1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show your car

Discussion in 'Car Culture' started by Jacco Cornelissen, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Flappy

Flappy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    If I hadn't bought a C6, an older 911 would've been it. Air cooled all the way, baby.
    IMG_0203.JPG
    That's our ZR1 last Summer getting Xpel clear bra. We had just traded in our Victory Red Base Coupe and after the chips I wanted protection. I may not agree with Tanner Faust about much, but putting your foot in this IS like hearing quarters shoot out the exhaust pipe in big streams!

The only 'Vette I've ever driven with massive snap oversteer. 638 forced induction horsepower with some 605ft/lbs of torque. A truly scary car, even in Kitty-Kat mode with all the aids on. For the money it was a no-brainer compared to trying to mod up a base coupe. Kind of amusing when a kid filling it complimented the tape/vinyl on the top and I had to break his heart and let him know it was REAL carbon fiber! Unfortunately not removable, though. One of the things you learn to live with.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 2
  2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,082
    I love the yellow! I had a grey 2011 C6 Z06 i sold it back in January and last weekend i picked up a preowned 2016 C7 Z06 Z07, in arctic white, 7spd man, 3lz interior with adrenaline red trim. I know exactly what you mean by massive snap oversteer :D

I like the older air cooled 911's as well but man they are expensive!. A 95 993 C4S in nice shape sell for around 90k Cdn. An early 80's 930 turbo, around 150k.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. Tommi Ylén

Tommi Ylén

Ratings:
    +34
    Sold Volvo and bought a Caldina GT-T (manual)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,082
    I missed the C6 for a while there when i was searching around for a new or used C7 but i don't miss it as much anymore :). This one is a 2016 Z06 that i found being sold by a private seller.

CAMERA_02-22-01.44.35.jpg

CAMERA_02-26-02.46.39.jpg

CAMERA_02-26-10.42.09.jpg
    When i bought the car it had just under 1200kms on it

PHOTO_06-01-01.34.53.jpg

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  5. The Stig™

The Stig™
    Some say his heart beat is measured in RPM

Ratings:
    +29
    Trying to get as much seat time as I can before the season starts, still need to tweak the suspension as the rear end likes to kick out if you even think about the loud pedal...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  6. arthur666

arthur666

Ratings:
    +130
    That's a really nice looking 'bird ya got there. If I ever add another toy to the garage, it'll be a >10 year old Mustang. I really do like a solid-axle car with just a little more power than it needs. :)

7. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck

Ratings:
    +87
    New year fun at Barber in January.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  8. RacingManiacGT1

RacingManiacGT1

Ratings:
    +26
    My do everything car
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Racer_bmw

Racer_bmw

Ratings:
    +3
    SAM_0464.JPG

Sorry for the slightly awful picture, but this is my car, my first and only car.

• Like Like x 3
  10. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,158
    This is mine. I love it dearly, despite it not being in the best shape. Averaged around 1000 miles/year for the last 10 years, then I've added almost 20000 miles in 18 months... :roflmao:

[​IMG]

Rust is creeping in, needed a spot of welding for its MOT. Would definitely consider another E34 in future though, love the 6 cyl M50 engine but wouldn't mind a go of the V8 540.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +855
    Here's my pride and joy, been working on it for roughly 8 years. Its a jzx100 chaser imported from Japan. When I got it, it was mostly stock and I had the intention of leaving it that way. Long story short it didn't last lol

Completely built the engine with all forged internals, got rid of the 1jz block and built a 1.5jz, high mount Borg Warner turbo, aftermarket ecu, injectors etc. and recently finished converting it from auto to manual.

Put out a healthy 344kw at the rear wheels at 23psi on 98 octane.

Now for some pics. (The other car I my wife's caldina GT4)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  12. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,082
    I like the older BMW's. My wifey drives a 2003 E39 M5, she's had it since last November and she loves it. She had a 2015 335i previous to it but she doesn't miss it.
    PHOTO_12-04-10.02.57.jpg
    This is her's. Previous owner had a lot of stuff from Dinan done to it, pretty much the Stage 5 minus the cams. Quite fast and the exhaust sounds awesome!

Edit. So today i was chatting with the wifey about the cars she had in the past and which is her favorite one. She's had three different Mustangs, two of them being GT 500's one was a 2010 the other a 2013, her 2015 335i was the M Motorsport edition but in all she chose her M5 as the favorite one.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  13. robt100

robt100

Ratings:
    +45
    Time for a small update, my car is nearly ready, engine in, just some snag list things to go...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,372
    Time to also update my latest mode of transport addition.
    2008 GSXR1000 K8 Limited Rizla Edition to commemorate the Suzuki Moto GP team of Caparossi and Vermulen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  15. The Stig™

The Stig™
    Some say his heart beat is measured in RPM

Ratings:
    +29
    Almost all handling suspension mods complete. Time to start looking for a supercharger...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. DowntownSIX

DowntownSIX

Ratings:
    +156
    Unboiling the brakes and tyres in the pits at Knockhill Race Circuit:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,277
    yeh boi
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. L.Karkkainen

L.Karkkainen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  19. Tommi Ylén

Tommi Ylén

Ratings:
    +34
    Dream car.. :inlove: One day I'll get one.
    Here's my older Caldina, still waiting for summer wheels&tyres. Impossible to find wheels that fits this car style both front and rear the same..

[​IMG]

20. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,082
    Paxton, Vortech, Kenne Bell?