Show us your Rig / Cockpit

I love hardware as much as the next guy but it sucks people continue to threat this repository of cockpit builds as their blog. Can you guys please start your own threads about your cockpits? Then no one cares how many pages you fill discussing processors and cpu temps and gaming hardware. Normally I don't care about thread drift but this isn't some random throwaway thread.

Spanning 13 years this is the single best resource on the internet for looking at simrigs as a whole. Rig posts age well and serve as a reference for years to come. When pages fill up with dull chat about amplifiers and ram speeds or every. small. update. to your personal rig it does the community a disservice by diluting a unique resource. Those posts also age like milk as your 'new' hardware gets obsoleted by the march of time.

tl;dr: please start dedicated threads and stop treating the community cockpit thread like it's your facebook page
KK Boss :whistling:

I love hardware as much as the next guy but it sucks people continue to threat this repository of cockpit builds as their blog. Can you guys please start your own threads about your cockpits? Then no one cares how many pages you fill discussing processors and cpu temps and gaming hardware. Normally I don't care about thread drift but this isn't some random throwaway thread.

Spanning 13 years this is the single best resource on the internet for looking at simrigs as a whole. Rig posts age well and serve as a reference for years to come. When pages fill up with dull chat about amplifiers and ram speeds or every. small. update. to your personal rig it does the community a disservice by diluting a unique resource. Those posts also age like milk as your 'new' hardware gets obsoleted by the march of time.

tl;dr: please start dedicated threads and stop treating the community cockpit thread like it's your facebook page

Nvidia or AMD? X,D

Last edited:

If you look at the first 10 pages of this thread, you can see how amazing sim racing hardware has changed. 13 years ago G25 was a high end racing wheel.
Also, it's kind of hilarious you said this because the very first page of this thread, people are asking what monitor and what seat people are using. :p You should find those people and let them know to keep that kind of casual chat to their own threads!

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
If you look at the first 10 pages of this thread, you can see how amazing sim racing hardware has changed. 13 years ago G25 was a high end racing wheel.
Also, it's kind of hilarious you said this because the very first page of this thread, people are asking what monitor and what seat people are using. :p You should find those people and let them know to keep that kind of casual chat to their own threads!
It’s always been the same since day 1 97% chat 3% pics some people just lost there minds that’s all I just take these people with a pinch of salt.

It’s always been the same since day 1 97% chat 3% pics some people just lost there minds that’s all I just take these people with a pinch of salt.

I've combed this entire thread front to back more than once to track the evolution of the simrig. At first it was as you describe.. and of course no one cared since at that point it was just another thread with many like them all over the internet. After a bunch of years though it got legs and most people started treating it with a little more respect as its value as a resource grew. Yes there are lapses in that respect as the last several pages have demonstrated but people really look to this thread for inspiration and the more you abuse it like this the less value it has.

You are obviously free to do as you wish. I ask again though, please start your own threads already... then you can use them as chatrooms all you like and everyone wins.

In the spirit of posting rigs for others to enjoy/take inspiration from, I humbly present my rig.

PXL_20201102_204927593.NIGHT (Large).jpg

Simlab P1-X
Triple Benq ex3203r + an old HP 24"HD monitor on top with Simhub for lap and track info
Old Nexus 10 tablet with Sim Dashboard for additional car info (in the same style as the Ferrari 488 GT3 dash) I don't need in sight.
Fanatec CSW 2.5
Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals
Fanatec Limited Edition 2019 F1 rim
Fanatec Porsche 918 rim
Fanatec Shifter

Planned upgrades: Heusinkveld Sprint pedals. Direct Drive. Not sure yet, but might go for Simucube 2 Pro with a GT/F1 style rim and a round or D shape rim

*edit*
Forgot about PC specs
AMD 3700X, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, 1TB NVMe for Windows and productivity apps, 2TB SSD for games.
I might upgrade the 2070S to whichever card works best for ACC within a reasonable budget, be it AMD or Nvidia.

Last edited:
In the spirit of posting rigs for others to enjoy/take inspiration from, I humbly present my rig.

View attachment 419367
Simlab P1-X
Triple Benq ex3203r + an old HP 24"HD monitor on top with Simhub for lap and track info
Old Nexus 10 tablet with Sim Dashboard for additional car info (in the same style as the Ferrari 488 GT3 dash) I don't need in sight.
Fanatec CSW 2.5
Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals
Fanatec Limited Edition 2019 F1 rim
Fanatec Porsche 918 rim
Fanatec Shifter

Planned upgrades: Heusinkveld Sprint pedals. Direct Drive. Not sure yet, but might go for Simucube 2 Pro with a GT/F1 style rim and a round or D shape rim

*edit*
Forgot about PC specs
AMD 3700X, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, 1TB NVMe for Windows and productivity apps, 2TB SSD for games.
I might upgrade the 2070S to whichever card works best for ACC within a reasonable budget, be it AMD or Nvidia.
Very nice setup! Also, if I may, upgrade to HE Sprints before getting Direct Drive if you do not plan on doing both at the same time. The upgrade from V3 to HE sprints was surprisingly big.

Again, nice setup!

Enough talk about high-end rigs, lets really fall back to earth with a massive bump! Here’s my home made rig, made out of MDF and off-cut pieces of timber.

A tired, re-purposed office chair acts as my racing bucket seat and the magic doesn’t end there, god no, it’s all wired-up to some cheap bass shakers and an even cheaper amp. It adds a certain layer of realism, as you race in constant fear of having a hip displaced or suffering electrocution from my dodgy wiring. The end-result though is stunning, if you close your eyes, you actually believe you are in a real race car - if one resembled a Ford Fiesta, careering down a cobbled street backwards because you forgot to put your handbrake on when you nipped to the cash-point.

IMG_1935.JPG

All this eye-candy is polished further by a carbon fibre finish adorned with numerous home-made stickers. I’ve not used real carbon fibre of course, it’s one of those cheap vinyl wraps from ebay. But if it’s good enough for a souped up 1997 Honda Civic drifting around in a supermarket car park, then it’s good enough for me.

Basically, the whole package looks that impressive it’s like one of those amazing rigs you can hire for trade shows.

Owning a high-tech rig like this is not plain sailing though, you need to house it somewhere special, a place that matches its status. As you can see in the photo above, for years it was slung in the corner of a cold, damp store room. The shivering the driver enjoys merely enhanced the experience, it’s as if your veins are coursing with pure adrenaline.

However, due to a global pandemic, I got permission to convert the store room into an office, which I’ve been working on over the summer Suddenly the room has been transformed, plus the rig looks a lot happy in the more comfortable surroundings.

IMG_2221.JPG

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

I’ve decided to decorate the walls with pictures celebrating my favourite tracks. Road America went up first as that was an easy poster to source.

IMG_2249.JPG

However, my two other favourites didn’t have any posters commercially available, which was understandable as one of them is quite obscure on the world stage and the other is actually a fictional track.

Undeterred I designed them myself, so here’s my homage to @mantasisg 's fantastic Nemuno Žiedas

IMG_2227.JPG

and here’s my effort depicting the sublime Horsma Raceway by @Ghoults I’m hoping Google translate has totally butchered my wording on this to hilarious effect, Finnish is not my strongest language!!!

IMG_2226.JPG

Anyway, thanks for looking. I will buy a proper rig one day. Promise.

Equipment:

Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

ClubSport Pedals V3

ClubSport F1 Steering Wheel

PC:

RTX2070 / AMD 3900x / 2TB / 16GB

Oculus Rift S

Enough talk about high-end rigs, lets really fall back to earth with a massive bump! Here’s my home made rig, made out of MDF and off-cut pieces of timber.

A tired, re-purposed office chair acts as my racing bucket seat and the magic doesn’t end there, god no, it’s all wired-up to some cheap bass shakers and an even cheaper amp. It adds a certain layer of realism, as you race in constant fear of having a hip displaced or suffering electrocution from my dodgy wiring. The end-result though is stunning, if you close your eyes, you actually believe you are in a real race car - if one resembled a Ford Fiesta, careering down a cobbled street backwards because you forgot to put your handbrake on when you nipped to the cash-point.

View attachment 420340

All this eye-candy is polished further by a carbon fibre finish adorned with numerous home-made stickers. I’ve not used real carbon fibre of course, it’s one of those cheap vinyl wraps from ebay. But if it’s good enough for a souped up 1997 Honda Civic drifting around in a supermarket car park, then it’s good enough for me.

Basically, the whole package looks that impressive it’s like one of those amazing rigs you can hire for trade shows.

Owning a high-tech rig like this is not plain sailing though, you need to house it somewhere special, a place that matches its status. As you can see in the photo above, for years it was slung in the corner of a cold, damp store room. The shivering the driver enjoys merely enhanced the experience, it’s as if your veins are coursing with pure adrenaline.

However, due to a global pandemic, I got permission to convert the store room into an office, which I’ve been working on over the summer Suddenly the room has been transformed, plus the rig looks a lot happy in the more comfortable surroundings.

View attachment 420342
View attachment 420345
View attachment 420343

I’ve decided to decorate the walls with pictures celebrating my favourite tracks. Road America went up first as that was an easy poster to source.

View attachment 420352

However, my two other favourites didn’t have any posters commercially available, which was understandable as one of them is quite obscure on the world stage and the other is actually a fictional track.

Undeterred I designed them myself, so here’s my homage to @mantasisg 's fantastic Nemuno Žiedas

View attachment 420347

and here’s my effort depicting the sublime Horsma Raceway by @Ghoults I’m hoping Google translate has totally butchered my wording on this to hilarious effect, Finnish is not my strongest language!!!

View attachment 420348

Equipment:

ClubSport Pedals V3

PC:

Oculus Rift S

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That's what we need...a low-brow Simrig thread! Enough with all the fancy stuff.

PS: Mine is similar, but less polished. :)

Last edited:

View attachment 420340

View attachment 420342
View attachment 420345
View attachment 420343

View attachment 420352

View attachment 420347

View attachment 420348

Equipment:

ClubSport Pedals V3

PC:

Oculus Rift S
Love the rig, love the posters more! Nice job.

View attachment 420340

View attachment 420342
View attachment 420345
View attachment 420343

View attachment 420352

View attachment 420347

View attachment 420348

Equipment:

ClubSport Pedals V3

PC:

Oculus Rift S
Love it! Your finnish is perfect too.

Love it! Your finnish is perfect too.

Glad you like it! Also pleased that Google translate hasn’t completely shafted me as well

I decided to move away from the ‘official’ green branding as I wanted to showcase its Finnish-ness, it turned out ok. Took ages trying to get the perfect screen shot though.

It’s easily my favourite track on AC, any vintage car is a joy to fling around it, especially the RSR 1974.

Probably not the forum for it, (may get shouted at as I drift off-topic) but have you any plans to create different layouts? I’d love to combine the awesome trophy layout with the longer straight before the final right hander found in the Full layout.

I’m sure that’s tonnes of work, so probably not, but thanks for such a great track, it’s perfect

Glad you like it! Also pleased that Google translate hasn’t completely shafted me as well

I decided to move away from the ‘official’ green branding as I wanted to showcase its Finnish-ness, it turned out ok. Took ages trying to get the perfect screen shot though.

It’s easily my favourite track on AC, any vintage car is a joy to fling around it, especially the RSR 1974.

Probably not the forum for it, (may get shouted at as I drift off-topic) but have you any plans to create different layouts? I’d love to combine the awesome trophy layout with the longer straight before the final right hander found in the Full layout.

I’m sure that’s tonnes of work, so probably not, but thanks for such a great track, it’s perfect
At this point I don't really have plans. I've been thinking about making a modern version of it with less bumps but it is quite a bit of work as I'd want to do it properly with modern kerbs and runoffs. For that amount of work I'd rather do new track. An extended trophy layout is not that much more work though. Maybe it could happen.

At this point I don't really have plans. I've been thinking about making a modern version of it with less bumps but it is quite a bit of work as I'd want to do it properly with modern kerbs and runoffs. For that amount of work I'd rather do new track. An extended trophy layout is not that much more work though. Maybe it could happen.
Is that an Australian Ford Falcon in your avatar? What is its history? Racing series, class, time period?

Is that an Australian Ford Falcon in your avatar? What is its history? Racing series, class, time period?
I know very little a bout the car and remember even less. Here is a thread with tiny bit info about it:
And here's a video of similar car in action:

I know very little a bout the car and remember even less. Here is a thread with tiny bit info about it:
And here's a video of similar car in action:
Thank you for the vintage motorsports education. I am a big fan of the 1970s Holdens, Falcons, and Valiant Chargers.

Added a couple of Hue Play bars behind monitor for some bias lighting.

Tried out Hue Sync quickly, works really well in game, just need to tweak the settings.

My Heusinkveld Sprints are arriving this morning, so that *should* be me finished with my set up.

Reactions: CC

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back