyre/car combinations and you'd need to figure out yourself those that actually provide reasonable info) and there's no point using it as you're much better off using the Kunos app, as it has the tyre wear bar that gives you at least *some* usable info.

(Nothing against Sidekick if it really is so, it's just that I had no idea and also that it seemed to me like it used to work as expected before. I absolutely understand there might be limitations to the data that are available to third party apps that simply can't be worked around or don't have a reasonable solution.)

To me the Sidekick tire information provided works beautifully in races long enough to actually run through an entire tire life.
In the beginning while the tires are cold I have SK usually set to show pressure delta from ideal as it gives me an input at a fast glance if tires are already on expected pressure or not.
Then I will switch over to the tire temp values and keep them at that to actively manage my tires during the race (adjust brake balance, change driving stile, cornering, brake points, etc …), to make sure to use the tires as equal on all four corners as I can to keep them lasting long with consistent lap times, then towards the end of the tire life (or for trouble shooting a strange car behavior during the race) I switch over to the tire wear indicator and just see for a moment how the tires are doing - only to switch back immediately to the tire temp display to continue taking care of the tires.

The Kunos tire app (and any other tire app available) for some strange reason always has halved my FPS (into underivable frame rates).
Sidekick is always VERY gentle on the frame rates (it costs me perhaps 3-4 FPS) and only the recent hiccup I have seen at a single track (Monza) has taught me how much I really depend now on Sidekick (couldn't race without it anymore).

I didn't change any files in the folders. It worked beautifully before (had a few online races in a row at Monza and just two races ago it started to act up).

I thought a reboot would fix the issue (as I am also using ACTI and record telemetry data in all sessions) but when nothing changed to the better in yesterdays race I knew something is amiss.

I will check for the console later on and will test with other cars (I only used the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 when this happened). It does happen also in all sessions (P, Q and R) equally.

On other tracks I have seen no issues at all.

Are there any Kunos files that are track related which Sidekick uses I could delete and re-download with the Steam file check that may cause the issue?

Are there any Sidekick generated files specific to individual tracks I could delete (just the ones for Monza only for a track specific reset without loosing all the other data)?
It's always possible that something somehow ended up corrupted. Try with a different car first, I suspect the problem won't persist. If it works with another car, then probably one of the files Sidekick generates per car is corrupted. In that case, go into Sidekick's folder and do a search for "gt3_cup_2017_monza" and "gt3_cup_2017_ratios" and delete all the results that come up.

P.S. Oh, and maybe zip them up for me before you delete them so I can check what went wrong.

I have tried now with other cars and it really is limited so far to just the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 and Monza.
I didn't see this behavior in any other car track combination so far.
I have sent you a link with the three ini files zipped into an archive.

Could I delete these three files safely without loosing any Sidekick data other than the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 @ Monza?
Would the files be re-generated or would I have to find mint version of them in the installer package?

Thanks ;-)

Great app.
A lot is explained about the shift lights as % of limit and as % of rpm at max power. But I am a bit confused
I was using the app with the wonderful mod Ginetta Supercup which from data should have max power of 355 at 6000 rpm. But neither the dashboard shift lights nor the sidekick ones suggest changing at 6000 rpm.
Can someone suggest settings here?

Great app.
A lot is explained about the shift lights as % of limit and as % of rpm at max power. But I am a bit confused
I was using the app with the wonderful mod Ginetta Supercup which from data should have max power of 355 at 6000 rpm. But neither the dashboard shift lights nor the sidekick ones suggest changing at 6000 rpm.
Can someone suggest settings here?
The 2017 version of the Ginetta should revs much higher than 6000 rpm. You should use the rpm led's or the color change of the gear for up shifting :thumbsup:

I tried an older version (v1.9.1) and brakes temps is working fine.
So, there's a code issue with the v1.11.1 version.

After paste the saved directory of v1.11.1, it's working again !

So, never mind.

Last edited:
I personally don't understand why the author abandoned RaceEssentials App and started this one. The only advantage over RaceEssentials is it's smaller size, and that's it.

- You don't have labels. How do you tell what info is on the screen?
- Cycling information in the same slot is a terrible idea, because you have too look at it for few seconds to see information you need. Forget about driving, just look at the app and wait when your tire temps appear on the screen. Terrible, terrible idea!

I don't like it. Still using the RaceEssentials, which is great!

OK, until recently I used to get brake temperatures when operating the brakes (and tyre temps in the same slot when not operating the brakes), but no more. Have I done something or has a Windows update done something, or am I going slowly mad and they were never there in the first place?

They should still be there, check this:
- use a car that has brake temps simulated (F40, Porsche 935, Porsche 917/30 are some that have it)
- that this functions in options is activated (click on the 3 little lines on the right side of the frame)

They should still be there, check this:
- use a car that has brake temps simulated (F40, Porsche 935, Porsche 917/30 are some that have it)
- that this functions in options is activated (click on the 3 little lines on the right side of the frame)
Ah, thanks. So not all cars simulate brake temperatures? That might be the problem.

It's mainly the vintage road and race cars in AC that have brake temps simulated.
Just as a gut-feeling 1/4 to 1/3 of the cars in AC have the brake temps simulated.

It's mainly the vintage road and race cars in AC that have brake temps simulated.
Just as a gut-feeling 1/4 to 1/3 of the cars in AC have the brake temps simulated.
Mmmmm.. I wonder why all Kunos cars don't have them? Brake temps are pretty important in motorsports.

Most modern race cars don't have issues with overheating temps of the brakes, they are only a bit worse if they are really cold, so it's barely an issue and not worth to implement.

Stock brakes on road cars though would be done after a lap or 2 (unless they are ceramic brakes like on some performance cars), so either you implement and have brakes fail after a few minutes (would be kinda annoying) or the cars have durable brakes (not worth to simulate).

SF70H shift lights are wrong with Sidekick compared to the wheel and kunos graph, how can I fix this since Sidekick isn't being developed anymore right? I opened \apps\python\Sidekick\gear_ratios\ks_ferrari_sf70h_ratios.ini but it's encrypted or something

It's not an issue of Sidekick which only loads the provided engine power graph from AC.
To fix this you need to recalculate the power-graph with Content Manager.

In Content Manager, go to "Content - Cars - Ferrari SF70H", there click on the 3 little dots in the top-right corner of the power graph and choose the 3rd option (recalculate curves using data only). The power loss factor is only a scale, but for us it would just be an estimation. (I think 10% should be roughly in the ball park)
Didn't drive it yet, but it should (roughly) match the steering wheel shifting lights.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%