Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Upgraded from my PVC Logitech G27 rig to this rseat n1, AccuForce V2, HPP Sim Pedals, and Pro-Sim shifter. Unfortunately, the seat slider in the N1 doesn't hold under braking force needed with the load cell brake so that's what the wooden wedge is doing behind the seat. I've tried to contact rseat about this, but they haven't responded yet.

Did this make me faster? Absolutely -- the DD wheel is much more precise than the G27 wheel so I can put the car where I want it. Of course the brake pedal is much easier to modulate. Cut a full second off a 1:23 lap where I have lots of laps in one make of car.

I had used SimVibe on the PVC rig so I am a fan of SimCommander 4. This rig also has four ButtKicker mini LFEs and two Behringer amps. Being able to customize the FFB of the wheel is why I chose the AccuForce instead of the Fanatec.

Next upgrade will be to fabricate a custom shifter mount -- or at least fabricate a metal interposer between the Pro-Sim shifter and the rseat shifter mounting plate.

Expensive stuff, but I still have money left over after selling my race trailer, wheels, tires, spares, chassis setup tools, etc, so it's all a matter of perspective.

Small (2).jpg
Small (3).jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone Newbie question, please be patient :)
Im a huge car/racing fan. I race on race tracks in California, 1-2 times a mont, and I am looking to get more seat time and compete in sim racing. In terms of sim racing humbly, i have to say i do not really know anything, and I am willing to learn from people who do.
I am looking for recommendations on what I would need to get started in sim racing, that being- PC,PS4 or XBOX?
What games?
What hardware is best ? CPU, bases, VR vs non VR, Pedal, steering, etc. ( I currently do own an xbox )
I appreciate the help. Hoping the sim community is as welcoming and willing to help a newbie as was the real circuit.
Thanks for the help in advance. Looking forward to your responses.

@eddybro budget will have everything to do with recommendations. Can you provide a breakdown of what your looking to spend as hardware varies greatly.

Upgraded from my PVC Logitech G27 rig to this rseat n1, AccuForce V2, HPP Sim Pedals, and Pro-Sim shifter. Unfortunately, the seat slider in the N1 doesn't hold under braking force needed with the load cell brake so that's what the wooden wedge is doing behind the seat. I've tried to contact rseat about this, but they haven't responded yet.

Did this make me faster? Absolutely -- the DD wheel is much more precise than the G27 wheel so I can put the car where I want it. Of course the brake pedal is much easier to modulate. Cut a full second off a 1:23 lap where I have lots of laps in one make of car.

I had used SimVibe on the PVC rig so I am a fan of SimCommander 4. This rig also has four ButtKicker mini LFEs and two Behringer amps. Being able to customize the FFB of the wheel is why I chose the AccuForce instead of the Fanatec.

Next upgrade with be to fabricate a custom shifter mount -- or at least fabricate a metal interposer between the Pro-Sim shifter and the rseat shifter mounting plate.

Expensive stuff, but I still have money left over after selling my race trailer, wheels, tires, spares, chassis setup tools, etc, so it's all a matter of perspective.

View attachment 277922 View attachment 277923
Well done brings tears of happiness to my eyes

Im a huge car/racing fan. I race on race tracks in California, 1-2 times a mont, and I am looking to get more seat time and compete in sim racing. In terms of sim racing humbly, i have to say i do not really know anything, and I am willing to learn from people who do.
I am looking for recommendations on what I would need to get started in sim racing, that being- PC,PS4 or XBOX?
What games?
What hardware is best ? CPU, bases, VR vs non VR, Pedal, steering, etc. ( I currently do own an xbox )
I appreciate the help. Hoping the sim community is as welcoming and willing to help a newbie as was the real circuit.
Pc to start with so much more you can do.
Your main 3 brands would be
Logitech
Thrustmaster
Fanatec.
In most cases thats the stepping stone ,all are good, all have faults it depends how far you want to go. After that its really another whole world with high end stuff.
Watch and read as much as you can on reviews ect.
Not knowing your budget perhaps buy a second hand set of equipment give it a go.
If you think its something you going to be in for the long time thats when you can plan out and build with the higher end stuff.
It really comes down to how far you want to go and budget.

What games?
While you could technically get into sim racing on xbox, assetto corsa is available, and most consumer wheels will basically work on consoles, it's a bit of a dead end. It's like using a screw driver to butter bread, it's possible but there are better ways.

A PC would make everything possible.

If you have to buy a PC there's going to be lot of cost involved. If you want to do VR, your going to need a really good PC. Which could cost upwards of €1000 because you need all the bits like keyboard, monitor, mouse.. You can get a basic set of wheel and pedals for less than €300.

If you have money to burn you could spend thousands, really high end gear can costs thousands.

Sim racing is more like a hobby than a game. As with other hobbies like say, golf, there's no end to what you can spend your money on and none of it really makes you better.

Seeing as your already racing and aren't starting from scratch you might like to jump past the basic equipment, although that's hard to commit to if you have no experience with sim racing.

What games?
1. PC master race, there is no alternative, "Consoles are for filthy casuals..."
As far as games (software) are concerned there isn't that much of a choice as hardware wise: The usual suspects would be Assetto Corsa (1&2), Project Cars (1&2), Dirt Rally, iRacing, some F1s by Codemaster (AC and PC also have F1 cars though)
2. Depending on your skills in electronics/mechanics/general craftsmanship you can build a lot of the stuff yourself, get good results and save a lot of money that you can spend on the other stuff that one cannot build at home (i.e. FFB wheel, triple monitors, GPU etc) With Wotever's Simhub software, a couple Arduinos ~18$, a few cables, P-Clips, body shakers ~10$, a motorshield ~6$, a few excentric motors (search for 5V vibration motors on ebay) a medium range thrustmaster wheel and pedals ~140-250$ and a frame and seat you can go pretty far. Just ask if you can't find something, but google is your friend...
There's good tutorial here and on Github...btw here's my current build project:
62kgmru8.jpg

Thanks everybody for posting your fantastic simracing rig

I apply for one of the most basic rig around :laugh:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kil1c121u3v3m6/DSC_0475_1.JPG?dl=0

It is very simple, but this small fabric seat is very comfortable.

I will use it until I built my new simracin pc and purchase something more "professional " (After reading and showing videos, I would be tempted by a RSeat RS1)

if i was you id go with the simetik rig almost impossible to brake

Next upgrade with be to fabricate a custom shifter mount -- or at least fabricate a metal interposer between the Pro-Sim shifter and the rseat shifter mounting plate.

View attachment 277922 View attachment 277923

Holy S... you have a Quaife? Whats it like? Worth the money???

Here's what I currently have in the living room...

But this is what I'm planning currently to replace it with:

The plan is to use Channel Strut material and fixtures to get it all put together.

This new setup is so I can:
  • Get a much steadier racing platform. The Wheelstand Pro is okay, but it sometimes will go loose if I'm white knuckling it during a race, and I always have problems keeping it snug against the table.
  • Maintain the distance from the 65" display.
  • Still get to use my fancy office chair (and have an easy way to move it in and out).
  • Create a really easy way to tilt the wheel out of the way so I can lay on the couch and watch movies without having to look around the wheel. I can do this right now with the Wheelstand Pro, but shifting the wheel up and down is part of the reason the wheel sometimes comes loose during races!
Anyone got any better ideas on how to accomplish all this? Or should I head to the hardware store to pick up a bunch of strut metal and a hack saw? :D

Holy S... you have a Quaife? Whats it like? Worth the money???
With the G27, I would miss shifts and not know why. Maybe I was releasing the clutch too early per the sim but not according to the muscle memory from my track car. With the Pro-Sim Quaife and the HPP Simulation digressive clutch, that hasn't happened once. So this setup mimics the real life experience better.

Is it worth the money? That's a matter of perspective. What do you want for your money? Faster lap times? Then no. Better duplication of real on track experience, then yes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 227 13.9%