Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Yes Dave, P1.
GT1 has an option to adjust pedal height (with stock configuration). P1 has much easier pedal plate movement adjustments due to those locks.
My main reasoning with the rig and all the component build was no compromises regarding specific parts (to a reasonable degree of course). P1 base frame is 160×40 mm aluminium profiles instead of 40×80 mm you see in GT1. So P1 should be more rigid. It also has additional support for shifter piece.
In case you want pedal height adjustment for P1 I assume you can ask Sim-lab to add it when ordering or maybe later. So in my case (not considering the price) I don't see a reason to get GT1.

There are 2 things I'd want to upgrade sometime in future:
- add some buttkickers but not while I live in apartment;
- better H shifter. Fanatec is quite good but I feel it could be done better and is also a bit too big. Maybe new HE H shifter when it comes out (I know there is Quaife but that's overkill, I don't use shifter that much).

I was originally looking at the GT2. Got to looking around on their site and the GT1 caught my eye as it looked more like what I was after. I don't need a super strong rig at the moment as I'm still only using a G27 with the Fanatec CSPv3 pedals, though I have a want to upgrade to a OSW or the Fanatec CSWv2.5. Guess it just depends on how much I really want to spend on a rig and if I'm really going to use it enough to justify the price.

I'd wait for the HE shifter. I've had my eye on the Fanatec but may wait on the HE myself. Looks like it's going to be as small as the sequential he offers.

BTW, which Sparco seat is that? How is the lumbar support?

Last edited:
Updated now to TS-PC ;):cool:
20171017_163602.jpg

20171017_163632.jpg

I'm wonder, what do you use the 3rd TH8A for? And if it's a handbrake, ever considered upgrading to a 'real' handbrake? If not, why not.
Yes, you are correct about the TH8A for a Handbrake (the far left side one, H-Pattern next to it, Sequential on the right side of the wheel connected the the TS-XW base)...and Yes I have considered to upgrade to a real Handbrake but it is the availability in my country that is a problem...I have to import anything in Sim related and our exchange rate is not very good, then add Customs Duty, and other Taxes and it becomes quite costly...eg The ECCI Trackstar 6000 Pedals in my Sim Rig Photo cost me $1200.00 by the time I got them....so the Thrustmaster gear is easily available for purchase

Sparco Evo II. Feels great to me.
I haven't really tried any other real racing seats to compare it to though. You can probably get some knock off seat much cheaper.

Not sure I want to spend that much for a seat so maybe I can find a similar knock off from someone that is decent quality and comfortable.

I was looking at your pics again and it looks like you aren't using the seat slider. I'm guessing the seat is still adjustable by loosening some bolts?

Some wowtastic rigs here!

Here's my not-too-flashy-but-gets-the-job-done sim rig. Just got the Thrustmaster T500RS/TH8ARS set last friday and it replaced my G27 set. The small knob between the wheel and shifter is my DIY e-brake :D

I'm gaming mostly with the PC (AC/PC2/DR/Dirt4) through my 55" 4k 60Hz Sony TV.

I sanded the pedal faces down to matte look... didn't care for the shiny/plastic-ish feel.

37900205282_d038d9dfcc_b.jpg

37931051021_bb6179d222_b.jpg

I'm currently working on an F1 style sim with an 80/20 skeleton and MDF outer panels. Installing a large Mige OSW system from simracingbay with a fanatec adapter from simracingmachines and clubsport V3 pedals(for now, i plan to go HPP PRX SEs in the near future. I got the idea from Nick's Lotus F1 build and he helped me with info on pouring my own bucket seat from 2 part urethane. I'm mounting the osw to the underside of the top of the frame so the top will be flush. Here are some project pictures of how the build is coming along and a picture from my sketchup with the design of the sidepods and outer MDF:

Attachments

• JPEG_20171101_212709.jpg
    JPEG_20171101_212709.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 502
  • large mig adapter.jpg
    large mig adapter.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 543
  • rig skeleton.jpg
    rig skeleton.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 621
  • sketchup pic.png
    sketchup pic.png