Show us your Rig / Cockpit

unnamed.jpg

unnamed_1.jpg

unnamed_2.jpg

And new wheel soon:
unnamed_3.jpg

My Rig: rSeat N1 + 3x40" Samsung KU6400 screens + Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 16GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 + HE Pro Pedals + OSW 20NM Direct Drive + Custom MOMO Open Cut Wheel with carbon paddles and buttons

Last edited:
Chris - Can you take me a pic from eye line when in the chair - love that dash display and might fit a similar one to my rig, wanted to see how you have it lined up when in game... cheers! :)

Has anyone fitted butt kickers/bass shakers to a Simetik K2 cockpit?
I have bought a couple of cheapish units to try, with the intention to upgrade if I like them:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LQAHPE

Rather than start drilling random holes I was wondering if anyone had already fitted shakers to a K2..

In case it helps the rig also has Fanatec V3 non-inverted pedals (that I inverted myself..) and an OSW.
Possible options I thought of are:
- the side rails under near the seat
- under the steering wheel mount plate
- on the pedal plate (that would be where the heel goes normally but since mine are upside down that is an almost vertical flat plate above the pedals with nothing touching it)
Sorry of this is off topic, will remove if requested :o

I would say that the best place would be R and L under the seat area.

In my experience, pedal mounted shakers wouldn't be as effective - I can barely feel my Fanatec pedal shakers, and a much more powerful feedback comes from the buttkicker mounted under my seat...

I would say that the best place would be R and L under the seat area.

In my experience, pedal mounted shakers wouldn't be as effective - I can barely feel my Fanatec pedal shakers, and a much more powerful feedback comes from the buttkicker mounted under my seat...

In fairness those vibration motors on the Fanatec pedals are pretty useless. Under the seat is the best placement indeed. That said I've got a transducer set under my pedals and not the seat as I have a motion seat so don't feel the need for the effect on the seat. With a decent transducer under the pedals works great as theirs no cushioning dampening the vibrations as with the seat.

I have a SimLabs rig, and due to the inherent material stiffness of the base - I can also feel the transducer vibrations (mounted just behind my seat) in both the shifter mount and the pedal deck ! :p

In fact I was wondering what was rattling last night when in VR - I lifted the goggles to find the gear knob had loosened !

Agreed though the fanatec rumble motors are pretty lost and weak, especially when larger forces become involved.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes I agree the Fanatec pedal vibration motors are useless, I can never feel them either.
I assumed that it's just because they aren't generating enough force, rather than being inherently bad placement.
Since I have 2 shakes, I was thinking one each for front/rear.
Rear near the seat seems sensible, so for the front one not sure hence thinking about the pedal area (plus it's a nice flat metal plate to mount on)

IMG_20180831_130333_686.jpg

Just starting this simRacing thingy...
-Thrusty one fiddy
-2x 100W bass shakers seat (left and right spatialization mode) on HarmanKardon Amp
-triple monitors or VR (I for one prefer trips for racing, less chance of headache/vomiting) :roflmao:

Next step is rumble pedals via arduino, do you guys have suggestions?

I really enjoy looking at rigs, esp. self planned and built ones :inlove:

IMG_20180831_130333_686.jpg

Just starting this simRacing thingy...
-Thrusty one fiddy
-2x 100W bass shakers seat (left and right spatialization mode) on HarmanKardon Amp
-triple monitors or VR (I for one prefer trips for racing, less chance of headache/vomiting) :roflmao:

Next step is rumble pedals via arduino, do you guys have suggestions?

I really enjoy looking at rigs, esp. self planned and built ones :inlove:
What stops your chair rolling around when operating the pedals?

Hi Mascot,
I can see where you're coming from, but the sheer weight of the 90's office chair made in germany of I'd say 85% metal (rather iron than alu) (also better at transferring the vibration than my other (more modern and in all better chair) and the carpet itself is also keeping it from rolling. Still, I'm upgrading to something like this soon. Do you have any suggestions, what I could do after attaching arduino rumblers to the pedals, what are your personal setup and planned upgrades? I like trying out stuff and building things :)

Mascot
I suggest the steel wire that is attached to the table, and then just goes at the back side of a chair's air piston. That works just fine.
Thanks, but I've got a fixed cockpit so don't have this problem. I was wondering how people with chairs on castors manage to operate pedals without sliding around. When I had a semi-permanent setup many years ago the slightest movement in the pedal base or chair would feel horrendous.

Thanks, but I've got a fixed cockpit so don't have this problem. I was wondering how people with chairs on castors manage to operate pedals without sliding around. When I had a semi-permanent setup many years ago the slightest movement in the pedal base or chair would feel horrendous.

When I had a wheel stand and office chair I used my bed to stop me from rolling back, lol, I don’t miss those days. :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%