1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Attila Domján, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Beef36

Beef36

Ratings:
    +27
    I do not have the skills to build a Tig welded steel chassis. This is a standard, off the shelf rig from fasttracksims

The specs are:
    i7-8700K | GTX 1080Ti | Fast Track Sims TC-R1 | Oculus Rift | rSeat RS Stand T3XL | Acer Predator Z-35 Monitors | Heusinkveld Engineering Ultimate Pedals | SimuCube OSW Force Feedback System | Heusinkveld Engineering Shifter | Heusinkveld Engineering Handbrake | D-Box 4250i | SimVibe | Buttkicker Advance | Behringer iNUKE NU3000DSP | Button Box | Yamaha 5.1 AV Receiver | Sennheiser RS-175 Infrared Headphones | Mission MX-1 Speakers | Mission MS10 Subwoofer

2. Elaphe

Elaphe

Ratings:
    +57
    Use 3 cm thick MDF and it will be more solid than any cockpit made of aluminium.

3. Thomas Vasileiadis

Thomas Vasileiadis

Ratings:
    +187
    new kid in town....

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    IMG_4148 (2).JPG

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  5. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +747

• Like Like x 2
  6. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    I have the GT Omega wheel stand + rear seat frame + GT omega seat and their triple monitor stand and I do have similar drawbacks:

1) The seat/wheel/pedal alignment is indeed off center! I kept wondering if it was just me but I'm "glad" to see it wasn't just my imagination...they have to do a better job with quality control.

2) I wish the monitors position could be locked into place; it gets annoying when you finally have the perfect position and you click a button on the monitor and that pushes it out of alignment.

3) it would be nice if there was more of a fore/aft adjustment to the steering wheel (or pedals or both) as I had to find a compromise between being pedal distance and wheel distance (I'm 5' 8"). Yea that steering wheel height adjustment on your rig is horrible! I race mostly in short pants and I'd probably cut my leg on that all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Turvey

Turvey

Ratings:
    +19
    Man some of these rigs are mindblowing well done to all. It just proves no matter what budget you are on you can have some serious fun building these things

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. kolysion

kolysion

Ratings:
    +14

i have the same feeling, i really need to buy PRO SIMU cockpit :) or Rseat

• Like Like x 1
  9. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    That's too expensive for me right now so I'm gonna modify mine:

The pedal alignment is close enough but the wheel is slightly off, so I might just have to drill holes on the wheelbase plate to compensate.

For fore/aft wheel adjustment, I'm thinking if you take two short bars of 80/20 and use them as a sliding platform for the wheel deck, it just might work:
    [​IMG]

10. kolysion

kolysion

Ratings:
    +14
    Waou, you draw very well !!
    i agree but i'm too lazy to modify like this, i have no tool :)
    i will think about your idea, it's very nice !!
    Where do you live, maybe you can ship me this modification :) ?

and yes the wheel is very too much close to me it's awfull, i'm not very well placed in this cocpit.

11. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    I live in a remote part of the world so it's hard enough for me to get 80/20, much less make it for you...besides, you would need to bend straight or cut off the sides of your wheel deck and drill holes to connect to the 80/20 for it to work.

12. kolysion

kolysion

Ratings:
    +14
    why do i need to cut the side of my wheel deck ?

13. Turvey

Turvey

Ratings:
    +19
    Its bloody expensive also.i got a mate that ships a lot of stuff from china hopfully he can source some " samples" for me so i can try a few things.

14. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Look at the drawing; it attaches to the top of the 80/20...the side part would get in the way...

15. Milkie

Milkie

Ratings:
    +4
    Nearly finished my first sim rig. Made from 25mm box steel, 3mm thick.
    [​IMG]
    Pedals and seat on seat runners, both sit on anti vibration bushes.
    [​IMG]
    I'll get a thread together if anyone is interested.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  16. Turvey

Turvey

Ratings:
    +19
    Looks awsome

17. Jump

Jump

Ratings:
    +2
    • Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  18. racingenthusiast

racingenthusiast
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    It is a JDM racing wheel, with a Sparco horn replacement

19. Elaphe

Elaphe

Ratings:
    +57
    Hi. Something different this time. This is my racing rig, made with MDF, mostly 30 mm and also some 19 mm-thick pieces. I will not paint it because I don't care about aesthetics and I wanted something sturdy, strong, cheap, more or less compact, and easy to build. For those who tell me I should worry about humidity affecting the mdf, I must say I live in a very very dry place, with almost no rain throughout the year. I've put a lot of hours in it, from the design to the building. Both the seat and the pedals are on rails. The driving position is rally-like. I spent many hours testing the position and distance of every element for the best ergonomics. As you can see, there's a sequential shifter, a handbrake, a button box, a small mouse and an extra button mount on the left (for quick access to wipers and other functions, especially on rally driving). I've also included wireless minimouse and minikeyboard. All the electronics are below the bucket seat. The connectors are on the front (audio for the shakers, hdmi for the dashboard monitor and usb for the hub which connects all the devices. For monitor I'm using a big TV on my desk, so I slide the cockpit when I want to play and connect the cables. I've been testing it today for the first time with Dirt Rally and it's amazing. No flex, no vibrations (apart from the bodyshakers haha), and a very comfortable position, with everything at hand. I like it and I'm happy I made it myself. Some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 2
  20. Dave_6

Dave_6
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    In-progress pic of my Sim-lab GT1 that I received yesterday :D
    [​IMG]
    Hope to finish it this afternoon then spend even more time getting it all adjusted to my liking.

• Like Like x 8