Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Dave how did you mount that Samsung monitor? I am considering it too, but what scares me a little bit, that it doesn´t have a VESA mount.

It comes with a bracket for wall mounting. The vesa mount from Sim-lab bolts right to that bracket. I'll try to remember to get a pic of it tonight.

It would be great, thanks a lot.

Maybe these give you an idea:
45556127624_4681798480_k.jpg

45556127614_5dec229d9d_k.jpg

Ok here's some pics of my current FoV in just about all the sims. iRacing, AMS and rF2 I'm really happy with but the others I'm going to adjust further even though they are setup 'accurately' according to the site I posted above.
AC:
31208886257_e1b3474c59_k.jpg

ACC:
45424357914_2fa69e9df7_k.jpg

Automobilista:
44331321920_881033259c_k.jpg

iRacing:
31208887047_d8e9a2595b_k.jpg

rF2:
45424357824_6ffd1d61a5_k.jpg

Raceroom:
46147934181_5efed8c817_k.jpg

Wreckfest :D
46147934271_ef27c146d0_k.jpg

I've since turned the vignetting off. Made a nice difference.

Forgot about Kartkraft but it's hard to get accurate as I like to see the front wheels of the kart for whatever reason.
That is a cool setup. Love the screen. Awesome rig mate

Maybe these give you an idea:
45556127624_4681798480_k.jpg

45556127614_5dec229d9d_k.jpg
Great, thanks a lot Dave..in the end, it showed, that this Samsung has a VESA mount option, which leads me closer and closer to want to buy one of these monitor..are you using nVidia GPU? Shame, that it doesn't have a G-sync, without it, I am worrying a little bit about screen-tearing.

The Way Back Machine.
Last winter I decided to resurrect my Grand Prix Legends system after being away from sim racing for more than a decade. I say "system" because I have three computers I built specifically running GPL with three monitors.

Some setups from back in the day.
Logitech wheel and Act Labs rudder pedals. 21" center and 19" side monitors.

KO
I remember this from like 2001! I was totally blown away and dreamed of recreating this setup. I had a video of you playing it saved

As I posted in separate thread, I have a new steering wheel, flat, 33 cm and with a lot of inspiration from modern WRC thanks to the front button box, made in 3D printing and lexan, covered with carbon fibre vinyl. Since I no longer needed now my old independent button box, I removed and put it on sale. The free room was shared by a small wireless mouse and a USB fan, which is a must here in the south of Spain, at least from May to September. I also made a switch for it, which looks cool and is easy to reach.

rally-stw4.jpg

fan.jpg

Great, thanks a lot Dave..in the end, it showed, that this Samsung has a VESA mount option, which leads me closer and closer to want to buy one of these monitor..are you using nVidia GPU? Shame, that it doesn't have a G-sync, without it, I am worrying a little bit about screen-tearing.

Not that it's necessary but here's how I reinforced mine with a quick fix:
20181227_133237.jpg

20180214_143459_resized.jpg
20180214_143544_resized.jpg

Last edited:

I have Nvidia 27 inch G-sync predator and this Samsung 49 inch monitor.
I don't miss G-sync that much because with a 980ti and this Samsung monitor I can keep frames above 100fps in all racing games without compromising alot of quality and that also results in pretty much no tearing awareness.
I use the predator G-sync mainly for games where I want to enjoy Graphics in their Max settings, fortunately current racing game titles maintain great visuals without maxing out. Also while competing, you need mainly frames, defenition and low input lag which are fully delivered by this Samsung monitor. It's a no brainer for simracing IMO.
I had all the equipment VR, triples and 4kTV and would only buy VR again if it was worth it in terms of crisp clear image.
Even with perfect VR I would never discard the monitor cause VR can be dangerous if you are home alone. You are so dragged away from real world in a way that you can put yourself in danger in case of fire or any other kind of hazards.
I can only use VR with someone at home and that is often very anti social so for me it's really a gimmick in the end.

Last edited:
My setup at the moment.

Recently, I bought a GT1 Evo. Coming from a wooden self built rig, this is soooo much better.
At that time, still rolling my old trusty G27. That died a few weeks after that, so I bought an Augury OSW.

Still rolling my G27 pedals, with some rubber updates from 3DRap. Converted the stock TM TX wheel from my brother (who's left from me at the room) to use it on the OSW, for now.

There are 2 main concerns however. I'm using a regular, non gaming screen now, but I'm on the lookout for an upgrade, or VR, or triples, or a nice ultrawide screen.

The other concern is cable managment. I like to keep as many things out of sight, so I'll try to keep cable visibility to a minimum. However, the OSW cables are my biggest issue.

Is there a company who sells them shorter? Anyone tried to shorten them? I have the control box behind the screen, it's placed on the 'simshelf' from Sim Lab.

Upgrades like pedals and wheel/shifter are also in my mind.. :)

Et6N0PB.jpg

LaBLe, very nice sets of rigs. If you don't mind me asking what pedals are those and where did you get them?

I bought the Pedal box from OBP motorsport.
I designed and created the brake sylinders and part of the gas pedal mekanism myself.
Gas pedal uses a DIY magnetic hall sensor and the brake a 200kg loadcell with rubber fibroelast as resistance.
Clutch will use å 50kg loadcell and is still on the designboard.
The electronic box is today 3d printed but will be made in Alu later on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back