Show us your Model Cars Collection!

Yup it's a lovely model. Kinda shame it's the only Firebird model with actually working pop-up lights (if not counting the K.A.R.R)
Still considering about this as well though, because in general as much as I love firebird and KITT, I don't like black diecasts. The only I have now is AutoWorld's Ford Torino Cobra, which looks badass in black, with splitter and louvers, but it has a lot of chrome parts which make it stand out. Usually black diecasts look kinda hidden among the rest of collection.

As for DeLorean, I'd suggest taking AutoArt's now, and don't consider it for too long. They just got a 2nd issue, so the prices are quite low-peaking at the moment, later they will skyrocket.

Someone I know who sadly recently passed away, built himself a replica KITT and even had a part of the interior signed by the Hoff.

Great thread :)

Here's my small collection of 1/43 cars - spot the odd one out!

DyuhQOXXcAEJtGf.jpg:large

Yup it's a lovely model. Kinda shame it's the only Firebird model with actually working pop-up lights (if not counting the K.A.R.R)

I actually looked at getting a K.A.R.R. diecast too but those are 5-10x the price of the K.I.T.T. one I got! Probably because they didn't make nearly as many. Perhaps one day I'll get it, but when I saw the price it went to the bottom of the list.

I actually looked at getting a K.A.R.R. diecast too but those are 5-10x the price of the K.I.T.T. one I got! Probably because they didn't make nearly as many. Perhaps one day I'll get it, but when I saw the price it went to the bottom of the list.
Funny thing, in the local shop KITT is gone long ago, but KARR is still there for a very fair price.
Still considering, movie cars is not my thing (for my collection anyway).

Slight offtopic, but on the diecast theme: if anyone is browsing through models on eBay - make sure to avoid a scammer named "exotic-vintage..." whatever; they put random tags instead of usual make/scale/model, and in the brand instead of make they put random nonsense like "museum quality, high precision, model art" etc. They are trying to sell models for 5x-10x the price, the cheap Revell will cost you CMC price; AutoArt would cost like used beater car... pretty good beater car actually.
I don't know why are they still around after so many years of that shady business, and who buys stuff from them. Probably some type of boomers who believe in "museum quality, high precision" and big numbers more than their own eyes. (nothing against boomers in general).
But they spam my feed a lot, and that's becoming really annoying.

Funny thing, in the local shop KITT is gone long ago, but KARR is still there for a very fair price.
Still considering, movie cars is not my thing (for my collection anyway).

Slight offtopic, but on the diecast theme: if anyone is browsing through models on eBay - make sure to avoid a scammer named "exotic-vintage..." whatever; they put random tags instead of usual make/scale/model, and in the brand instead of make they put random nonsense like "museum quality, high precision, model art" etc. They are trying to sell models for 5x-10x the price, the cheap Revell will cost you CMC price; AutoArt would cost like used beater car... pretty good beater car actually.
I don't know why are they still around after so many years of that shady business, and who buys stuff from them. Probably some type of boomers who believe in "museum quality, high precision" and big numbers more than their own eyes. (nothing against boomers in general).
But they spam my feed a lot, and that's becoming really annoying.

KITT arrived yesterday, and I finally got my General Lee model that's been sitting in my closet for many years assembled.

IMG_5451.jpg
IMG_5453.jpg
IMG_5452.jpg
IMG_5462.jpg

Wait, it's not the KITT I've been thinking about.
I talked about 1/18 Hot Wheels Elite. Is this one a 1/24?

Last edited:
Wait, it's not the KITT I've been thinking about.
I talked about 1/18 Hot Wheels Elite. Is this one a 1/24?

Yeah, it's just a Jada 1/24 from fleabay, cost around $25 with shipping. I only have two 1/18 cars, my shelves aren't really big enough for them so I've been getting 1/24 instead so I can fit more of them on the shelves.

It's actually better quality than I expected, other than looking like it's a bit of a low-rider it's all pretty decent and has a nicely detailed interior for a cheap diecast. Since all it has to do is sit on my shelf and look cool, I'm satisfied with it. The red light comes on and sweeps for 10 seconds when you open the driver's door, I didn't even know that when I bought it! :laugh:

I should have two more 1/24's waiting for me when I get home from work today. :D

Good thing about 1/24 is that there are countless kits in this scale, you can buy nearly anything.
If you are into Corvettes, look for Danbury Mint 1/24's, they are few levels ahead of even most of 1/18s. the Owens-Corning one from them is more detailed than my Carousel1 1/18th one.
Shame it's not "my" scale.

Good thing about 1/24 is that there are countless kits in this scale, you can buy nearly anything.
If you are into Corvettes, look for Danbury Mint 1/24's, they are few levels ahead of even most of 1/18s. the Owens-Corning one from them is more detailed than my Carousel1 1/18th one.
Shame it's not "my" scale.

I'm still new to this addiction so for now my choices are mainly decided by budget (i.e. cheap ones). :laugh: I'm starting off with the cars that influenced me to become a petrolhead, KITT, General Lee, B2F DeLorean, OG Batmobile, and eventually Trigger from Smokey and the Bandit. On my porch right now is a 1/24 Jeff Gordon NASCAR from the mid-90's. I don't care about NASCAR now but the first Brickyard 400 was my first ever race and seeing a "hometown boy" win it is what transformed me into a petrolhead so now that will be represented in my collection.

I'm still new to this addiction so for now my choices are mainly decided by budget (i.e. cheap ones). :laugh: I'm starting off with the cars that influenced me to become a petrolhead, KITT, General Lee, B2F DeLorean, OG Batmobile, and eventually Trigger from Smokey and the Bandit. On my porch right now is a 1/24 Jeff Gordon NASCAR from the mid-90's. I don't care about NASCAR now but the first Brickyard 400 was my first ever race and seeing a "hometown boy" win it is what transformed me into a petrolhead so now that will be represented in my collection.
Yup those Danbury's are real expensive now.

As for NASCAR - well, I love it for the amount of hours I spent with Nascar 2002-2003, and Action makes pretty cheap/affordable models.
Got two IROC and ASA Camaros, minding my love for the 3rd gens. The only 1/24s in my collection so far. The proportions of them (even minding they are silhouette cars) are still much better than 1/18th SunStar. Let's see what I can do.

I've been collecting for a few years now, there's a few different 'themes' to my collection though I mainly just collect anything that I like - mostly 1/43 models as they don't take up a whole lot of space.

My F1 collection is bit of a mix, though mainly I tend to collect the models of the underdog and reject teams as well as the first F1 cars that well known drivers have raced.
bf7PzHL.jpg

OCVrgOF.jpg

OO3gAVa.jpg

714BUhX.jpg

5LIyg43.jpg

RcNeJwe.jpg

My rally collection mainly consists of Fords, though I've started to branch out to include other manufacturers.
mXTtnlv.jpg

...and this is the rest of the collection, a lot of which are cars that I often use in RaceRoom
y09T3hp.jpg

TTgA4Y9.jpg

Made some changes/additions to my collection over the last week or two.

One bookcase is dedicated to Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the three big events (IndyCar, NASCAR, F1) that I attended which made me a motorsports fan. There's a Subaru shelf, including one of my current real-life car model, a Hollywood shelf, and Ferrari shelf, a Shelby shelf, a Bus/Bug/German shelf, and some more random IMS memorabilia (including the program and tickets for the Indianapolis 500 from the year I was born, 77).
01 IMG_5602.jpg

02 IMG_5815.jpg
03 IMG_5824.jpg
04 IMG_5483.jpg
05 IMG_5484.jpg
06 IMG_5527.jpg
07 IMG_5814.jpg
08 IMG_5823.jpg
09 IMG_5822.jpg
10 IMG_5819.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing