Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Could I get content manager full version any other way. Like donating them on steam or doing stuff for them. I want to support them.
I'd say it would be best to ask Ilja (the guy who made CM) directly. In the "About" section in Content Manager there is an email and I think a link to their discord (which I don't have on me atm).

Sound like same problem here. I suggest you to completely wipe Assetto Corsa folder in Documents. I'm trying to figure out how to open DMP files to know exactly what kind of error generates the crashes. Update if solved!
how do you open the dmp files?
im having the same problem, when move the ac folder in documents the game works but i want to figure out exactly with broken file is causing this.
when i open the dmp files in notepad they are just gibberish and i cant find any onfo anywhere about how to actually read them

Thank you so much for suggesting this!
Truly,
Blaze
Truly glad that my response was useful. I've dealt with my share of problem solving since I also have plenty of mods and I fine tune most of them.
Currently I'm having that issue with Race cancelled in some tracks and I've narrowed it to the Sol track config files. When the tracks don't have them, they get that issue. There's a way of downloading them manually to fix it.

I also got it working upgrading from 49 to preview140 but it messed up my steering - for some reason my CSWv2 would not get enabled at the start of each race (but everthing else worked!) - any ideas for a workaround? happened with my other tracks not just Okayama......
(also tried some of the other patches between 49-140 and they all seemed to be buggy mess up the visuals in VR (colours become all black and white)
Maybe You could try this in CM:
upload_2019-7-16_7-42-7.png

how do you open the dmp files?
im having the same problem, when move the ac folder in documents the game works but i want to figure out exactly with broken file is causing this.
when i open the dmp files in notepad they are just gibberish and i cant find any onfo anywhere about how to actually read them
I don't know my friend, I just find out there are paid programs to do it so I've gave up.

does anyone have a solution to this? i have a csw with both a universal hub and a formula rim and i really need two different binding setups for each wheel but i cant save anything. im getting the same message as op. for what its worth i didnt even have the folder called "savedsetups". i tried creating it then saving a setup but it got the same results.

Is there an easy way to fix messed up windshields and windows using CM?

I have some old mod cars that need some help. One car i can't drive because i can't see out of the windshield. Just a blurry mess and not transparent. A few others have an issue where the opponent cars are not visible through the windows. Weird...

I was messing around with CM Showroom and found where to select the window, and there are check boxes that have transparent checked, so that isn't the issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is about the sum of settings that you need to have for inside windshields to work right.
GnZwT1S.jpg

ksAlphaRef doesn't need to be this exact value, just something between 0 and 1

I can't find the object settings offhand in CM but isTransparent should also be true.

If the mod uses the same object for inner/outer glass you won't be able to just fix it from CM.

Hmm... I guess the 2 i've been messing with are beyond repair.

The first one uses the same object for inner and outer. No matter what i try as far as settings go, still the same blurry mess.

The second one, while it uses inner and outer objects, all of the windows are one object. I imagine that may have something to do with not being able to see opponent cars through the windows.

Oh well, can't hurt to try!
Thanks for your help!

Is there an easy way to fix messed up windshields and windows using CM?

I have some old mod cars that need some help. One car i can't drive because i can't see out of the windshield. Just a blurry mess and not transparent. A few others have an issue where the opponent cars are not visible through the windows. Weird...

I was messing around with CM Showroom and found where to select the window, and there are check boxes that have transparent checked, so that isn't the issue.

Anyone have any ideas?
Posted yesterday on GTP:
You need to unpack the kn5 file with CM unpacker in the showroom (check developer options and kn5 unpacker) and open the FBX with Kunos editor. There you select every window glass and check the window glass is set to: eAlphaBlend and the IsTransparent option is set to "true" and CastShadow is set to false. Glasses MUST be all like this, it's mandatory.

Also, try different versions of the Custom Shader Patch (it's a one-click option now in the settings) as this can sometimes cause or cure weird opaque glass and blacked-out mirrors with mod cars. The issue might not be car-related, it might be a bug or conflict in the current CSP (but it's probably the car).

On the "mods" screen that uses JSGME, I wonder if there's a way to leave enabled mods listed on the left, but grayed out or marked in some way to indicate they've been enabled? Then, there could also be an option to select and enabled mod on the left and disable it?

Finding a specific enabled mod on the right can be difficult because it only lists the mods in the order they are enabled, and if you've enabled a good number of mods, you can spend several minutes carefully scrolling through them to find a specific mod to disable it.

I don't use CM for installs ... but well JSGME for everything in AC.
I already use a trick for a long time to make the search easier .... every mod folder to install has a specific 1st category name.
- Track_
- Car_
- App_
- Graph_
- Skins_
I suppose the same may be used for Content Manager ? .... but it should already be a quicker search possible... only looking at the specific category. ;)

Hey guys I have a noob question:
How do you enable AI flood in CM? I have the full version, Thanks in advance!
Edit - it sounds like I need to enable new AI behavior under Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch. But when I select Custom Shaders Patch it says "No page selected" and it seems like a dead end.
Edit 2 - I figured it out.

Last edited:
Hey,

When I use the Content Manager(lite) to launch Assetto Corsa, the wheel and pedals are not working. Using the default launcher works fine.

Content Manager detects the wheel just fine and I can set it up on the controls tab, and save presets too.

So far I've tried making assetto corsa/cfg/controllers not read only, launching both CM & AS as admin, load presets before starting, and tried using "Car-specific controls" in the drive tab of CM. All to no avail

Thanks for reading

Try resetting/removing your controller configuration in CM completely and reboot. After that, always make sure to connect your controller only AFTER starting CM. Create and save a new config. It should work then.

Had the same issue and took some time to work out above workaround.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%