Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Done! Well till I get triple screens and upgrade to a real wheel :cool:
26076850798_8c7a0d7558_k.jpg

Just finished putting this together last week. The screen is just for spectators. I always use my Oculus Rift. I'm using a dedicated PC that will receive a big upgrade in the next couple of days (Strix GeForce GTX 1080 ti 11GB OC).

259490d1516840673-project-cars-2-pc-limited-edition-giveaway-dsc_0467.jpg

259498d1516840688-project-cars-2-pc-limited-edition-giveaway-dsc_0466.jpg
That is a beautiful setup! I've always wondered what it would look like rushing through Hockingheim or the Nordschleife with an Oculus Rift!

That is a beautiful setup! I've always wondered what it would look like rushing through Hockingheim or the Nordschleife with an Oculus Rift!

Thanks! There's nothing better than the first time driving with a VR headset. I crashed into a wall and my brain thought I was going to die. I still have to close my eyes whenever I'm about to take a hard hit or my heart will skip a beat. Lol

I've been active on these forums for quite some time, so I proudly reveal to you my rig and the modifications.

The main cockpit structure is from Sim-Labs. However I've modified to accommodate a tabletop and alternative wheelbase mounting solution. I saw another chap make a keyboard arm out of a cheap monitor arm and I've replicated the idea here.

I have a single PC shared between the sim rig and standing desk workstation.
IMG_20180206_111051.jpg

IMG_20180206_112826.jpg

So I'm a VR racing guy, but the 35" monitor is mounted to this beefy monitor arm to allow it swing behind the wheel like so.
IMG_20180206_111314.jpg

Here's a closeup, the monitor arm is mounted to the sim rig.
IMG_20180206_111335.jpg

And finally, that random monitor at the rear is for RetroPie. The Raspberry Pi is attached to back of the monitor.
IMG_20180206_111949.jpg

Hi guys
Here's my rig Sim-Lab P1 with some adaptations I have made to accommodate the OSW hardware.
20180214_143459_resized.jpg
20180214_143544_resized.jpg
20180214_144021_resized.jpg
20180214_152312_resized.jpg

Setup:
- Simucube Small Mige with the new Sincos high res encoder, 740w psu and special isolated industrial cables.

- OMP 320s steering wheel by Carsten Filmer with Ascher-Racing magnetic paddle shifters.

- Heusinkveld Pro pedals

- Fanatec SQ V1.5 shifter

- Logitech G25 shifter handbrake mod done by myself.

- Sparco REV II seat with sliders.

- Sony 2.1 digital sound system with powerfull sub woofer instaled under the seat.

- wireless multimedia MK plus trackball keyboard.

- 49 inch Ultrawide Samsung QLED LC49HG90 Gaming Monitor. 144hz 1ms response time.

- Sparco racing gloves and Sparco slalom boots.

- i7-4790k 4.8GHz / Asus GTX980ti 20th Aniversary Gold edition.

Next step maybe an Heusinkveld Handbrake but for now I'm very happy with my own G25 mod which works and feels great.

that monitor is simply WOW, i dont know how to feel i have VR it s unbelievable immersive but i can t be competitve with it and didn t manage to play long session... so i m back to my 35 inch 21/9, really considering that samsung, could you make us a little review i'm interested to here about it.
thanks beautiful set up by the way

Killer setup! I almost went with the P1 myself but got the GT1 instead.

But yeah that monitor is awesome! Do you have a in-car screenshot so I can see what the FoV looks like?

Killer setup! I almost went with the P1 myself but got the GT1 instead.

But yeah that monitor is awesome! Do you have a in-car screenshot so I can see what the FoV looks like?

Agree the setup looks really tidy and sweet. Very distinctive with that screen.

Seen a few videos on that monitor, would love to see examples of the multiscreen modes it supports, while not essiential for a cockpit. General usage 16:9 material is limited, centered with huge borders, unless using the multi-tasking screen modes.

Now if only it was 4K Ultra-Wide and 55" for under £1000
Hope the owner does some videos of it in action... (hint,hint) ;)

that monitor is simply WOW, i dont know how to feel i have VR it s unbelievable immersive but i can t be competitve with it and didn t manage to play long session... so i m back to my 35 inch 21/9, really considering that samsung, could you make us a little review i'm interested to here about it.
thanks beautiful set up by the way

Yes this monitor is great and I highly recommend it to everyone who shares my concerns about the current display alternatives.
I started a long time ago with a TV and G25 wheel and inevitably one day moved to triples!
I sold my triples when oculus CV1 arrived because I just couldn't stand the bezels, however the bluriness of the oculus and not being comfortable with the alienation from the real world took me back to only 1 monitor setup, and this time it was the fantastic G-sync technology that made me a very happy desk gamer for nearly 2 years along with its IPS panel WQHD and 144hz refresh rate.
Now on this aluminium profile rig the 27 inch monitor felt extremly small so I tried to use my 4k 52 inch TV with 3ms response time but as expected the 60hzmax refresh killed the experience for me.
And that's when I found this incredible looking ultrawide curved Samsung with 20% discount that had everything I wanted except for G-sync and WQHD.
Now I have to say that the size of this thing with it's great pixel response and high refresh rate has made me very very satisfied and even the staff from the retail store where I ordered it had that WOWWW moment when I asked to try it before bring it it home.
So much that in fact I think this is currently the ultimate display for a sim Rig because it provides enough immersion to make me forget triples or VR.
I think I will keep this configuration for a very long time and only upgrade to a model with G-sync and higher resolution as soon as available, just because I am constantly trying to increase the quality of the experience.
I must say that the VR wow factor is still in my mind...but just as gimmick that I'll have to wait until the resolution is good enough for me to even consider buying.
Think that's the best I can describe.
Sorry for my English

Agree the setup looks really tidy and sweet. Very distinctive with that screen.

Seen a few videos on that monitor, would love to see examples of the multiscreen modes it supports, while not essiential for a cockpit. General usage 16:9 material is limited, centered with huge borders, unless using the multi-tasking screen modes.

Now if only it was 4K Ultra-Wide and 55" for under £1000
Hope the owner does some videos of it in action... (hint,hint) ;)

Yeah, unfortunately currently there's nothing bigger with native 144hz refresh.
Asus is launching the PG65 with 120hz but it's not curved and it must be way above £2000.
Personally I find this Samsung too big for desktop use because I find unpleasant to constantly turn my head to read and obviously the higher resolution wouldn't make any difference here.
On the other hand its perfect for cockpit, 3rd person games or Fifa.
Movies are awesome and it is the closest thing to a real Cinema room I have ever seen. Considering your the only one watching the movie not even my 52 inch 4k gives me such feeling simply because this monitor covers all of your field of view and you realy don't notice the side bars.
Like I said before I don't miss the higher resolution on games that much but will upgrade when available.

I'll try to post some videos later.

Yes this monitor is great and I highly recommend it to everyone who shares my concerns about the current display alternatives.
I started a long time ago with a TV and G25 wheel and inevitably one day moved to triples!
I sold my triples when oculus CV1 arrived because I just couldn't stand the bezels, however the bluriness of the oculus and not being comfortable with the alienation from the real world took me back to only 1 monitor setup, and this time it was the fantastic G-sync technology that made me a very happy desk gamer for nearly 2 years along with its IPS panel WQHD and 144hz refresh rate.
Now on this aluminium profile rig the 27 inch monitor felt extremly small so I tried to use my 4k 52 inch TV with 3ms response time but as expected the 60hzmax refresh killed the experience for me.
And that's when I found this incredible looking ultrawide curved Samsung with 20% discount that had everything I wanted except for G-sync and WQHD.
Now I have to say that the size of this thing with it's great pixel response and high refresh rate has made me very very satisfied and even the staff from the retail store where I ordered it had that WOWWW moment when I asked to try it before bring it it home.
So much that in fact I think this is currently the ultimate display for a sim Rig because it provides enough immersion to make me forget triples or VR.
I think I will keep this configuration for a very long time and only upgrade to a model with G-sync and higher resolution as soon as available, just because I am constantly trying to increase the quality of the experience.
I must say that the VR wow factor is still in my mind...but just as gimmick that I'll have to wait until the resolution is good enough for me to even consider buying.
Think that's the best I can describe.
Sorry for my English

you sold me on this, i m in the same boat as you concerning VR. I'll probably think vr again fot next gen and new graphic card
thks for your answer

VR .. your IN the car..pick up apex better..
Personally find it much more immersive..at first I agree you think WTF !

Few day's and I was hooked, sold my fancy 27'' Gsync's.

Screen (s) you can see everything else in the room.
No contest VR for me.

Sexy monitor though ;-)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%