Show us your Rig / Cockpit

20170805_151837 (Custom).jpg

DSCN1191.JPG
DSCN1193.JPG
Nice rig :) I'm not so talented, I give in and ordered one from GT Omega Racing. I transfered all my hardware over to it a couple of weeks ago. What a difference to having it all bolted to an old desk, now I can use the load cell brake properly at last, as I now have a solid connection between the seat and the pedals. With a computer seat, when you try to brake a bit harder, the seat rolls back and ruins the effect My lap times have improved tremendously because of that alone.
Just don't talk to my wife about it.....:D

Last edited:
Sim-Lab P1? I've been looking at their GT1 but I may just get this one instead. Seems like the pedals have more adjustment with the P1.

Killer setup!

Yes Dave, P1.
GT1 has an option to adjust pedal height (with stock configuration). P1 has much easier pedal plate movement adjustments due to those locks.
My main reasoning with the rig and all the component build was no compromises regarding specific parts (to a reasonable degree of course). P1 base frame is 160×40 mm aluminium profiles instead of 40×80 mm you see in GT1. So P1 should be more rigid. It also has additional support for shifter piece.
In case you want pedal height adjustment for P1 I assume you can ask Sim-lab to add it when ordering or maybe later. So in my case (not considering the price) I don't see a reason to get GT1.

There are 2 things I'd want to upgrade sometime in future:
- add some buttkickers but not while I live in apartment;
- better H shifter. Fanatec is quite good but I feel it could be done better and is also a bit too big. Maybe new HE H shifter when it comes out (I know there is Quaife but that's overkill, I don't use shifter that much).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back