Side mount brackets the wrong way

I've just assembled my new aluminium profile rig. As it turns out I can't use the full adjustment on the side mount seat brackets. The bottom of the seat rests on the inside of the brackets, so that I can't use the lowermost position at the back. Since I want to tilt the seat further back, my question is...

Is it okay to mount the brackets the wrong way, i.e so that the "L" faces outwards?

I seem to recall that on a real car this is a big no no. On the other hand, it's rather unlikely that I'll crash the rig at high speed.

I've just assembled my new aluminium profile rig. As it turns out I can't use the full adjustment on the side mount seat brackets. The bottom of the seat rests on the inside of the brackets, so that I can't use the lowermost position at the back. Since I want to tilt the seat further back, my question is...

Is it okay to mount the brackets the wrong way, i.e so that the "L" faces outwards?

I seem to recall that on a real car this is a big no no. On the other hand, it's rather unlikely that I'll crash the rig at high speed.
I can't imagine it would be a problem at all. If you manage to have a high speed crash in your rig then you probably have more important things to be worrying about!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back