Show us your Rig / Cockpit

A few Improvements to my rig over the past few months (I know, I have poor cable management :():

1) following advice from another GT Omega wheel stand user, I tried eliminating the wobble/flex inherent to their wheel stand design using 2 steel bars with great success (didn’t even need to drill any holes!). It’s not 80/20 rigid but it’s pretty close; I only notice a TINY amount of lateral flex in only the most sudden, intense movements. No tools to cut steel so I'll have to take it somewhere to trim down the ends later. I got really lucky that side bar mounted at just the right angle to fit between the monitor stand and the monitor!
UzzZ6kK.jpg

SeQXyC6.jpg

Up6DL1I.jpg

2) Removed the original wheel deck and replaced it with some 80/20 to allow me to slide the wheel back and forth independent from the height of the wheel and the distance to the pedals (not possible in the original design). Crucial for getting the most comfortable distance for both arms-to-wheel and feet-to-pedals.
KhRKQg6.jpg

UNlzWkU.jpg

3) Really wanted a round wheel with no paddles for H-shifter cars and for drifting, but don’t have money to buy Fanatec’s universal hub + Steering wheel, so I removed the paddles from my Porsche 918 wheel...most the cars I drive with paddle shifting use a F1/GTE style rim anyways, so the McLaren rim fills that need nicely.
v1JvloK.jpg

G5UoHBm.jpg

My last upgrade, whenever I can afford it, would be to dump that G27 shifter for the Fanatec shifter and handbrake and I'll be all set...unless someone wants to gift me some Heusinkveld pedals and/or a Fanatec DD2 :D

Nice, and it looks like you might have the same seat and racing shoes, I approve. :D

It's SimLabs, but mine is a GT1, yours looks with the higher profile to be a P1 ? Like that pedal adjustment, although the GT1 is so solid, I can literally jump up and down on the pedal deck brackets!

Same wheel base and pedals too by the look of them. I had to buy shoes as I raced in socks, but after getting the pedal pre-load to where I could brake from memory, my foot started to hurt in real life lol!

This lot is my fourth (and final) rig in probably a year, and even with a patient wife, it's gotta do a while. I am looking at a motion setup to add to it though - off to the sim expo at the Nurburgring next month to check them out. Oh and a DD wheel potentially too. But don't tell the wife.

It's SimLabs, but mine is a GT1, yours looks with the higher profile to be a P1 ? Like that pedal adjustment, although the GT1 is so solid, I can literally jump up and down on the pedal deck brackets!

Same wheel base and pedals too by the look of them. I had to buy shoes as I raced in socks, but after getting the pedal pre-load to where I could brake from memory, my foot started to hurt in real life lol!

This lot is my fourth (and final) rig in probably a year, and even with a patient wife, it's gotta do a while. I am looking at a motion setup to add to it though - off to the sim expo at the Nurburgring next month to check them out. Oh and a DD wheel potentially too. But don't tell the wife.

Yes it’s the Sim Labs P1, I thought that was the GT1 you had, it was a toss up between them for me but I needed the extra height and thought I might as well go for it anyway. :whistling:

Forth rig in a year? Wow, she is patient, lol, why so many in such a short time? Just issues with each one? The aluminium profile rigs are great, very flexible and sturdy and you can buy lots of other extra bits and pieces to make it even more customisable, this is my first rig ever after putting up with a crap wheel stand for years, mine will probably be the only rig I will need so thought I might as well go big and get something I will be happy with. Still making minor adjustments, getting the pedals just so is the main thing.

The pedal deck adjustment is just so I can lower them a bit more, the default is fine for a lot of people I just found it a bit high for me so raised the seat and lowered the pedals which gives me about another 8cm difference.

Also added a couple of RGB strips because I had them laying in a draw unused and thought, would they fit inside those slots, and they did. I know some might find them tacky but I don’t care, I like a bit of coloured lighting and I don’t switch it on all the time, just when I feel like some bling. :cool: Also has some effects that make the rig look like it’s moving, lol. :laugh:

I got the shoes because when I got the V3 Brake Performance kit recently my foot started to hurt too and I only put in a medium combination of the elastomers and preload on 2, don’t think I could go for a hard combination. I’ll still use socks on a quick session but longer sessions need the shoes. :D Quite warm in this weather though, must find some thinner socks, must be race car socks, none of those normal every day socks for me, I kid but I might see if there is some just for the look on peoples faces when I mention I have real motorsport attire for use on a sim rig. :D

I certainly wouldn’t mind going to that sim expo, that would be a treat but I’ll have to wait till you show us the holiday snaps, enjoy man.

Last edited:
Wish I had the room you’ve got but I have to make do with a small bedroom with only just enough room to get a rig in. I have to move it also so I have it on caster wheels otherwise I’d never have it.

Still not really finished, waiting on 2 120cm profiles to replace the base 140cm ones, one was dented in a couple of places and I’m supposed to be getting a replacement for that and I’m buying another one so I can shorten the rig, as you can see from the pics I’m strapped for room so every little helps and there no need for the Sim Labs P1 to be as long as it is for all but the tallest people.

Also forgot to mention I’ve modified the rig, got two 40x80 profile pieces to replace the 40x40 to raise the seat above the pedals and a 50cm 40x40 to help lower the pedals as they are a bit high by default. Then the whole rig has been raised by four extra profile pieces with the caster wheels attached as I have to use the TV attached to, well everything including my PC which is wall mounted above a desk on a arm so can be swivelled to face the rig, wish I could get closer but this is the best I can do for now. This is my first rig, just happy to have one finally.

Please can someone give me details about installing these sparco pedals on a FANATEC PEDALS set ? (I own a V3 Inverted ...)
Thank You !!

Please can someone give me details about installing these sparco pedals on a FANATEC PEDALS set ? (I own a V3 Inverted ...)
Thank You !!

What details do you need? I can tell you the the fact I could only use one bolt as you can see in the photo as the hole spacing was unfortunately different 1.5cm compared to the 2cm hole spacing on the pedal arms, but tightened enough and they haven’t rotated on me so far, not even with racing shoes, but time will tell. Open Sim Racing did have adapters that support putting OMP pedal plates/pads on the Fanatec pedals but I didn't know till after, I have emailed them to find out if they still can make them and would work with my Sparco set but they are taking a while to respond.

A guy on the 3D printing site also has the same thing, quite pricey for the set though, https://www.shapeways.com/shops/custom_simracingparts?section=Fanatec&s=0

Last edited:
What details do you need? I can tell you the the fact I could only use one bolt as you can see in the photo as the hole spacing was unfortunately different 1.5cm compared to the 2cm hole spacing on the pedal arms, but tightened enough and they haven’t rotated on me so far, not even with racing shoes, but time will tell. Open Sim Racing did have adapters that support putting OMP pedal plates/pads on the Fanatec pedals but I didn't know till after, I have emailed them to find out if they still can make them and would work with my Sparco set but they are taking a while to respond.

A guy on the 3D printing site also has the same thing, quite pricey for the set though, https://www.shapeways.com/shops/custom_simracingparts?section=Fanatec&s=0

Hi, Thank you for useful information !

@Maxim Meldyashov Thanks much! No need to do the Mazda. The RSR pic is perfect. It provides the FOV that I thought it would.

So, how did you get iRacing to take the correct FOV? I haven't touched those settings in a while but since I'm planning on picking up this monitor, I would like to be forearmed. :sneaky:

Little update, I've managed to get the P1 rig closer to the TV which allows me to use a higher FOV with the added bonus I don't have to move the rig back and forth every time I want to use it. :)

42374788670_ea109c4ede_b.jpg

43464911814_aee8d5dddd_b.jpg

Got to tidy up those cables. :O_o:

I've also got a couple of those Orb Audio speakers for the rear surround sound attached, currently on the base of the rig but hoping I can attach them closer to ear height later, just not sure how just yet.

42374788690_9ed4a7c6c1_b.jpg

42374788720_451bd69698_b.jpg

Got to remove the seat and adjust how the bracket attaches to the slider to see if I can move the two seat profile pieces in enough to allow the speakers to move right to the back but this will do for now.

[QUOTE = "Attila Domján, bericht: 72913, lid: 6"] Ik heb een item als dit op verschillende fora, ik vind dit een tof item om te zien hoe anderen racen!

Dus ik begin, hier is de mijne:
DSC01305.jpg
[/ Citaat]

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%