Show us your Rig / Cockpit

I forgot about this being shown back at CES2018. Do you have an in-game image to share, please?
I'll try to post some later. The reviewers on amazon don't have the angles correct, that's why you still the bezels. They have to be at 130 degrees, pretty aggressive. Gave my triples a new life.

Asus bezel free kit on triple 27".
Could you do an in-game shot? I have LG monitors too, ( 3/4" thick with 5/8" bezel ). Would you mind giving your measurements as it might work on mine too? What about your monitor angle? I have mine at 54 degrees. Sorry for too many questions, I am really interested in those kit.

Could you do an in-game shot? I have LG monitors too, ( 3/4" thick with 5/8" bezel ). Would you mind giving your measurements as it might work on mine too? What about your monitor angle? I have mine at 54 degrees. Sorry for too many questions, I am really interested in those kit.
Your monitor sounds fine, it's a universal kit. I've included more pics that shows the mounting pegs that are spring loaded to fit different thickness. My lg's have a very thin bezel, but it doesn't really improve the fit.
20200124_214145.jpg

20200124_214204.jpg

20200124_214821.jpg

20200124_215019.jpg

20200124_214226.jpg

The bezel kit looks amazing! Is there a range of angles that it can work with, or is it optimal at only one or more angles? I hate to think such noteworthy looking technology will become a compromise to achieving the desired FOV specific to each individual rig.

I didn't try out any other angles than the suggested. I assume it'll be little more distorted on the edges if you change the angles. It's like the Fresnel lenses on a VR headset. This is one of the few things that has impressed me in the recent years besides VR.

SIM rig I built for myself last January, loosely based on the 80/20 style rigs but made out of steel tube. Still a work in progress and yes I have issues with cable management right now :D

I also built the pedals. Replacing my G27 setup, next on the list is a DD wheel

View attachment 344412 View attachment 344413 View attachment 344414 View attachment 344415

Very interesting pedal set. How much did it cost to build them. Did you had somekind of cad files or plans how to cut those parts. Would you maybe share how did you made those?

Very interesting pedal set. How much did it cost to build them. Did you had somekind of cad files or plans how to cut those parts. Would you maybe share how did you made those?

I did a simple layout in my CAD program to get the basic pedal design, transferred it over to some cardboard to get an idea (pedal height to foot) if it would work. I'm old-school 2D CAD drawing so it's mostly drawn for my machining setups. Once I was satisfied I laid out the rest, changed the design if required as I was machining the parts in my shop. I have a Lathe & Mill so no outside help was needed. I tired to base the design off raw material that was available at my local hardware store. The clutch concept is my take on a commercial set of pedals, it's so-so. I'm going to try some other ideas on the clutch. I made the pedals individually so I could change them if I came up with a design change.

I'll have a look at what I have in my CAD, I'm sure it would have to be "cleaned up" before sharing as it's mostly just my design layout . . .

Cost I'm going to say was around $250-300 US not counting my labor. I'm happy with how they turned out, saved some money so I can upgrade my wheel :D Course I had to make the new rig so I could mount the pedals, my previous rig had a center wheel stand in the way. My new rig was also based on what material was available at my local hardware store using steel tubing.

Let me also add the SIM community is amazing, I get so much inspiration from seeing what everyone is sharing! As an old guy (59) I wish I could go back in time with all the knowledge that is being shared!

And another boring picture of Sim-Lab P1-X that we probably have like hundreds already in this thread.
Andrew, as fellow P1-X owner I find it quite interesting to see what others did. These rigs are so modular, you will see smaller and even bigger changes from setup to setup. I try to learn from how others tackled a certain problem. :D
Really nice setup btw!

Say, there is a cable sticking out from under your seat, right? I take it you mounted a transducer to the seat shell? If so.....Could you please snap a photo of how you mounted the transducer to the seat and what your thoughts are after doing it this way?
Cheers!

Monitors looks a little too high for my taste... Imho your physical wheel should replace the view of the virtual wheel/dash (physical wheel should take about 30 yo 40% of the bottom half of your monitor). That way you can look straight ahead instead of looking "up," and your eyes up the road being able to see just over the wheel like an f1, lmp, gt3 driver for example. Watching cockpit view of the pros, looks like they can barely see over the wheel, but it looks really kool, I tried to do the same with my sim racing rig.

Regardless! Love your SETUP!

• Deleted member 197115

Andrew, as fellow P1-X owner I find it quite interesting to see what others did. These rigs are so modular, you will see smaller and even bigger changes from setup to setup. I try to learn from how others tackled a certain problem. :D
Really nice setup btw!

Say, there is a cable sticking out from under your seat, right? I take it you mounted a transducer to the seat shell? If so.....Could you please snap a photo of how you mounted the transducer to the seat and what your thoughts are after doing it this way?
Cheers!
That was from RSeat RS1 days, works very well. Aluminum plate with dynamat bolted to the bottom of the seat.
I've got sim-lab buttkicker mounts but probably keep the current setup, and use them for extra transducers if ever decide to add some to the front.

Also need ultra wide screen, 16:9 does not work that well, but as I am mostly (99.9%) in VR, doesn't matter much.

Attachments

• _DSC1078.jpg
    _DSC1078.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 229
  • _DSC1079.jpg
    _DSC1079.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 243
  • _DSC1208.jpg
    _DSC1208.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 243
@Andrew_WOT cheers for sharing! Interesting setup. Do I understand correctly, that the plate the transducers are mounted to is attached to the seat with those 4 bolts and no planar contact between plate and seat? Dynamat to keep resonances in check? Bit confused here.

• Deleted member 197115

@Andrew_WOT cheers for sharing! Interesting setup. Do I understand correctly, that the plate the transducers are mounted to is attached to the seat with those 4 bolts and no planar contact between plate and seat? Dynamat to keep resonances in check? Bit confused here.
Yep. Corbeau seat has bolt mounts at the bottom. Dynamat was indeed to control resonance, it was pretty bad without. You can skip the hassle by going with MDF board, wouldn't be as nice as aluminum though.

Yep. Corbeau seat has bolt mounts at the bottom. Dynamat was indeed to control resonance, it was pretty bad without. You can skip the hassle by going with MDF board, wouldn't be as nice as aluminum though.
Ive read that MDF ( as well as any wood ) wouldnt transfer the vibrations as good as any metal. Im currently trying to plan out my tactile feedback setup and this is what im trying to figure out now. Also, with the transducers so close and on the same plate, can you differentiate which side is vibrating?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%