Show shadows under the car

tjc

Premium
Guys...

Would anybody have a setting they know works best for having the shadows show properly under the car wheels (especially open wheelers) as I`m getting a gap in the shadows from the bottom of the tyre to the road.

It`s this line in the player file: (I think?)

Tire Ground Offset="0.00000" // Offset so tire shadows work properly on ground

EG:

I guess I`ll maybe just have to experiment then but I`ve noticed it seems to be weather dependent as it was sunny when I took the above screen but I`ve tried it when it was overcast and it`s not so noticeable at all in those conditions...

It could be that it has to do with the shadow bug that's already known. Shadows appear and disapear from time to time. Not sure if thats been addressed yet.

Now I have to say that I have not seen this issue in my own replays yet. It is possible that this is a setting indeed. Can look into it when I have some time to do so.

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

I have`nt tried any settings changes yet but am going to do so. Would be interesting to see what your setting is for that line Marco.

Did one of you guys make this a thread on it`s own as I could have sworn I posted this in my rf2 questions thread but maybe I`m getting confused?

:confused:

Thread is split up, as it's quite a specfic question ;)

I am not sure about tonight, but I think I might find some time to look into this tjc. Can you give me your game settings in terms of the shadows and details? Just to make sure I have the same settings to try.

Also, if there is a specifc time of day that his "feature" is best visible, please let me know ;) Makes testing a bit more easy.

Thread is split up, as it's quite a specfic question ;)

I am not sure about tonight, but I think I might find some time to look into this tjc. Can you give me your game settings in terms of the shadows and details? Just to make sure I have the same settings to try.

Also, if there is a specifc time of day that his "feature" is best visible, please let me know ;) Makes testing a bit more easy.

Ahh right, I thought I`d posted it in the same thread but at least now I know I`m not going mad :laugh:

Everything is maxed out in game Marco and when I took the screen above in post #1 I think it was 11:00 in the morning, probably on default weather.

I can say that I`ve noticed it doesn`t seem to show up as much with overcast weather but then the shadows are not as dark and noticeable in overcast/rainy weather anyway.

It`ll be interesting to see what you come up with. :)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back