PC1 Should I buy pCARS or not

Ihab Abbas

Premium
Hi there,
It is decision time to me "Should I buy pCARS or not"?! and to answer this question I have to ask some questions.
1- Do you consider it as a racing simulator when it comes to physics like rfcator and Race07 and iRacing, I want also the rfactor and iRacing guys to answer?
2- Does it has a respectable online system that allows bunch of cars to compete or not?
3- Should I pay one time payment or monthly payment like iRacing?
4- What is the best minimum computer configurations that could give out the maximum performance with every thing on maximum as graphics and frame rate?
Best

Just because a game looks pretty doesn't mean they wasted time on gfx instead of physics. The two require different types of programmers. What are the gfx guys supposed to do while the physics guys are working on the physics? "better not make it look too good otherwise ppl will think the physics suck"

I am not just referring to CARS, I think AC is also a good example of not needing to sacrifice physics for gfx or gfx for physics.

The word "waste" is not referred to in any of the sentences in my post. For the time spent on the graphics to be counted as "waste", they must have failed to make it a good looking game. However as I said in my post the game looks "great".

In addition, one of my sentences was: "emphasis put on graphics should be put also on the shaky and unstable physics"

If you are able to see the word "also", you can easily understand that I do not mean the efforts put into graphics should be substituted for those put into physics. I mean "additional efforts" should be put into the game in terms of physics while those put into graphics should be kept and are meaningful.

For these reasons, I have to say that the first paragraph of your post is related not to my statement but to your flawed perception of my words. But the second paragraph of your post might be right although I do not have any hands on experience with "AC" and that is another story.

The word "waste" is not referred to in any of the sentences in my post. For the time spent on the graphics to be counted as "waste", they must have failed to make it a good looking game. However as I said in my post the game looks "great".

In addition, one of my sentences was: "emphasis put on graphics should be put also on the shaky and unstable physics"

If you are able to see the word "also", you can easily understand that I do not mean the efforts put into graphics should be substituted for those put into physics. I mean "additional efforts" should be put into the game in terms of physics while those put into graphics should be kept and are meaningful.

For these reasons, I have to say that the first paragraph of your post is related not to my statement but to your flawed perception of my words. But the second paragraph of your post might be right although I do not have any hands on experience with "AC" and that is another story.

So you are just saying that you wish you could like the physics as much as you do the gfx.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The game is aimed at the Forza and GT5 type of racer. Bell admitted this. That means it will never be a proper PC sim.........ever. Lets get used to it. Pretty screenshot material only I'm afraid.:poop:

Great looking game to be fair but, as a user of both rfactor 2 and Project Cars, I must say that rfactor 2 has a more efficient graphics engine (at least for me) though Project Cars looks nicer. Project Cars is not a disappointment but emphasis put on graphics should be put also on the shaky and unstable physics.

The car GFX's are epic, but everything else isn't, but it's a WIP, so "if" track GFX can match car GFX, then it'll be incredible and incredibly resource hungry.

be reasonable.

If all you guys ever said was it's a WIP progress, then we'd have nothing to argue about, but some of you guys told me months ago that this FFB/physics and steering mess already felt as good as GTR evo, and that was MONTHS ago.....on top of this, your WMD portal is loaded with pretentious attack dogs whose aim is nothing more than to protect their investment, even though I'd do a backflip if this doesn't sell at least 2m units.

The only thing at risk with pcars is the truth.

If all you guys ever said was it's a WIP progress, then we'd have nothing to argue about, but some of you guys told me months ago that this FFB/physics and steering mess already felt as good as GTR evo, and that was MONTHS ago.....on top of this, your WMD portal is loaded with pretentious attack dogs whose aim is nothing more than to protect their investment, even though I'd do a backflip if this doesn't sell at least 2m units.

The only thing at risk with pcars is the truth.
Are you clinically insane? You're ranting in the iracing forums, now you're bringing your rants here? Get a life buddy!

Lol if only you knew jamie. David is very high maintenance and hard to please, kind of like my wife.

Some people may have enjoyed the physics 3 months ago, so what if they did. Your opinion is exactly that david, yours. Its not the written word.

I do not think pcars is the best sim ever,i just enjoy it for what it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back