Show us your Rig / Cockpit

This is certainly an evolutionary build. Here is my first "finished" version.
  • GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 11GD Video Card
  • Three 27-inch Dell S2716DG Quad-HD Gsync 144Hz Monitors for 7680 x 1440 resolution on a RSEAT RS T3L Triple TV Stand
  • Pyrofrog Studios DashPanel on 6-in Android phone
  • Logitech Z906 500W 5.1 Speakers
  • Simul8r Mark I PVC Frame with Lexan and Rivet Nut Fasteners Painted with Krylon Fusion
  • Logitech G27 Force Feedback Wheel, Pedals, and H-Pattern Shifter
    • Nixim Spring Mod for clutch, progressive brake, and throttle
  • Procar 80-1610-51L Sportsman Racing Seat Black Synthetic Leather Racing with Sliders and Adjustable Recliner
  • SimCommander4 Software
    • Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX PCIe 5.1 Sound Card for SimVibe effects
      • Behringer NU1000 1000W Amplifier
        • ButtKicker mini LFE 250W 4-ohm Transducer on Seat
        • ButtKicker mini LFE 250W 4-ohm Transducer on Pedals
      • ONEU Mini Amplifier 2x20W
        • Dayton Audio TT25-8 8-ohm Puck Tactile Transducer on Shifter

Sim Rig.jpg

Ciao , Hy

Postazione:
GT OMEGA ART RACING SIMULATOR COCKPIT - RS6 SEAT
Volante:
Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
Pedaliera:
ClubSport V3 con V3 Damper Kit
TV:
Samsung 49 pollici Curvo
20180406_145127 (Small).jpg

L8SgDe7ErsDdEHSc6

Last edited:
Here is my ultra low-budget rig, built on a university student budget haha!
The base is a panel I got for free from a tip, the seat was from a Ford Mondeo, £15 on Ebay. The total costs for fittings and wood panels is about £30, total price is thus about £40-50 not including the wheel and shifter of course! Shifter is an SHH 7R, wheel is a G920 though I intend to upgrade ASAP. I can't afford another monitor specially for my rig so it is next to my desk so I can just slide the monitor onto the rig and avoid buying a new one!
20180617_190941.jpg

20180617_190958.jpg

And yes, that is a coaster, so I can enjoy a mid-race cup of tea! (BTW I'm not a Communist! xD)

Waiting for my amp and bass shakers to come in to get some tactile feedback going on. Really can't get enough of the VR experience. My only gripe is, it's harder to heal and toe with this setup. It is possible, but I mostly run GT cars (so I am not to upset about it). The new Fanatec wheel is such a treat. Once the GPU scene actually goes to the next generation I'll consider upgrading my 980Ti. Even though I get 90 FPS 1.3-1.4 SS with medium settings and about 10 cars in the field. I haven't tried to add more cars, yet.

iLBZkMO.jpg

UO6iRpS.jpg

ShZI2QT.jpg

P3CW8JV.jpg

Here you go
Same frame different shooting distance.
This one all the way back:
View attachment 236170
This one in the correct driving position:View attachment 236171
Thanks for posting these pics. I'm very interested in a 32:9 monitor, especially the new higher resolution models that are coming soon. How does it handle a 16:9 image? Reason I ask is that I also use my rig for console gaming so would be also feeding it a 16:9 image. I currently have a 40" 4K monitor after having come from 40" 1080P triples.I'm considering a 32:9 monitor or may get one of the Nvidia Big Format Displays when they release.

Thanks for posting these pics. I'm very interested in a 32:9 monitor, especially the new higher resolution models that are coming soon. How does it handle a 16:9 image? Reason I ask is that I also use my rig for console gaming so would be also feeding it a 16:9 image. I currently have a 40" 4K monitor after having come from 40" 1080P triples.I'm considering a 32:9 monitor or may get one of the Nvidia Big Format Displays when they release.

32:9 works just great!
here is my pics:
1235018w.jpg

1235019w.jpg

How is the Thrustmaster new sequential shifter?
using the thrustmaster as handbrake trying a few rally stages out in project cars 2,with the shifter and handbrake together close to the wheel I reccon i will be "handbrake turning" with confidence SOOON I hope LOL
the Heusinkveld shifter is fantastic really mechanical not tried the thrustmaster in sequisential YET LOL

the handbrake is great i have it mounted low at the moment so has a longest length shaft more leverage easier to pull

I am when i have time going to raise the handbrake shorten the throw shaft length so as to beef it up a bit more make it harder to pull
so raising the thrustmaster unit up but keeping the stick the same height in line with the sequisential and wheel

using the thrustmaster as handbrake trying a few rally stages out in project cars 2,with the shifter and handbrake together close to the wheel I reccon i will be "handbrake turning" with confidence SOOON I hope LOL
the Heusinkveld shifter is fantastic really mechanical not tried the thrustmaster in sequisential YET LOL
Please test it as a sequential shifter for few laps and tell me which is better this or HE sequential shifter. Thanks

The problem with the thrustmaster is that thrustmaster have not given a slightest bit of thought of installing ,on any rig be it wood or profile ,there is 6 x m6 holes in the bottom and 3 either side so you have to drill whatever wooden rig you have or make brackets if you have a profile type rig,which is a hastle i originally got 2 angle irons to attatch it to rig,but pulling ont handbrake caused flex in the diy bracket, so beefed it up to brackets 5 times the thickness didnt work still flexed, so had to fork out shy over a tenner for a 10mm thick aluminium plate so as to make a proper bracket out of.which i will be doing tomorrow will upload photos then.
Been going round Bannock brae sideways in"t ford focus rally thingy 6 speed sequisential You get to see that bird int pub garden with he big beeakers alot better sideways on lol

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back