Show us your Rig / Cockpit

View attachment 297657 View attachment 297659
My temporary plan:
The monitor is hung on the fish tank with lace, toilet paper suspension , feeling very good, my first wheel, childhood dreams come true.
Sorry, my English is not good.
As someone who's had a tropical fish tank fail with catastrophic results many years ago, the proximity of yours to your rig - and the fact your monitor is hung from the tank itself - is keeping me awake at night.

Whoa a real fish screen saver!! That is cool.
Here's my simplistic wood creation.
IMG_20190326_070257.jpg

Pedals have been upgraded to Fanatec LC, built using 4x4s with steel reinforcement underneath to handle a DD soon.

As someone who's had a tropical fish tank fail with catastrophic results many years ago, the proximity of yours to your rig - and the fact your monitor is hung from the tank itself - is keeping me awake at night.
DSC_0252.JPG
My fish is safe now, thank you

20190407_142646_resized.jpg
Vintage GT Omega frame that started off as a wheel stand many years ago. Which was slowly upgraded and had to be reinforced once DD was introduced.

Foot print is actually very small given that I am a condo dweller.

The ECCI pedals I've had for ~10 years now. I've upgraded them to the pressure modulated braking system some years ago, along with throwing them on the 12bit DSD controller, but it is the best purchase I've ever made in terms of sim equipment so far. It doesn't have a fancy feeling clutch :( but I can live with that.

Attachments

• rig_2.png
    rig_2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 329
Last edited:
The 'rig' in the 'mancave'. Many hours building but pretty much happy (have to be really as its completely emptied my bank account and some).

Rig is:
DIY design motedis ordered extruded aluminium integrated triple monitor stand and mouse tables (those were ordered from are Monstertech. Upgraded over several months.
Turn R1 wheel on a Sim Racing Coach button box with custom screw in DIN usb cable.
Simplicity OSW 20nm, small mige, mounted upside down to the rig for more leg room.
Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals, ended up with these as everything else I've tried was just far too weak. Even the white rubbers were collapsing on me, have to run the green ones.
MK Sportcars low sided GRP seat in red, stiff enough for brake pedal forces, plus feels like an open top car getting in and out, plus good for getting sweaty, very comfortable.
3x Acer Predator Z301c monitors @200hz 180 degree FOV
Massive fan required as my body gets ripped apart going and out of every corner.

Various other bits for flight sim and gaming, though its 100% sim racing at the moment.

Rig will allow a more extreme F1 position with the tall channels for the pedal deck, but need to work out how to push the mige motor back, or a longer shaft on the wheel to get the knees up higher.

Kinda obsessively geeky but absolutely loving it.

IMG_20190419_095656.jpg
IMG_20190419_095231.jpg
IMG_20190419_095852.jpg
IMG_20190419_095753.jpg
IMG_20190419_095737.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back