Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Used to run the triples, and had everything centered on desk, but now use the Oculus full time so I scooted the rig over, so I can have usable desk space as well. Notice the 2 mouse pad positions, and I can just move to each, and scoot the keyboard back and forth. I just pushed the shifter to that position to get it out of the way until the Simetik shifter mount arrives. If I drop the wheel stand on the rig, I can push the rig under the desk for storage as well. woot.

IMG_8977.jpg

IMG_8975.jpg

IMG_8980.jpg

IMG_8981.jpg

The FOV is very easy to adjust. Although you have less screen on the sides compared to triples I find it just enough to aim correctly for the apex. In fact it was the first thing I noticed when I drove for the first time with it.
It does give me all the ability to perform as well as in VR without having to be alianeted from the real world.
On top of that not having bezels on the way and having a crisp clear resolution definitely compensates the lack of more sideways view.
I think not many people would ditch this config if they tried it but as always it can be down to specific personal preferences.

If anything I found in the past with triples we used mostly the first 1/3rd of the screen so this format should be ideal. I even had early experiments with 3 projectors (16:9) and PS3 having GT5 using triple screens with of course no borders but in 3D. That was fun.....

I can't agree that a screen can bring what VR brings, but the current level of VR and its operation is clearly not something everyone can feel comfortable with or enjoys. Though as my own rig is used for all general PC entertainment, as a user Id too seek a nice display to accommodate VR options. So I would prefer something like this to have a higher resolution for improved multi-tasking or fullscreen 16:9 content.

One alternative is taking a larger, potentially even cheaper 4K TV and running custom 21:9 ratios. This IS possible on some but not all displays yet few it seems even bother to investigate. We don't technically need 21:9 displays to get the benefits of a 21:9 ratio.

I do believe however your monitor was also the one shown with the Fanatec DD wheel unveiling that Race Department visited. Looked great on that rig as well.

We are so spoilt with the hardware options we have these days.

Last edited:
Hi. Awesome rig there. Which make is the shifter, and how is the handling of the Aiologs handbrake?

It's the shifter by Heusinkveld, with a custom knob from ebay and with the short shaft. It's a very common sequential shifter in high end setups. Worth every euro.

The handbrake feels good. The handling of it is very comfortable. I wish it had a heavier spring and that it behaved in progression, but it's not the case. I plan on modifying it (I still don't know how) to add that progressive feel and to make it more cushioned and less like like a spring. Anyway, I enjoy it a lot in hairpins in Dirt Rally.

Last edited:
hi there hope you dont mind me bumping your thread but heres my sim project hope you guys like it not finished yet needs painting built from ply and as a audi tt dashboard, vauxhall tigra leather seat with triple 22" monitors its very comfortable.
It's nice to see cockpits with real car dashboards. It gives them style. :)
I'd recommend finishing the wood with some carpet or leather to give a warm soft feeling. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back