Should I feel understeer ffb effetcs?

I get all the effects with 360 Pure, But no understeer. I can feel tire slip, bumps, everything else. All cars are the same.

Thrustmaster TMX wheel

100% force in game
Tried 0-80% minimum FFB in game as well

Controller settings:
100%
Damper and Spring 0%

i also use a TMX and agree that there is less drop in grip than i maybe expected.
i have settled on this config (albeit i am nearly always driving the 2018 Indy Car mod - which may have a different feel to the standard cars)
TMX control panel
Overall strength - 75%
then 100,100,0,0
Auto centre = By game

In game
360mhz
FF strength = 72%
FFB low boost = 40%

Guess its all personal preference but seems to work for me. If i ramp up the feedback more, my shoulders are buggered after 30 mins !!

I may have started to dial this in with some help here. It’s amazing how easy it is to get these crap wheels to clip. I believe I could have been too high still.. and started bringing things down quite a bit. 80% ffb strength in game and low boost up to around 40% and I am actually starting to feel some understeer vibrations!

Good heavens I need a new wheel..

OK so I gotta know something here, cause its driving me crazy.

On some cars like the Abarth mod, the effects are awesome, and I can feel the steering wheel pulsate when it understeers, exactly how I want all my understeer feedback to be.

But on other cars, like the GT4 add-on and to some extent the EEC GT3 cars, I cannot feel much understeer feedback.

I gotta know, is this because my FFB settings are wrong for the GT4 and EEC GT3 mods, or is this something that is more about the way the cars are modded?

i also use a TMX and agree that there is less drop in grip than i maybe expected.
i have settled on this config (albeit i am nearly always driving the 2018 Indy Car mod - which may have a different feel to the standard cars)
TMX control panel
Overall strength - 75%
then 100,100,0,0
Auto centre = By game

In game
360mhz
FF strength = 72%
FFB low boost = 40%

Guess its all personal preference but seems to work for me. If i ramp up the feedback more, my shoulders are buggered after 30 mins !!
OSR has an Indycar series running on Sundays if you are interested. Great group and an awesome car.

OK so I gotta know something here, cause its driving me crazy.

On some cars like the Abarth mod, the effects are awesome, and I can feel the steering wheel pulsate when it understeers, exactly how I want all my understeer feedback to be.

But on other cars, like the GT4 add-on and to some extent the EEC GT3 cars, I cannot feel much understeer feedback.

I gotta know, is this because my FFB settings are wrong for the GT4 and EEC GT3 mods, or is this something that is more about the way the cars are modded?

Tune your FFB using only Reiza cars. They are all close to perfect. Mods are all over the place.

However, assume that understeer on a FWD car will not (and should not) feel the same as on a RWD car.

So I figured this out.

It seems at some point Reiza went through and changed FrontGripEffect to 0 for all the cars, located in the realfeelplugin.ini file.

That may be fine for finely tuned mods, but for others like the EEC mods, it isn’t. A simple change to .8 or thereabouts brings some great pulsating whenever I start to understeer.

So I figured this out.

It seems at some point Reiza went through and changed FrontGripEffect to 0 for all the cars, located in the realfeelplugin.ini file.

That may be fine for finely tuned mods, but for others like the EEC mods, it isn’t. A simple change to .8 or thereabouts brings some great pulsating whenever I start to understeer.

Good sleuthing! In the olden days, I always used 0.9. Older mods may still need that or 0.8, even though the latest cars work best at 1.0. It could also just be a preference or something that works differently on different wheels. 1.0 feels best on my wheel for Reiza cars, but there is no harm or issue using a different value if it feels better for you.

It's interesting because in an older thread about how FFB works, Reiza says that front grip no longer needs to be above 0, due to some new coding in a patch.

This information lead me to believe that I shouldn't be messing with the front grip value.

It's inherently wrong.

We've improved the calculation of tire self alligning torque, which is responsible for the FFB dropping a bit as front slip angle increases. This is much better than the RealFeel 'frontgripeffect' line as that numbs all FFB as far as I recall.

However, if the FFB goes lighter, it doesn't have to mean you've reached the limit of grip. It all depends on the tire and suspension geometry. Overall, you probably expect the peak force feedback to occur before you've reached peak grip.

You could make a suspension geometry where the FFB would be almost zero when reaching max grip. FFB and grip are not directly related. Just to confuse racers and make it even harder..

We've improved the calculation of tire self alligning torque, which is responsible for the FFB dropping a bit as front slip angle increases. This is much better than the RealFeel 'frontgripeffect' line as that numbs all FFB as far as I recall.

However, if the FFB goes lighter, it doesn't have to mean you've reached the limit of grip. It all depends on the tire and suspension geometry. Overall, you probably expect the peak force feedback to occur before you've reached peak grip.

You could make a suspension geometry where the FFB would be almost zero when reaching max grip. FFB and grip are not directly related. Just to confuse racers and make it even harder..

Yep, that's why you/Reiza set it back to 1.0!

The new self-aligning torque programming is what makes AMS feel so natural and wonderful, even compared to sims that have supposedly more sophisticated tire modelling.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.1%