Should Sector 3 look into a new Touring Car series?

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
Last edited:
Voted for V8's!!! Those cars made for some fun endurance racing with the Race07 clubs.

Would love to see Stock Cars too. At least maybe the trucks.... But with the Gt cars and prototypes, we coukd really use tracks like Mosport, Road America, Le Mans 24h....... Still, loving the content we have now and the sounds, sounds, sounds!

They should look into fixing the multiplayer first and foremost :rolleyes:

V8 would be nice, but the only one they already have the tracks for is ADAC TCR.
Guys that would work on MP usually dont do cars models and physics.. So let them fix MP while different guys work on cars.. Well after obtaining licences

Voted STCC but a general TCR class would be the way forward. The TCR regulations have been adopted by a large number of championships around the world and a dozen or more models have been built to compete in this class. Pretty impressive when it's only been in existence for two years.

TCR is clearly the future of less expensive touring car racing and will be here to stay. So Sector3 would be wise to try and get the STCC or ADAC TCR Germany...or even just a generic TCR class that represents no particular series (much like the GTR3 class).

Voted STCC but a general TCR class would be the way forward. The TCR regulations have been adopted by a large number of championships around the world and a dozen or more models have been built to compete in this class. Pretty impressive when it's only been in existence for two years.

TCR is clearly the future of less expensive touring car racing and will be here to stay. So Sector3 would be wise to try and get the STCC or ADAC TCR Germany...or even just a generic TCR class that represents no particular series (much like the GTR3 class).
yep and with more and more manufacturers coming to TCR it would be nice diverse series

I havent followed the tcr too much since its launch but i recall multiple manufactures being involved similar to the btcc, over the weekend a friend sent me a link for the tcr @ macua which i watched and only saw 3 manufactures running seat, vw and honda what happened to the rest of the manufactures?

I havent followed the tcr too much since its launch but i recall multiple manufactures being involved similar to the btcc, over the weekend a friend sent me a link for the tcr @ macua which i watched and only saw 3 manufactures running seat, vw and honda what happened to the rest of the manufactures?

I believe there are a dozen or more manufacturers on the TCR homologated cars list (which is growing all the time). I didn't watch the Macau race but there was at least one Alfa Giulietta involved. The TCR international series has seen involvement from Alfa, Subaru, Opel, Ford and Peugeot (may be others I've forgotten).

Seat, Honda and VW are the big three in TCR racing at present. The Seat Leon was sort of the pioneer for TCR. It's an adapted Leon Cup car so was already a very reliable, proven platform, hence why it's a very popular car on TCR grids. The VW Golf shares the same platform as the Leon so it's also become a popular car.

But it's still early days. Most manufacturers either have a TCR entry or plan to, so TCR grids will look more varied with each passing year.

there are still there. Alfa, Ford, Opel, Subaru .. they need to develop their car bit more to be competitive and they miss races due car not being ready but they are there .. don`t racall seing Peugeot though .. ( probably broke on the way to race :) ) .. in 2017 there should be Kia, Audi

And this years Macau was bad (well you saw it) .. last year with Rob Huff was better .. take a look at previous round (Sepang) if you wanna see how much fun TCR can be

there are still there. Alfa, Ford, Opel, Subaru .. they need to develop their car bit more to be competitive and they miss races due car not being ready but they are there .. don`t racall seing Peugeot though .. ( probably broke on the way to race :) ) .. in 2017 there should be Kia, Audi

And this years Macau was bad (well you saw it) .. last year with Rob Huff was better .. take a look at previous round (Sepang) if you wanna see how much fun TCR can be
I see you're in the Czech Republic...will Skoda build a car for TCR?

Wikipedia shows an Octavia TCR on the homologated cars list but I've never seen one race. As an Octavia driver myself I would love to see it happen!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%