Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Finished my rig (for now).
Switching to a DD1 a few months ago from a CSW 2.5 I found it a bit too much on the GT Omega Apex I had.

I can't use a hard mounted seat as I have had a back injury so need to constantly adjust my position & I wanted something I can easily pack away in my office
Really pleased with the rock solid feel from extrusion which has made a huge difference to the fidelity on the DD

xTql9Gm.jpg

PraVIBH.jpg

flHVHJi.jpg

Last edited:
I had to add some reinforcement brackets to my Next Level Racing F-GT rig as the tubular steel frame just isn't rigid enough even for my new Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 and V3 inverted pedals.
The support brackets for the pedals have virtually eliminated all flex especially when braking.
The additional vertical support bars for the steering wheel base platform have helped quite a bit but there is still more flex than I would like.

20200519_164404.jpg
20200519_173320.jpg
20200519_171149.jpg
20200519_171142.jpg

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've gone on here. Finally was able to get some updated pictures

Specs:
P1 Cockpit with integrated monitor mount
MOMO Lesmo One
Fanatec DD1
Porsche 911 GT3R Wheel
ClubSport Shifter & Handbrake
Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals
Alienware 3418DW

Simulator Setup-28.jpg
Simulator Setup-30.jpg
Simulator Setup-33.jpg
Simulator Setup-35.jpg
Simulator Setup-39.jpg
Simulator Setup-42.jpg

Attachments

• Simulator Setup-29.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
How do you take such good photos? I had a reflex camera and I give it away to my niece because I wasn't able to take better photos with it than with my cheap compact camera. Now I'm using my cell phone. I think most of the times the problem with my photos has to do with poor illumination.

How do you take such good photos? I had a reflex camera and I give it away to my niece because I wasn't able to take better photos with it than with my cheap compact camera. Now I'm using my cell phone. I think most of the times the problem with my photos has to do with poor illumination.
It’s all about having good lighting
Take these screens from Ceso above they look so nice and clean his lighting is just perfect looks like a studio shoot, poor lighting don’t expect anything fancy.

With a decent smartphone (newer iPhone etc) you can take photos that are 90% the way to a decent camera — but they're more dependant on light. Light is everything in photography.

What is better if I want to take some photos of my cockpit in my room, to open the blinds and let all the light in or to close them completelly and switch on the poweful fluorescent lamps I have on the ceiling? In the first case, is it better to take photos during the morning with indirect light from outside or during the afternoon with direct sunlight? Shoud I always use the flash?

Natural morning light, add curtains if sun is burning too much.

About artificial light, you May need a good array of bulbs to kill most of the shadows

Dont use flash, it is a source of reflections and shadows. White balance, time exposure and a trypod, apart of good light

Natural morning light, add curtains if sun is burning too much.

About artificial light, you May need a good array of bulbs to kill most of the shadows

Dont use flash, it is a source of reflections and shadows. White balance, time exposure and a trypod, apart of good light

Cool. Thanks for the tips. I will remember this next time I had to take some photos.

Hi all, thought I'd share my most recent setup. This is my second 6dof platform, but the first one I've designed and built. It utilizes the PT Actuator PT25, 450mm stroke, 500mm/s actuators, 8020 extruded aluminum upper platform and 315 lbs of steel used in the base. I've been able to achieve over 16" of sway, surge and heave (with about another 8 inches in reserve) and near 30 degrees of roll, pitch and yaw. Thankfully the pedals clear the actuators in even the most extreme movements. Just got it wired up yesterday and using FlyPT Mover along with a Thanos AMC AASD-15A interface. I'm running a 130ST Mige DD wheel, Clubsport Pedals, shifter and e-brake. I don't have the lighthouses up yet, but it will be both VR and triple screen capable.

At full speed, it can throw me a few inches out of my seat on a quick heave movement. Need to get my 4 point harness hooked back up....

20200530_194545 (1).jpg

Still working out a few bugs here and there, but it's coming along.

Here's a video going through some testing ranges:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years