Shoulder pain...

Hi all,

Out of the blue im having serious left shoulder pain and at the moment im visiting a physiotherapist. After practicing the porsche at China for about 2 hours yesterday, this morning my right shoulder also ache...

Im racing in my home made seat and i start to think that my position is not correct. Does anybody recognize this shoulder problem during or after racing? What kind of seat do you have and are there any tips on do's and dont's?

Grtz. Boby

Thats a very interesting question Boby.

First of all a doctor is the one that knows best but I am curious myself how people race.

Do you have to raise your arms when you are in the seat to reach the steeringwheel? Personally i prefer to have the wheel lower than my shoulder height.

Best of luck man, hope it solves itself

I had troubles with my shoulder and neck as well Boby
but another pillow made a lot of troubles go away.
I also think that by reaching my mouse when sitting in my playseat I might
put extra tension on my shoulder or sthing.
When i start putting together a new rig in a few months, all this I will be taking into account.

Thanks for the reply's. Im going to the doctor on next monday. When i race i tend to cramp my shoulders. And yes...sleeping is also a big problem. i lag on my arms SO i have to change my sleep habits.

I have turned down the FFB a lot so i do not have to use force to turn the wheel. Advantage: less pain during and after racing. Disadvantage: i have to get used to the new driving style and i loose lots of time cause i do not feel the car (yes i have red the topic about the strength of FFB;)). I need to build a new cockpit with a full adjustable wheel height. But...that can take a while:whistling:

I am having pains in my right hand...... is this due to racing too?

That might the beginning of a carpal tunnel syndrome. Or your tendons might be over-worked. I had the same pains, to the point that could no longer used mouse properly. But now it's OK as i have been using a wrist guard.

Do some exercises between your waiting in front of the PC. close and open your fists while rising them above and to the sides with your arm.

Hi all,

Out of the blue im having serious left shoulder pain and at the moment im visiting a physiotherapist. After practicing the porsche at China for about 2 hours yesterday, this morning my right shoulder also ache...

Im racing in my home made seat and i start to think that my position is not correct. Does anybody recognize this shoulder problem during or after racing? What kind of seat do you have and are there any tips on do's and dont's?

Grtz. Boby
You'll probably have at least one of the following issues:
1) Wheel too high
2) Wheel too far away
3) Elbows not tucked in enough

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline