Show us your Rig / Cockpit

New Audi DTM carbon fiber wheel with his dashboard for SimHUB.....

Final Wheel SimHUB 1.jpg

Final Wheel SimHUB 2.jpg

Pretty major overhaul of my rig over the past few weeks:

Sim Lab P1 cockpit with custom monitor mount to replace my trusty old Playseat (the Sim Lab monitor mount I bought was not suitable for my 50" screen, so I had to rig something up myself from spare extrusion).
Next Level V3 motion platform fitted low in the frame on custom suspension brackets.
Sparco R333 reclining seat fitted to replace my beloved RS Turbo Recaro (I'd gone back to the Recaro in recent weeks in the Playseat as I wasn't finding the R333 comfortable, but with the new elevated pedal position in the P1 it now feels fantastic)
Fanatec CSPv3 pedals to replace my CSPv1s.
Fanatec CS Shifter 1.5 (awaiting fitting) to replace my Thrustmaster TH8RS.

75W3Mx0.jpg

80/20 rocks!

Edit: shifter now mounted!

ty9P0bj.jpg

Last edited:
Recently updated my office/rig setup. I still need and like having the ability to change from a driving setup to something I can move out of the way but I needed more rigidity under braking and shifting. So first job was to sort out the frame of the seat and wheel.

I came up with using a pair of 50mm swivel truss couplers used on lighting rigs etc.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UKDJ-Global-Truss-Narrow-Swivel-Coupler-50mm-Truss-Clamp-100kg-Load/351639901910?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

This enabled me to then use a 50mm nylon rod to connect the wheel stand pro to the base of the gt omega chair.
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/plastic-rods/2820705/

I added some carbon vinyl for aesthetics on the nylon rod.

n7yR4N6.jpg

3G4wFIf.jpg
TjVE4mi.jpg

Removed the wheels that come with a office chair for some glides for extra stability but can still slide it around my office.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-Replacement-High-Quality-Chrome-Glides-for-Office-Computer-Chair-Eames-NEW/321084149795?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The rig can now be disconnected from the chair using one nut in above picture.

Next was to sort the gear shift and it's position.

Very old spec pre thrustmaster.
0QSArTD.jpg

New position adding in the wheel stand pro shifter attachment to left as I am a Brit, and we drive on the correct side of the road.;)
GqNLP1H.jpg

TH8RS with Momo knob fitted and 3D printed short throw gate 6 speed rather than 7 for a faster and and more realistic gear change.

Available here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thrustma...117034?hash=item2f1a16126a:g:UKgAAOSwfRdZEFIE
aVsCUWJ.jpg

Wheel is a Thrustmaster Sparco r383 fitted with magnetic shifters purchased from @HoeTheBeard on RD. I have changed the appearance to make it look like the wheel from my favorite race car of all time a Lotus Renault 98T. ish!

ArxCt7g.jpg

Real 98T
N8zNYXy.jpg

Fake with a few extra buttons!
2lhcLhn.jpg

A little video of me driving.

Just waiting to see what is happening with VR in the next few months before I take a second plunge into a new headset.

All in all I am very happy now with the rigidity and usability of my rig for what I consider to be not a lot of money. It fits my room perfectly, comes apart with one bolt and is stiff and rigid.

Made up with it.:)

Last edited:
Lazarou, I noticed from your video your wheelbase moves around quite a bit, if you can find a way to reduce this you will feel a higher fidelity in the FFB. I noticed this going from a playseat evolution to my current rig ..

Lazarou, I noticed from your video your wheelbase moves around quite a bit, if you can find a way to reduce this you will feel a higher fidelity in the FFB. I noticed this going from a playseat evolution to my current rig ..
I have actually reduced this quite a bit but yeah I can see your point, I presume the movement will be dampening out the FFB thus reducing the information. I do have a few things I can do so I am in the process of seeing what works. I just have to keep in mind that the rig needs to be able to come apart fairly easily and stored otherwise I would just get a full rig.

The eternal quest for sim racing improvements never ends.

It's like an addiction, lol, my rig is constantly evolving and as it is in a room that doubles up for other things i needed to be able to move it easily and be relatively compact so i can tuck it out of the way when not in use.. so i stuck it on castors.
ITuuKhr.jpg
A very nice setup, my Mrs would love the chair. I could go all in on sim racing as my office would probably just have enough room but I do like to play strategy games etc. I am about 50/50 this week on a full conversion, a month ago I was playing strategy games so never even thought about, this month I am all in on sim racing.

Maybe I need to take over the dining room, I am sure that would go down well. We can eat off a tray instead!

Very nice Rig ....... Ever fancied any BKAdvance for feedback !?
I have 2 AuraSound shakers; 1 under the seat padding and 1 under the pedals. Initially, I had Fanatec pedals mounted on wood and the shaker mounted underneath. This setup was strong enough to leave tingles in my legs after racing. With the Wilwood pedals I mounted the shaker on the aluminum profile and lost much of the sensation so I removed the shaker and placed it on wood (this helped).
In short, 2 shakers have been enough for me however I am intrigued by the BKLFE.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back