AC Show yourself thread... get to meet the ppl you race with in AC!

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi guys, i'll also take the time to introduce myself, as i just ran my third AC event ever!

My name's Geert-Jan (34), born and raised in the Netherlands and living there with my wife and 2 kids. For as long a i can remember, i am a true gamer and petrol head. I've started racing on the PS1 with GranTurismo 1 & 2 and MRC (Multi Racing Championship) on the Nintendo 64. Much later i switched to SIM racing with GTR2, with a very cheap plastic fantastic steeringwheel (with integrated shifknob).

After GTR2, several years passed by where i was mostly playing other games, until i got bored with them and bought Project Cars 1 & 2. Especially 2 felt really good and i've played several hours online. Unfortunately the online scene became very inactive and almost no events were organized, so i quit.

As i work at the same firm as Han, i overheard him talking about a race game towards Sander (another colleague and AC racer you've met). I got curious and one thing led to another... i removed the dust from my steering wheel and here we are :D

AC is totally new for me, but i know the basics of racing from PC2. Still, there's a lot to learn but thankfully there's a lot of people here willing to teach!

Now, some pictures:

Me and my 2 kids:

gj.jpg

My "rig":

T150RS Pro with T3PA pedals, attached to my desk. 24" 144Hz AOC gaming monitor on a Acer Predator laptop, with my Steelseries Arctic Pro headset.

rig.jpg

Some of my old cars (there were A LOT more, but i'll just post the mentionable ones):

Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 8v QV 1987

This was my proudest possession, one of only 5 remaining original dutch 33 QV's type 2, with the super rare Zender bumperset (only one in Netherlands). Still regret selling it :(

33 2.jpg
33 1.jpg
33 3.jpg

This was such a fun car, an Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 12v 1993. Totally stock except for the rims. Lovely engine and one of the most reliable (yes, there's the word reliable and Alfa Romeo in one sentence) Alfa Romeo engine ever built.

155 v6.jpg

My beginner car, a mint Alfa Romeo 145 1.4 twinspark 1998. Fun little car, but too heavy for its 105 bhp.

145.jpg

And the current daily driver, a KIA Ceed, because rational (sort of?).

Ceed 1.jpg

Well, thats about it. I have most certainly forgot half of what i wanted to share, but feel free to ask :D

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years