F1 2010 Should I get a PC version of F1 so i have two ways to drive???

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Been playing F1 since the year dot, been playing more online since I made a little purchase of a GT Wheel and pedal set a few months ago.

Problem? Yes sometimes I can’t get on the PS3 (which is the platform I normally use for F1) due to the kids.

I know I can use the GT on a PC, will the same setting for the wheel feel the same on the PC as it took me ages to get it right on the PS3?

Will the PC version feel the same or better?

PC Spec - C2D 7200, 4Gb of Pc2 6400 Ram, and a 260GTX, can clock the PC if I need more juice as I originally built it for clocking and folding.

Got the disadvantage of only a 22" monitor for the PC as cant use the PS3 Tele due to the kids using it..... But thinking about it I sit closer to the PC monitor than the TV!!!!

What do you think?

Maybe you can post some more specs, not sure if I see what processor you have, OS and is that DDR2 RAM?
There are issues with the pc version, but there are workarounds for them.
I am running the steam version (currently it's $30 on steam) and after the workarounds I am extremely happy with the game.
Upon release and then the patch a lot of people were not happy at all though.
You will have to use GFWL, some people take issue with that as well but I never had any problems with it. Even like it since I am using my xbox gamertag in GFWL and am getting achievements on my xbox for playing a pc game.

Thank you for the reply Ned

The CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 (3mb Cache, 2.53GHz, 1066 FSB)

The Ram is indeed DDR2 6400 and the OS is Vista 64 Ultimate

Sounds a bit like hard work and I must admit to becoming lazy by using the PS3 more for gaming than the PC which really I need to snap out of.

I have a Steam accound so thats not a problme if I wanted to go that route, I'll have a look see.

I used to have win 7 x64 running on core 2 duo 6800 (2.8ghz) with 4gb ram & Nvidia 460. It seemed to run fine for me in high settings. I managed to get around 30 fps, although I think because my sound card isn't supported, the sound bottlenecks the fps, but i'm not certain on this. The minimum requirements are lower than what you have.

Isn't a 22" monitor higher resolution than a ps3 using a tv?

It depends in terms of resolution, if he's running his ps3 at 1080p then no, as this is simply a resolution of 1920x1080, the native resolution of most 22" monitors is 1680 x 1050, which is a different aspect ratio so it will look slightly different, personally I preffer this aspect ratio anyway.

Regarding the GT wheel, simply plug it in, windows should detect it and then your pretty much good to go, although I would recommend downloading the drivers for this wheel as it will give you a lot of control over the feel of the wheel, it is always better to set your devices is up through their drivers rather than the in game settings.

As for your computer running the game, it should be fine and you have the advantage of your graphic card being DX10 capable as opposed to DX9 on the ps3, this simply means your game is going to be a bit more detailed, shiny and edges will look smoother. As always make sure you have the latest drivers for your hardware.

I think you should be able to run the game decently on your comp.
If you decide to get it post here and I will try and help with workarounds, two things for me really only, not a lot of work.
The good thing is you have a 64 bit OS.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back