Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Quick question guys, does the sim lab single screen monitor mount work in conjunction with the shelf at the back of the GT1?

I don't think it will looking at this. I use VR so just putting up a small monitor. Wanted to keep the PC at the back of the rig too.

20200108-115143.jpg

Screenshot-20200108-115102-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Also which shifter mount would you recommend, the two are in the pictures. Tilt or fixed?

No, it would not work at the same time if you have the computer there. The single monitor mount attaches to the backside (center) of the wheelbase support bar.

For the shifter definitely the one with tilt, it's not much more, but offer great flexibility.

Thanks guys. I really wanted my PC on the sim shelf above the pedals and out of the way. I have this PC Case and it should fit nicely, well a 10cm over hang but its only on the long feet now which i can drill and bolt into the shelf. https://www.ebuyer.com/843785-therm...ed-glass-atx-ti-edition-case-ca-1e7-00m9wn-00

I think i might just get this universal mounting plate https://sim-lab.eu/product/vesa-universal-plate/ and weld up some mounting brackets which are slim and strong and mount across or down to the frame.

Thanks guys. I really wanted my PC on the sim shelf above the pedals and out of the way.
I would have big reservations about putting my PC on a shelf high up on a rig like that. Maybe the Sim labs rig is super solid but I don't see how vibrations won't make their way to the case, which could cause problems with hard drives and connectors.

A big sudden movement or misplaced cable could drag the whole computer off the shelf. I'd much rather have the PC on the ground and not in contact with the rig at all.

I would have big reservations about putting my PC on a shelf high up on a rig like that. Maybe the Sim labs rig is super solid but I don't see how vibrations won't make their way to the case, which could cause problems with hard drives and connectors.

A big sudden movement or misplaced cable could drag the whole computer off the shelf. I'd much rather have the PC on the ground and not in contact with the rig at all.

I see you point. As said I think i could bolt it down. Or just have it on the side of the rig adjacent to the pedals. I didn't want it on the floor as its on carpet and gets a bit dusty. Need to decide what to do and order my rig.

I see you point. As said I think i could bolt it down. Or just have it on the side of the rig adjacent to the pedals. I didn't want it on the floor as its on carpet and gets a bit dusty. Need to decide what to do and order my rig.
You could make a little box to raise it up a bit, but I wouldn't have it touching the rig to reduce vibrations.

Question guys, I ordered the Sim lab fanatec shifter tilt mount, does it come with the slot nuts for mounting into the side of the shifter?

Question guys, I ordered the Sim lab fanatec shifter tilt mount, does it come with the slot nuts for mounting into the side of the shifter?
All the accessories I bought from SimLab came with their own little bag of bolts, nuts, etc. And plenty of them. So I guess you should be fine.

I used the Fanatec slot nuts and purchased some fitting hardware (bolts and spacers) from a hardware store. M5x15mm most likely. Bolts definitely did not come with the shifter mount.

Cheers guys, I only have the screw/bolts that go into the bottom of the shifter so no slot nuts. Hopefully the shifter mount comes with all i need.

Cheers guys, I only have the screw/bolts that go into the bottom of the shifter so no slot nuts. Hopefully the shifter mount comes with all i need.
It might be worth emailing Sim-Lab if your mount is not on his way yet: they are always very helpful and fast to react if needed. They'll tell you if you need anything extra and might be able to add to your parcel before it leaves.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 281 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%