Show us your Rig / Cockpit

20190807_210400-2016x1134-jpg.319166
That looks like a comfortable seat...mind you do not fall a sleep while racing:D...lol....great set up:thumbsup:

Mine is pretty old. How old? Well, I got the CSR Elite wheel and Clubsport pedals circa 2012, and I built the rig at the same time...

pfEbxMg.jpg

I am thinking of building a new rig, either fabricating out of box aluminum or 2020, and getting a CSW 2.5v and the formula rim V2

Thoughts?

Mine is pretty old. How old? Well, I got the CSR Elite wheel and Clubsport pedals circa 2012, and I built the rig at the same time...

pfEbxMg.jpg

I am thinking of building a new rig, either fabricating out of box aluminum or 2020, and getting a CSW 2.5v and the formula rim V2

Thoughts?
Do it the V 2.5 is amazing. And a profile rig will allow you do whatever you want design wise .

A bit difficult to get a full proper rig in an NYC apartment but here it is.

- Intel I-7700k at 4.8Ghz with the de-lid mod
- Gigabyte Z270 motherboard
- 32gb G Skill memory
- PNY GTX 1060 6gb
- Evga 850w psu
- 2x Samsung 500gb NVME
- 1x PNY 128gb SSD
- 1x WD 1.5tb HDD
- 3x Asus VG248QE monitors
- Fanatec CSW 2.5 base
- Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel
- Fanatec CSL Elite pedals
- Logitech Z623 speakers
IMG_20190817_132752.jpg
IMG_20190817_132731.jpg

Bloody hell, I just came across these photos of my old DIY flat-pack wheel table from 2006, built for my MS Xbox 360 FFB wheel. Good times! This thing could be set up/packed away in a couple of minutes.
Apologies for the permanent photobucket watermarks from that crappy hosting site.

View attachment 320946 View attachment 320947
That's pretty ingenious :thumbsup:

I too did start simracing around 2006, with a non-FFB MS Sidewinder :p (which still lives inside my shifter to these days)

That's pretty ingenious :thumbsup:

I too did start simracing around 2006, with a non-FFB MS Sidewinder :p (which still lives inside my shifter to these days)
Thanks, lol. I knew those two industrial design degrees would come in handy one day.
I was thinking of patenting the pedal deck fore-aft adjustment mechanism but luckily I sobered up just in time.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and also quite enthusiastic about building and improving my sim rig. I want to introduce myself by showing my rig and my future plans.

15666703092941139379599233123855.jpg
15666703568741242416980368570671.jpg
15666703896891362380253122274142.jpg
1566670432087860192966333982590.jpg
15666707460068110433559886781142.jpg

The frame is an aluminium rig, designed with maycad and ordered at motedis. I used the wheel bracket from simlab.
The gear is a tm t500 with an f1 add-on and t3pa pro pedals with a brake performance kit.
The screen is 88", projected from a 4K benq w1700.

I mainly race f1 2019 on the PS4 because I got 11 of my real life friends that do the same, which I am very grateful for. However, I will be purchasing a PC on short notice as well, though I am reluctant to do I-racing due to the costs. But will see In the future.

My future modifications to the rig shall be purely based on becoming faster. Immersion for me is secondary to performance.

My major driving handicaps at the moment are
1. inconsistent braking where I tend to lock up.
2. Traction loss on throttle (no assist f1 2019)
3. Just general slow (only race pace) because I take it safe and easy due to a lack of confidence (because of above).

For item 1, I think I need to have different pedals with load cell. So preferably I want to have the heusinkveld sprints. However, because I am not willing to give the ps4 up yet and the heusinkvelds are not compatible with ps4 (so I have heard), I am forced to go for the fanatec v3's I think. In that case I will probably also buy the ps4 podium dd in one go.

For item 2. I don't know how to solve that. I was thinking about adding maybe some bass shakers as indicators for rear traction loss but I don't know if that exists or can help me. Any advise would be much appreciated.

For item 3. I know, i know. Practise and maybe some telemetry comparisons.

For the PC purchase. I don't know the hardware requirements yet. Does someone maybe have a link for me to some recommendations about hardware requirements? I'd like the hardware to be ready for either 3x 144 triples and/or a next gen vr. Such as the valve index. Also it needs to be ready for potential bass shakers so will need some additional audio ports I think. Any suggestions maybe?

• Deleted member 611728

In my opinion all of these problems can be easily fix with proper ergonomic of your rig.

First of off all measure the height of your pedal heel rest and your seat. In GT racing position your butt and heels should be at roughly the same height (from floor). In F1 position heels are higher, but you don't have a F1 seat so this might hard to achieve and not necessary comfortable.

The angle of your pedals should be adjusted as follows: the higher your butt is relative to heels the more angle you need, so for example in GT position pedals should be at roughly right angle to the floor.

And there's a aspect of inverting a pedals. It looks cool but often just doesn't make sense. In my opinion you should only invert your pedals if:
1) the distance between the heel rest and middle of brake pedal pad is lower than around 18cm (it can be 1-2cm higher or lower but that depends how big your feet are or if you race with shoes or not)
or
2) pedals don't have angle adjustment and it's difficult to mount them to rig at desired angle.
Other than that it just does not work. I've been there, done that.

I wish I knew it before, because I spend a lot of time and money on rigs to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure about that, swapping from non-load cell to load cell pedals and then CSP V3 to Heusinkveld Pro’s all improved my consistency because each one gave me more control and better feel.

The brake felt more realistic which meant I didn’t have to think about it, I’d just feel it and the throttle spring was much stronger which gave me more fine control.

I like your rig (that projector display must be really inmersive), but your pedals look very wrong. Forget about inverting them. Most racing cars don't have them inverted. Go for the Fanatec Clubsport V3. I've owned them (stock) and they are excellent. They can be adjusted in some ways so you will not need even to angle the pedal deck. Now I own the Sprints and, believe me, the difference is minimum. Considering the price, the Fanatecs are a much more reasonable option. As regard bass shakers, they are a must-have addon that will make your experience more inmersive and enjoyable. They are not very expensive and setting them up is quite easy. I have 4 shakers, all screwed to my bucket seat and controlled with Sim Commander 4.

Thank you all for your opinions. Appreciate it a lot. You guys see things that I did not even think about.

I will get the pedals of and invert them to normal. Also I will raise the pedal tray such that my heels will be on the same height as my butt. However, there is mention of "GT position". Is the reason to go for a "GT position" purely because of immersion or simulating that you are in a race car or does it actually have benefits on braking performance?

In the meantime I have also learned that the heusinkvelds may work on the ps4 via a emulator. But v3's are I think on top of my list now.

Thanks again for the helpful replies!

Thank you all for your opinions. Appreciate it a lot. You guys see things that I did not even think about.

I will get the pedals of and invert them to normal. Also I will raise the pedal tray such that my heels will be on the same height as my butt. However, there is mention of "GT position". Is the reason to go for a "GT position" purely because of immersion or simulating that you are in a race car or does it actually have benefits on braking performance?

In the meantime I have also learned that the heusinkvelds may work on the ps4 via a emulator. But v3's are I think on top of my list now.

Thanks again for the helpful replies!

I find a gt position a lot more comfortable and certainly much easier with heavy load cell brakes as you are in a much better position to apply force to them. My heels are more or less the same position as my butt give or take 1". It helps me as well, to have the bucket seat at an angle such that I have support under my thighs. Dont be afraid to really change the angle of your seat to see what it's like.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back