Show your car

Even after all these years of being a member of Rd, I never spotted this thread! My daily runabouts over the past 11-12 years have consisted of:
1) 1996 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 )engine was held together by congealed oil)
2) 1994 BMW 325i msport (sweet engine but the car's body was rusting to bits)
3) My dad's Audi A4 1.8t ( heavy and a bit dull, but got me through a few dodgy winters with the Quattro drivetrain)
4) BMW 330ci msport (a great car that I genuinely wanted to keep. Until the following came along...)

And this is my current daily driver:
FullSizeRender_zpslojzwfac.jpg

IMG_0109_zps4rpx2ago.jpg

A Nissan 350Z. It's by far the most entertaining car I've had and the most impractical! It's the GT model, so has heated leather seats, BOSE sound system, all the electric gizmos one could need plus a lovely 300bhp+ V6 under the bonnet.

I haven't modified it though, or added race suspension or anything.

Because normal car.

I'm looking at an e46 BMW M3 next for practicality, but the dream car would be a 996 Porsche 911. (since they're relatively cheap right now) I'd need to save quite a bit first however....

Even after all these years of being a member of Rd, I never spotted this thread! My daily runabouts over the past 11-12 years have consisted of:
1) 1996 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 )engine was held together by congealed oil)
2) 1994 BMW 325i msport (sweet engine but the car's body was rusting to bits)
3) My dad's Audi A4 1.8t ( heavy and a bit dull, but got me through a few dodgy winters with the Quattro drivetrain)
4) BMW 330ci msport (a great car that I genuinely wanted to keep. Until the following came along...)

And this is my current daily driver:
FullSizeRender_zpslojzwfac.jpg

IMG_0109_zps4rpx2ago.jpg

A Nissan 350Z. It's by far the most entertaining car I've had and the most impractical! It's the GT model, so has heated leather seats, BOSE sound system, all the electric gizmos one could need plus a lovely 300bhp+ V6 under the bonnet.

I haven't modified it though, or added race suspension or anything.

Because normal car.

I'm looking at an e46 BMW M3 next for practicality, but the dream car would be a 996 Porsche 911. (since they're relatively cheap right now) I'd need to save quite a bit first however....

Nice to have the better Brembo brakes as well :thumbsup:. You are right about the 996's they are reasonably priced here in Canada. They don't seem to hold their value nearly as well as the older 911's and the 993's.

Nice to have the better Brembo brakes as well :thumbsup:. You are right about the 996's they are reasonably priced here in Canada. They don't seem to hold their value nearly as well as the older 911's and the 993's.

The Brembo brakes are great, but they eat discs and pads!

The 996's are starting to appreciate in value now, so if I want buy one I need to do it soon! (but I need the money first!!)

Meanwhile on my car I can just run OEM calipers and cheapo 20$ discs (and some good fluid) and put on some Hawk DTC-60 and have enough braking to cause a concussion with no fade.... :p

Yeah well your car weighs like what 2200lbs and has what like around 110hp, you can get away with that. Z06 comes in at around 3070lbs and 638hp and GC is over 4900lbs and well over 700hp. I'm afraid that braking on a budget is not in the equation for me.

Helllllo

2015 GTI Autobahn 6sp

Car has Golf R Turbo (IS38)/APR IS38 Tune
Wagner Intercooler
APR Intake

VWR Sports Springs

car makes 356HP/400TQ at the wheels

its winter in canada so over the winter ill get some better sport rims and brakes, then the car is complete.

k0j5uc.jpg

older cars:

2002 VW Golf 2.0slow
2001 VW Golf GTI 1.8T
2007 VW Golf GTI 2.0T APR STG2+

There's my Miata, but here's what I'll use this winter; it's a V6, it's really loud and backfires a lot, the clutch is like thick molasse and the steering bushings are shot. Oh, and open diff.
20161030_144042.jpg
Huh, not that i know you on a personal level but i never thought that you would ever get a Mustang. Wonder how that thing will do when it really starts to snow. "Clutch is like thick molasse"....lol!!

Huh, not that i know you on a personal level but i never thought that you would ever get a Mustang. Wonder how that thing will do when it really starts to snow. "Clutch is like thick molasse"....lol!!
It's actually my brother's haha. We're roommate so we'll share the car. Srsly tho, Americans were so much worse at making cars back then, the build quality is soooooo bad xD

It's actually my brother's haha. We're roommate so we'll share the car. Srsly tho, Americans were so much worse at making cars back then, the build quality is soooooo bad xD

Haha! i know. Thankfully they have gotten much better now. It didn't stop me from wanting a SVT version of your bro's car back then in fact i still wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%